• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Well, still a fair point - there's not much difference to be offered by them compared to Net Balls, especially for the average player who doesn't know about catch rates anyway, given the game doesn't tell you about them.

Either way, it being there and available for usage has zero to do with the chances of the RSE remakes happening anyway, imo. All that is needed is code for the items to exist, which was simple enough for them to just reuse previous code as a just in case measure (and even then there's ways around it anyway).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
I have to say, reusing Bridgette is a major wink-wink nod-nod in my books. Such a minor character being brought back from that generation when fan expectations for RSEmakes are at a high has to mean something, doesn't it? Reminds me of the Gyarados at the beginning of DP.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Why can you buy dive balls in X & Y even though there is no diving in these games? This out of all of the Hoenn references is the biggest indication that remakes will be made, most likely this gen.

You're right I forgot there was no diving in gen 4. I don't get why they bother putting dive balls in the games that don't have diving in them though. Net balls serve the same function for capturing water types easier.
Dive balls were never removed from the games. The only Pokeballs that do not make repeated appearances outside of their Generation games are the Apricorn balls and now the Dreamballs. The Mechanics are still based on Pokemon found in water which aren't always Water Typed thanks to the two new generations. If you fish up a Dragalge you still get the 3.5 boost for Diveball when used against it, same with Dratini.

I have to say, reusing Bridgette is a major wink-wink nod-nod in my books. Such a minor character being brought back from that generation when fan expectations for RSEmakes are at a high has to mean something, doesn't it? Reminds me of the Gyarados at the beginning of DP.

Bridgette isn't a Ruby/Sapphire Character though and has nothing to do with the main series games. She was an off brand related Character, that actually has not been confirmed to be the same Bridgette from Pokemon Box for Ruby Sapphire. Gamefreak does not say she's the same one that created the Ruby and Sapphire Storage that was for the Gamecube, when a Character makes a repeated performance, that always say where they were originally from.

While the looks are uncannily similar, there is currently nothing that links this Bridget with Pokemon Box Ruby Sapphire's Bridgette. They actually introduce her as if she were a brand new character.

Never noticed, but their names are Brigette and not Bridgette XD Oh wow.

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2020
A Gen III remake would be less favorable to me. I'm an old pokemon fan, and I've played every generation and every canon pokemon game so far.

Despite there having already been a firered and leafgreen, I would honestly prefer yet another remake of the ORIGINALS. Red and Blue or Yellow would be an awesome new addition. I would hope they'd take it different, or perhaps even make it closer to the anime and add a better post game than ever before...

It would be so cool if they allowed you to travel to most of the old regions and maybe even do something to take you from Kanto-Johto-Hoenn.

But to be honest, I can't see them making a master game like that.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Dive balls were never removed from the games. The only Pokeballs that do not make repeated appearances outside of their Generation games are the Apricorn balls and now the Dreamballs. The Mechanics are still based on Pokemon found in water which aren't always Water Typed thanks to the two new generations. If you fish up a Dragalge you still get the 3.5 boost for Diveball when used against it, same with Dratini.

Bridgette isn't a Ruby/Sapphire Character though and has nothing to do with the main series games. She was an off brand related Character, that actually has not been confirmed to be the same Bridgette from Pokemon Box for Ruby Sapphire. Gamefreak does not say she's the same one that created the Ruby and Sapphire Storage that was for the Gamecube, when a Character makes a repeated performance, that always say where they were originally from.

While the looks are uncannily similar, there is currently nothing that links this Bridget with Pokemon Box Ruby Sapphire's Bridgette. They actually introduce her as if she were a brand new character.

Never noticed, but their names are Brigette and not Bridgette XD Oh wow.
Yeah, no. Same orange spiky hair, same weird spelling of Bridgette(Brigette), I'm going with the same character. And even if its not a main series game, the fact that they're using the same character from that generation is something.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Yeah, no. Same orange spiky hair, same weird spelling of Bridgette(Brigette), I'm going with the same character. And even if its not a main series game, the fact that they're using the same character from that generation is something.

