• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
"Turn around and icy wind!" Nathan yelled. "If she goes down you go down too!" Nathan face ripped a smile he was having a blast. This trainer is tough and he knew that he needed to be on his best game to defeat him. But the question was: could he?

Piplup blew a fierce icy winf directly into swablu's face yet at the same time the peck hit. Both parties seemed to be suffering. Was this the final moment?

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
"Gah, she can't roost in such situation, that leaves me with only one choice.." Ace said it quietly. "Hyper Voice on Piplup." Swablu is about to fall but she releases multiple light blue rings from its mouth at the opponent, but that makes her falling even faster and she hits ground first, whole battle field is covered with mist which was made by sand cause Swablu hit the ground with incredible speed.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Piplup is thrown throught the air by powerful shcockwaves and plummets towards the bottom of the battlefield. Both parties montionless.. is it over for both of them? "Have both fainted?" Nathan asked the trainer eagerly. Nathan was curious, because if so then this battle is going to be one heck of a ride. Nathan checked the time. It was still quite early, 12:00 Lunch should be near. I shall eat after this battle, and rest of course he thought to himself, but first I must try my hardest. His eyes still strongly attached to his pokemon.

He still had the feeling that someone was watching him.. what was that person doing? Why?

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
Kyle looked at the 2 students battling. They were battling really well, although they were still rough around the edges. A little bit of training and they would make it.

They both finished the battle, both of the Pokemon fainted.

"None of the Pokemon are able to battle!" Kyle yelled, clapping his hands. He was pretty curious as to why a student would challenge him.

"Loved your battle, kids! It'll be a great pleasure teaching you." Kyle said.

"Kyle Waters, your In-battle and Egg 101 Teacher, at your service!" he said, grinning. He bowed slightly, and tipped his hat forward.

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
Battle Field is still surrounded by Mist, only thing that Ace can see is his opponent's head and his opponent is looking at the window again. Teacher was still watching the battle. 1 minute later mist fades, and Pokemon are fainted, he recalls his Swablu. "Swablu, return, good job buddy!"

Later he heard:
..."Kyle Waters, your In-battle and Egg 101 Teacher, at your service!"

"Im Ace Star Black.." Ace said. "And this is my partner, Ice the Sneasel!" Ice waved and jumped on Ace's left shoulder again. "Its a tie..., oh well.." Ace said it quietly..

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
Nearby the twelve-year-old could hear the sounds of Pokemon battle. It would have interested him but he knew there would be more opportunities to fight or see fighting. Skye looked down at the Xtransceiver on his wrist. Cam told me to call him when I got to the island. I guess that means he'll tell mom I made it. She's probably not home anyway. He strolled up to the PC, recognizing the infrared Xtransceiver port. Clicking the computer on, he let it start up and logged in.

"Contact who?" the blue-black watched inquired in a distinctly feminine voice. Skye wondered who in the designing team had come up with the idea to swap gender voices for the watches.

Carefully, begging his voice to be stable for just two words, he managed out, "Cameron Odell."

"Contacting Cameron Odell." For a moment, he heard the distinctive elevator music that accompanied the blank gray screen. Then the picture on the PC changed into one of a male five years his senior, with lighter auburn hair and a darker tan. His eyes were a happy, easygoing hazel.

"Heya Skye!" His older brother's cheerful, confident voice made him smile faintly.

"H-Hi Cam." Skye could almost feel the older male's hand mussing his hair.

"CHill buddy, you is with your own kind now."

"I-I'm with a buh-bunch of p-people w-with a sp-sp-speech pruh-hoblem?" he asked sarcastically, earning laughter.

"No, but you're with people who give a care about their lives and their Pokemon. That little class was nice when I took it too but it's a stifling place. You needed to get out somehow and this may have been your only chance. Besides," Skye saw the picture change to a wide, photo grin. "When you're chilled out like you are now, I understand ya just fine. Just get yourself chilled all the time and you'll be okay."

