• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Infamous television moments

Guest123_x1

There have been many events broadcast on television that have been noted as infamous, controversial, frightening, or tragic. All of us have, at one point or another, have probably witnessed some infamous moment unfold on live television, as well as scripted programs. These can include things such as Adam Lambert kissing one of his performers on stage, Janet Jackson's 'wardrobe malfunction' in the Super Bowl XXXVIII halftime show, among many others.

What incidents on TV have you seen that are considered infamous in any way?

One infamous television moment that I remember seeing live is Dale Earnhardt's fatal crash on the last lap of the 2001 Daytona 500. I turned on the television to my local FOX affiliate waiting for syndicated reruns of the Bob Saget version of America's Funniest Home Videos (ironically enough), when I noticed that by the time the aformentioned show was supposed to come on, the race was not even close to over-it had just restarted after a big pile-up on lap 173. As I was waiting for the race to be over, I heard a big "OH!" from the commentators. I thought the final lap crash looked relatively minor, but knew something wasn't quite right when Earnhardt didn't climb out of the wreck (Ken Schrader, who ran into Earnhardt's car as it was heading into the wall, climbed out with minimal injuries), and I was playing my Pokémon Gold to wait as I saw the ambulance transporting Earnhardt's (now lifeless) body to Halifax Medical Center.

Back