Not really. I mean Cynthia is used in two generations, the second of which, we got no remakes despite the severe amount of people claiming there was proof that remakes were going to be made that generation.

One character that doesn't even belong to the set of games does not speak anything of a possible remake. Gamefreak treats her as if she were a brand new character, by their standards, she is brand new. No mention to Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire made so that doesn't even exist while this is the second 3DS related off game developer to have some sort of role to play.

Don't forget that Pokemon is well known for having similar characters, sharing names, and not giving solid relationships to them. Reuse of an older artwork with tweeks isn't an uncommon thing in any videogame company. She'd also one of few character with physical trait changes to this degree. She so far is one of the only character to have been shown aging, the other character being Misty from memory. Despite them all appearing in B2W2 which should have been anywhere between 5 to 10 years after the events of the original games.

She really holds no importance to whether or not a remake is in the works.

Outlier

Not really. I mean Cynthia is used in two generations, the second of which, we got no remakes despite the severe amount of people claiming there was proof that remakes were going to be made that generation.

One character that doesn't even belong to the set of games does not speak anything of a possible remake. Gamefreak treats her as if she were a brand new character, by their standards, she is brand new. No mention to Pokemon Box Ruby and Sapphire made so that doesn't even exist while this is the second 3DS related off game developer to have some sort of role to play.

Don't forget that Pokemon is well known for having similar characters, sharing names, and not giving solid relationships to them. Reuse of an older artwork with tweeks isn't an uncommon thing in any videogame company. She'd also one of few character with physical trait changes to this degree. She so far is one of the only character to have been shown aging, the other character being Misty from memory. Despite them all appearing in B2W2 which should have been anywhere between 5 to 10 years after the events of the original games.

She really holds no importance to whether or not a remake is in the works.

WRONG!

Ruby & Sapphire remakes are inevitable! And all you Hoenn Haterz just gonna have to deal with the facts.

Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2014
WRONG!

Ruby & Sapphire remakes are inevitable! And all you Hoenn Haterz just gonna have to deal with the facts.

Not sure if trolling or serious...

As much as I'd love RSE remakes, there's a good chance they won't happen.

Years
I'd be a sad puppy if hoenn remakes don't happen. I shall forever hold hope in my heart till they really do make them come true. And when they do, I'll be on cloud nine. Might even die of excitement before I get to play them. That isn't good. ;A;

Either way, yeah. I really want them. U do dis, gamefreak, or me gonna keel la keel ya guise.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
WRONG!

Start producing facts instead of grasping at straws like all of the OMG REMAKE CONFIRMED threads have been for the last 3 years.

Not sure if trolling or serious...

As much as I'd love RSE remakes, there's a good chance they won't happen.

He's trolling. Chances of remakes are a little better this time around, though like last generation there is no 100% guarantee that we are getting it. I mean they already dropped a hint that there is a new region in the works. New Region = New generation when Gamefreak does it, at least that's how it has been for the last 5 generations.

With all of the original game hype they've been throwing around there is a chance, albeit lower than RS, that there is a remake for them as well. Though with the conference in which Gamefreak said they want to focus on expanding the world of Pokemon and just keep improving its future I don't see any potential room for them to work on remakes.

In the PokeBank's Question and Answer portion they actually talk briefly about Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire. They said that in order to transfer from those games to X and Y you'd have to use an original DS or DS Lite and transfer to a Pokemon game of the 4th Generation, then transfer to a Pokemon game of the 5th Generation so that you can transfer to the 6th Generation.

Gamefreak still sees compatibility between 3rd and 6th Generations even though the DS and DS lite are recognized as discontinued. They still recognize the games as compatible with the current series of games.

Last edited:

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
X/Y References - Discussion about a possible Ruby/Sapphire remake?