"Buh-hut what a-about battling? You've got-ta sh-shout."

Cam gave his little brother his masterful look of triumph. "Yeah but make shorter commands. And back at home you used the noises right? Ellie's got good ears and Rama can read your mind at times so you'll probably be okay. As for Volca, well, he's weird. He'll be fine and so will you. So go to your dorm, eat, sleep, the whole nine yards and I'll tell the 'rents you're in one piece. Clear?"

"O-Okay Cam. Thanks."

"Bye little bro. Knock 'em dead." The connection ended and Skye logged out, feeling slightly more relieved. He glanced at the Pokeball where Volca was snoozing and put it next to Ellie's. She had returned too, having pawed the ball open during his conversation. That left Rama, who padded loyally next to him.

"L-Let's go," he murmured and the fox ran for a map before giving it to him. They headed down to the Entei dorm, and Skye wondered if anybody else was there already.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Both pokemon fainted Nathan saw. What a shame, so close. He still had 2 pokemon left to go, but I suppose the teacher announced it was over. "Humph. I suppose we're both good trainers." Nathans claimed as he walked towards the trainer with his hand outsretched. "I think we should leave it there, I'm hungry, and I am sure you and your pokemon are too. Not to mention Mr. Kyle claimed it was over. That was fun, we should continue our battle some other day when we've gained more experience. Kapish?" Nathan laughed and was happy to meet his new teacher and meet a new student that could become one of his rivals. "Alright Piplup, time to go." Piplup faded away into it's pokeball for some rest.

(Guys I have to go now and wont be back till the morning so if you guys continue try and make it that I have walked away to eat with my pokemon or something. XD: Anyway, cya. Nice battle.)

Makbets

Cookie Lover
Years
"Heh it was a good battle.." Ace said. "Sorry Ice, I will battle with you next time!" Ace smiled and Ice smiled too. "Well it time to rest and eat of course!" Ace quickly runs into academy to eat. "Hmm, I wonder what kind of food there will be, well lets see.." Looks at delicious food and can't really choose.

Last edited:

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
Years
Alice watched the two trainers battle, and it ended in a tie. "Jem, wanna take on a trainer, later?" she asked her Vulpix. "Vulpix!" Jem agreed. Alice would be looking forward to more battles, especially with Jem. He was a great battler, if Alice did say so herself. She smiled at Jem. "All right," she put him on the ground. "Let's go look around the academy," Alice suggested, walking into the building with Jem following just behind her.

The hallways were fancy looking, as expected. Alice couldn't contain her curiosity, and so she opened up a door to look inside. There was a young teacher who looked about in his mid twenties. He had brownish hair and wore a dark blue kacket. Alice's eyes widened, not expecting to see anybody inside. "Hello," she said. No point in being rude now, right? "Vul!" Jem greeted. Alice hoped she didn't interrupt him in the middle of something important. Now that she thought about it, she should've went to get a bite to eat first.

Last edited:

TrainerGiza

that really burns my poffins..
Years
Once off the boat so many people were around, all so different. There was already a battle, which Frankie watched from the entrance of the school. While watching she called her mom just like the boy who dressed fancy did moments ago.

"Mommy! Yes, I made it here. The boat ride was horrible. You would have hated it. The design was very cheap, and boring. Yeah. Yes my Pokémon are fine. Well tell Daddy I said hello, and that I love him. Okay. Love you too, bye." She then hung up. Adjusting her black framed glasses, she overheard that the battle was a tie. Hmm she thought, while observing the two boys who also had blue jackets. There was also a teacher who came up and introduced himself. Mr. Waters, eh? Hmm I don't care about eggs that much. Well hope his lessons are not boring. She heard another boy, one of the two that were in that battle, named Ace. The other boy, I will call him fancy boy, didn't reveal his name. Frankie then strutted toward Mr. Waters, and Ace. She bowed, and spoke.

