• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Nov 17, 2010
Wow zel, so many questions. It's like everyday this thread has a new page bud.^_^ I don't want to bug you questions so I'm not...I don't have anything to ask anyway. Everything might be covered already. Anyways buddy, take it easy and get your rest. I love this remake, the greatest of all time without a doubt.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
I think with all the positive feedback and support zel's gotten from all of us... I doubt he'll be giving up on this hack.

So zel, what do you think about the poll results, now that the poll is closed?

Last edited:

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Well, I got the Sappy program from the The Helmet Rodent site, and then just loaded the ROM in it. It did say it wasn't supported but you could let it search for the music table. Then you can, even without a play list, enter a number in the little box at the left of the progress bar. The most useful music is from number 200 to about 340. But you can also add the play list I've made to your sappy.xml file, which you can find in the last reply where zel quotes me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2012
Hey the hack looks like its coming along really well. I played shinyGold over again and I don't think this has been mentioned yet, but I noticed that after you win the first gym badge, you can carry on with the rest of the game without picking up the egg from the professor's aide. I then played pokemon gold and noticed that the guy that gives you the miracle seed doesn't allow you to carry on past violet city until you've got the first badge AND received the egg from the prof's aide.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
hi, I'm new here and I just want to say that all of your hackroms are fantastic! Keep up with the good work! ;) ... anyway I would like you to tell me the websites where I can download the latest versions of your works please!

thanks

Popuri

~Eievui~
Years
NICE HACK!!! WILL BE GOLD/SILVER REMAKE! I KNOW IT! Just don't lose patience with it, okay? And please don't stop making it!

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
hi, I'm new here and I just want to say that all of your hackroms are fantastic! Keep up with the good work! ;) ... anyway I would like you to tell me the websites where I can download the latest versions of your works please!

thanks

check the very first post on this thread it has the Beta 2 attachement, that's the latest version that's out up until now.

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Martijn i want to point out that you forget to put song track 343 of the xml song list as "Deoxys Theme" and 346 as "Teachy TV"

Years
  • Seen Aug 30, 2014
ok marz thanks! I've already played the beta 2 version, I just wanted to know if the version3 would be out already, but I'll have to wait. It'll worthit (not sure about this word)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
AAAARRRRRGGHHH!!! I Think I'm gonna destroy E-BAY!!!

I just got a PM asking me if I could sell a copy of my game, because they found my precious hack being sold there. So it seems it's true: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-SHINY-GOLD-VERSION-Awesome-new-game_W0QQitemZ170064639172QQihZ007QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Launches curses-like-missiles in both languages!

Grrr.... The least positive comment I can make about it is that at least, the guy who's fool enough to buy it will lose a few bucks when he finds himself/herself trying to advance to the Routes or the Lighthouse... HAHAHAHA!!! Now makes a sinister smile... :badsmile:

Seriously... Do not buy it! And, if you know someone who wants to buy it, tell him/her not to do it... (Everyone can play the game on a PC!)

Sigh... those freaking :pirate:s. Well, I suppose we can't do anything about them. I'll try to keep on working. I don't think it's necessary to put your opinions here, else this thread will get too dirty. Let's try to do as if this never happened (which, will be hard, but I'll try it...) Launches his last curse...

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
zel said:

I just got a PM asking me if I could sell a copy of my game, because they found my precious hack being sold there. So it seems it's true: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-SHINY-GOLD-VERSION-Awesome-new-game_W0QQitemZ170064639172QQihZ007QQcategoryZ62053QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Grrr.... The least positive comment I can make about it is that at least, the guy who's fool enough to buy it will lose a few bucks when he finds himself/herself trying to advance to the Routes or the Lighthouse... HAHAHAHA!!! Now makes a sinister smile... :badsmile:

Seriously... Do not buy it! And, if you know someone who wants to buy it, tell him/her not to do it... (Everyone can play the game on a PC!)

Sigh... those freaking :pirate:s. Well, I suppose we can't do anything about them. I'll try to keep on working. I don't think it's necessary to put your opinions here, else this thread will get too dirty. Let's try to do as if this never happened (which, will be hard, but I'll try it...) Launches his last curse...