I know that there is references to other regions aswell but a lot of people wants a Ruby/Sapphire remake and I know that a lot of people have found many references about Hoenn in X and Y but could this be true when it comes to a remake? I just came to think about it and I tried to search for some of these references but then I came across our new starters and something about their names caught my attention. If you pay attention to their names you'll see that the letters in their names actually spells Hoenn. I'm not saying that this is true since there isn't any proof about a remake but maybe more like hints?

CHespin
FrOakie
FENNekin

Other references:
Spoiler:

I know this might seem unlikely but its hard to not think about it since we also got a Torchic as our first pokemon in X and Y with a mega evolution stone. This is just a thought. Do you guys think there is a chance/hint for a revamp of Ruby and Sapphire?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I don't think that the large number of references to Hoenn in X/Y points to a Ruby/Sapphire remake. I think that a lot of Hoenn references are made because players newer to the series haven't had a chance to go to Hoenn, and its Game Freak's way of letting them know about Hoenn. If you started playing Pokemon in the last...wait, gotta think, its 2014 now...6 or 7 years, you've had the chance to go to every region except Hoenn:
Diamond/Pearl/Platinum: Sinnoh
HeartGold/SoulSliver: Johto and Kanto
Black/White/Black2/White2: Unova
X/Y: Kalos

The only region left out is Hoenn. I would like to see a Ruby/Sapphire remake, though.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 22, 2015
I'd really love a remake for Hoenn, and it's pretty likely. Both Gen 1 and 2 got a remake, so Gen 3 is next on the list, right?

Years
Game Freak often has this trend of throwing shout-outs to another region in most Pokemon games, like what Zekrom mentioned above me. While this doesn't really prove Ruby & Sapphire remakes, I would not be surprised if they were currently in development and then announced as the next games to come out after X and Y.

Also, we did get a fair share of 3rd Gen Pokemon among those that were given Mega Evolutions so yeah they must have been caring a lot about Hoenn lately.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2018
The lengths at which the Pokémon community goes to "confirm" upcoming remakes it ridiculous...

H, O and ENN in the starters' names = Gen. III remake confirmed?
Really, guys?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
on top of that, would there really be a need for a remake? One of the things the remakes were there for were to get the rest of the pokemon not available in the current games (so when Gen 3 came out, they released Fire Red and Leaf Green so you could have the rest of the pokemon available that weren't in Ruby or Saphire) and I presume Heart Gold and Soul Silver served a similar function, but in the current game, once you remove all the legendaries and unown, there's only about 20 - 24 lines that arent' available, so would it even be worth a remake?

Further still, when the Hoenn games came out, the Kanto and Johto games weren't compatible with the new games so there was no way to get those pokemon from one to the other. Currently however, you can get the Sinnoh and Unova games all on your current console, play them and trade them up to X and Y. And if you have an old DS, you can even trade them up from the Hoenn games. So really, the old remakes served a purpose, but right now, there really isn't a need for a remake. Not unless Hoeen suddenly becomes populated equally amongst a small array of regular pokemon and legendary pokemon . It's certainly possible, after all they did make sequels to black and white, so who knows what COULD happen.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
Years
The lengths at which the Pokémon community goes to "confirm" upcoming remakes it ridiculous...

H, O and ENN in the starters' names = Gen. III remake confirmed?
Really, guys?

Who said anything about a ''confirm'' this is just a thought/discussion, Chill.

Years
Region data for 1E and 1F could possibly be remakes as they don't have the Kalos marker on them. In case you're wondering, yes, these were hacked before using PokeTransporter, a true testament to how horrible the "hack check" is.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
IE and IF re dated Dec 26, Poketransporter came out Dec 24 (North American date, it was actually Dec 25 in Japan I think by then) just FYI. And can't you trade eggs with your friends? (not on GTS or Wondertrade, with actual internet friends)

Years
Those were all hacked with a hex editor and sent to BW/BW2 before being sent to PokeTransporter.

Pokemon without the pentagon would have no information other than that they came from a different region otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back