"Nice to meet you Mr. Waters. My name is Frankie Castle." She flashed a smile. She wanted to stay on good terms with everyone at this point.

"And this is my Frosslass, Jacqueline." Her Pokémon also bowed. Frankie saw Ace running off into the academy. Food, eh? She thought, even though her attention was still on the teacher.

rustymenon

Master of Illusions
Years
The battle had ended, and most of the people had gone inside, searching for food. Kyle cuddled his Egg, and could feel movements inside. He was pretty happy, and excited to teach these students.

A girl walked over to him, and introduced herself as Frankie.

"Hello, Frankie. How are you." He looked at her expression. She was probably bored, and disappointed by the Academy.

"You'll adjust, you know. This is a really nice place. And look at this, this Egg. Aren't Eggs magical? Touch this, and you'll see." He placed her hand on the Egg, and made her feel the movements inside.

"See? Anyways, you'll see what I mean in class. See you there!" He walked off back into the building.

TrainerGiza

Years
Frankie was awe struck. He could tell that she disapproved of this place? Still shocked, he took her hand and placed it on the egg he was holding. The moving creeped her out, but she manages to give an interested look on her face.

"Bye!" she shouted as he walked away. Errr…that was just….gross. she shivered, trying to brush off the creepy feeling. Frankie then folded her jacket, and draped it over her arm, and walk inside. For it being a cheap school, it was quite large. The ceilings were high, and it was clean and bright. At least it looks better on the inside she thought to herself.

"Frosslass." Jacqueline had the same thoughts on the place.

"Yeah, I know right? Are you hungry?" she now was talking to all of her Pokémon. Absol named Gabriel and her Dratini named Masumi popped out of their Pokeballs. They all called out, confirming that they were hungry.

"Hopefully this whole thing will become better." She walked down the corridors, eventually stumbling upon the large cafeteria; Frankie saw that Ace was already there, gazing upon the surprising selection.

"Okay guise, go pick out what you want. Oh and Jacqueline, when you all get the food you want, go pick a seat, I will come find you."

"Fross." She agreed. Frankie then walked a little ways down the table, looking at everything, while she noticed they had Asian food. Now we will have to see how it tastes. She picked up a small plate, and places a little bit of what looked like fish, and some white rice. Walking around the table she grabbed an apple, and a bottle of water. Departing from the table she saw Masumi and the others sitting off near a window, she joined them and began to eat while chatting with her Pokémon. I want to become comfortable with this place before I go and try to make friends, she thought to herself as she opened another bottle of water for her Pokémon.

Fuyu

Years
Skye quietly entered the cafeteria, looking shyly down. No one had been at the dorm so he had left, thinking he wasn't supposed to be there. All around were various trainers getting their meals. Enlarging a Pokeball, he released his third Pokemon, Volca, a Larvesta. The bug blinked slowly up at him before waddling off to find an empty table. When it did, he sat down on top and waited. Smiling faintly with approval, Skye quickly gathered food, looking uncomfortable at the sight of so many people. Sure there were a lot of people at home, but they mostly kept to themselves and worked on their art.

Ellie was somewhere in the room. Awake now, she was zooming around with her boundless energy. Hope she stops soon. There's food. Sitting down at the table, he caught a glimpse of a semi-familiar face at a window table. It was that redhead with the Frosslass. Judging by her face, I think she's bored. How can you be bored when you've only just got here? Shrugging to himself, he reached down, gently grabbed Ellie's tail, and swept her onto the table. Volca scooted back, stealing the food tray as he did.