Hiroshi Sotomura said:
Pfft, what bastards. eBay needs to be notified. Mwar~

Seriously… they have nothing better to sell, obviously.

Sorry, but I want to comment on that idea. It's terrible! :( I mean, you put all your time and work into it, just to be sold to a lowlife by a nihilist?! The net is can be so cruel sometimes...and the box art is so fake (wtf? what's with the HP-esque phoenix thing?)! I pity the lowlife who will buy it - I agree, he'she won't get the most out of the game, and will also lose some money. I mean, come here and you get the most out of it, and for free too. Those people are ripping you off! BUt not even you can do anything about it...if only there were 'policemen' online... :pirate: And yeah, eBay's so unreliable.

Zel, I guess this could motivate you into to make the hack so good it'll make those cheapo rippers and consumers look so bad. ... That's my rant, and I apologise for it.

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2015
I would only agree with this idea if:

1. Zel was the one selling it.
2. Game Freak doesn't mind so Zel doesn't get sued for millions.

Game Freak will probably not allow it to go on the market. And Zel is probably to lazy to put it on eBay anyway. >=P I hope the guy selling it gets sued.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
Years
I doubt GameFreak knows about it. But once they find out about it they may think that Zel put it there. But once Zel sets it straight the head who put it on EBAY may get sued

But did you notice that there are already 2 people who are bidding on it? They think its a game that only got released in Japan and is about to be released here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2009
I doubt GameFreak knows about it. But once they find out about it they may think that Zel put it there. But once Zel sets it straight the head who put it on EBAY may get sued

But did you notice that there are already 2 people who are bidding on it? They think its a game that only got released in Japan and is about to be released here.

Let's just hope for Zel's sake that he doesn't get into trouble. :\ And those bidders thinking it's an actual game ... aren't they in for a suprise! :P

ssj

Kanto Legend
Years
I doubt Zel will get sued seeing as Chaos Black has been out there for so long,once again Zel great job and its like Zel said its better to pretend this never happened.

Last edited:

Random

-
Years
  • Seen Feb 10, 2008
Let's just hope for Zel's sake that he doesn't get into trouble. :\ And those bidders thinking it's an actual game ... aren't they in for a suprise! :P

Oh geez stop worrying about zel, im sure he is not going to get in trouble just as long as he only distrubutes the ips patch, NOT THE ROM, besides ips patches have some legal ability, so hopefully the guy who sells this game on ebay gets in the most or all trouble for commenting such :pirate: act. Plus zel wants this to stop...

Blastoise

Der Lufthausen
Years
Zel, I love you, seriously. This is probably the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time; I'm not too keen on the name, but dang, the game inside makes up for it. Probably one of the most professional hacks I've ever played.

Also, the guy on eBay sucks. Damn pirates.

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
ok marz thanks! I've already played the beta 2 version, I just wanted to know if the version3 would be out already, but I'll have to wait. It'll worthit (not sure about this word)

No prob, and that's worth it.

Originally posted by Zel

I just got a PM asking me if I could sell a copy of my game, because they found my precious hack being sold there. So it seems it's true: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pokemon-SHINY-G...W0QQitemZ170064639172QQihZ007QQcategoryZ62053 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Grrr.... The least positive comment I can make about it is that at least, the guy who's fool enough to buy it will lose a few bucks when he finds himself/herself trying to advance to the Routes or the Lighthouse... HAHAHAHA!!! Now makes a sinister smile...

Sigh... those freaking s. Well, I suppose we can't do anything about them. I'll try to keep on working. I don't think it's necessary to put your opinions here, else this thread will get too dirty. Let's try to do as if this never happened (which, will be hard, but I'll try it...) Launches his last curse...

wait but in that box on eBay thing contains the cartridge... but Zel didn't even give out the ROM only the IPS patch... so how the hell are you supposed to play the game without the original ROM? Anyone who buys it is in for a surprise even if it does work (I know this has been posted a million times but...) since the buyer can't finish the game!:laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back