"Eat," he told her and she complied, looking ravenous. Rama snickered, changing into Ellie for a moment and then back again, still smirking. "Th-hat's mean Rama," Skye chided gently, laughing.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
Dr. Jonas Applewood
Mythology Teacher​

Jonas had preferred not to visit the arriving students. They had to earn the right to meet him. Jonas walked out of his house and towards the Johto Joe's. Jonas liked having a small town at the pier, so he could get what he needed, including a Large Double-Double from the coffee shop. Jonas walked into the Johto Joe's. He strolled up to the counter and ordered his coffee. As he waited, he saw Byron, one of the other Teachers. Byron was one of the few members of the Faculty that Jonas liked. Jonas received his coffee from the Barista and sat down by Byron. " Hello Byron," Jonas said. "Hello to you sir," Byron replied. "Ready for the new batch," Byron questioned. "I guess so," Jonas replied. Jonas was not looking forward to the inexperience of the new students. But it was his duty to inform them of his knowledge. Jonas finished his coffee, tipped his hat towards Byron and walked out of the Johto Joe's. Jonas looked towards the new students walking towards the Academy's cafeteria. Jonas merged in with the group and headed towards the Academy Cafeteria.

TrainerGiza

Years
While eating, Frankie noticed an Eevee zooming around the room. Eevee's were so boring, she thought, boring normal types. Ugh. She noticed that, the Eevee belonged to a beach-y looking kid, younger than her, sitting at a table near them. She caught him looking at her a few times. Huh, probably thinks I'm pretty. She smiled, and spoke quietly to her Pokémon.

"Heh, looks like we have admirer." Her Pokémon were used to this, she they didn't dare to look at the unknown boy, in case he was still looking. Masumi had trouble with an apple; it was rolling around the table, he was trying to make it still so he could take a bite. His plan was failing. Frankie laughed, and held on to the apple so he could eat it.

"Tini~" he seemed to thank her. She giggled a little.

"You're welcome, just ask for help if you need it silly."

Fuyu

Years
Skye frowned softly. At least she's nice to her Pokemon. That's one good thing about her, maybe the only thing. He kept eating, carefully finishing the small portion and going to throw the tray away. When he came back, Ellie bounced up to him, suddenly growling at the table where that other girl was sitting. Skye blinked. What was wrong now? His Eevee was just too emotional.

"E-Ellie?"

Ellie kept growling, the words only understood by the Pokemon, including the ones at the other table. "That girl was looking down on me! She sneered at Skye too! I'll beat her up!" Rama rolled his eyes and Volca kept eating, seeming oblivious.

"Who cares?" the other fox asked lazily. "She's not even in Skye's dorm. Besides, it's not like her and her Pokemon's opinion's worth much. Chill."

"No!"
Rama sighed.

"Don't blame me if there's a fight." Skye watched this interaction with worry. Ellie was a bit of a loose cannon.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
Is it too late for me to join in? If not, then here's my character:

Name: Brian Jameson

Nickname: Bri

Dorm: Entei Dorm (He aced the written part, but refused to do they practical part)

Appearance: A short boy, he has a round face full of life. He has bright blue eyes, and a smile is always on his face. He has long light brown hair. So long in fact that people have mistaken him for a girl sometimes. He wears Blue jeans that are a little too big for him and a White T-shirt with the logo of a pokeball on it. It has a few small rips in it.His shoes are a pair of dirt and grime covered things. They used to be white, but are now a shade of brown.

Personality: Brian is a very happy person. He has a tendancy to make people smile just by looking at him. He is very naive, however this adds to his charm. He is a little forgetful about the unimportant things. He always takes the time out to help people. He tries to make friends with everyone, and usually keeps those friends. He is very open and easy to talk to, and listens very well. He is more than a little clumsy, especially around girls. He is almost impossible to anger, but he scares very easily. He'll more likely run from a battle than fight. He Tries his hardest, but let's face it, he's kind of a slow learner. He can even be a little helpless sometimes, although he tries to be self-sufficent.

He really starts to shine when he deals with pokemon. He was born with the ability to understand what pokemon say. He is unaware that not many people, if no other people at all have this ability. He doesn't like to battle, and isn't very good at it. Although he has a lot of talent caring for pokemon, he is a rookie trainer. He doesn't know the first thing about the the gyms, or type match-ups or anything.

History: Brian grew up in Hoenn, but was born in Unova. As I said before, he had the ability to understand what any pokemon is saying. When he was three, he formed a very close bond with his only pokemon, a wild Snivy. When his family had to move, they left the wild Snivy behind. Snivy, however, climbed into the bags and went with them. Brians father, upon seeing the Snivy, caught him in a pokeball and gave him to Brian. The two have been inseperable ever since. While Brian was in Hoenn, he made friends with many of the children there. They were a lot older than him, so they left him behind to go on their pokemon journeys, a fact that made him sad. He has six older brothers, and his family can't afford to get him new things, so he gets the hand-me-downs. As the youngest of his siblings and only one who has shown any interest in pokemon, his parents have decided to send him to the school. They also have informed Professer Oak about his unusual ability.

Pokémon: He only has the one.

Species:Snivy

Nickname(Optional):Snivy

Personality: Snivy is a bit of a brat. She has an arrogant air, making other pokemon a bit angry at her. On the inside, however, she is lonely. So she acts the way she does, and others keep their distance. She doesn't listen to anyone but Brian, ever. She doesn't trust anyone but Brian, because she was abandoned by her old trainer. He had caught her, but after she lost a few battles, she lost her confidence in her strength. She dislikes battling as much as her trainer does.

Lvl(Max 15): 9

Moveset(Up to 6 Tm and Egg moves allowed)

Tackle
Vine Whip
Attract
Bullet Seed
Secret Power
Growl

Last edited:

TrainerGiza

Years
Frankie and her pokemon were interrupted by the boy's Eevee growling at them. Oh for the love of Arceus. Jacqueline told what the conversation was, and it just made Frankie smile. She called over to the boy.

"It seems your Eevee as a problem with me and my pokemon." Frankie's Absol, also was not in control of his temper. He jumped off of the table and walked toward the Eevee, Growling right back. He snapped his jaws at the fox Pokémon, in hopes of warning her to stay away. Frankie got up, and so did her other Pokémon and walked toward them. She bent down next to her Absol, and smiled at the Eevee, growling at her.

"Well aren't you rude." She pouted
"That's enough, Gabriel." Frankie stroked her dark Pokémon, and then stood up introducing herself.

"My name is Frankie Castle. I see your apart of the Entei dorm. How quaint."

Fuyu

Years
"Or what huh?" Ellie challenged. "You tell your human to stop making fun of Skye!"

Skye watched this in slight confusion before realizing he had been spoken to. "Y-Yes. I a-am. You're a pu-hart of Sui-Sui-" He paused, trying to force the word from his throat. "Suicune," he managed, looking slightly flustered. "I'm Sk-Skye. I cou-couldn't puh-hass the practical. St-Stu-hutering and all. I d-dunno what wr-wrong with E-Ellie. She's not al-always l-like this. Suh-Sorry."

TrainerGiza

Years
Gabriel found her challenge amusing.

"Your trainer isn't even capable of training you properly! Frankie is not making fun she's just stating the truth." The Absol gave off a sly smile before being calmed, and backed off. Frankie was put off-guard, not expecting this poor boy to have a stuttering problem. She almost felt bad for him, but she figured she wouldn't tease him about it. He seemed nice, but his Eevee,…that's another story. Frankie tried to ignore the fact that his stuttering almost made his speech difficult to understand.

"Ah yes, I am. Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure you will get the hang of it." She gave him a real, and yes it was real smile. She then responded to the comment about his Eevee, Ellie.

"Well it seems our Pokémon don't get along, or she doesn't seem to like me." Frankie laughed. You are not even worth my time. Frankie always didn't like normal types, not matter the size, or color, for that matter. Their moves were quite limited in the contests she used to watch as a child, so this impression had stayed with her.

"Oh it's all right, not everyone will like everyone I guess." She looked and saw his eyes were a contrast to his skin and hair. Hmm, interesting she thought. Maybe this is the one I can stand.

Back