• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Pokécommunity Pokedex Project [Read First Post!]

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Honestly I like how it looks, sure it look ghostly but look at Gastly for example its a Posion/Ghost type and the detail in the design which specifically shows it is Posion type its the gas around it just like your design. Also the body form, the ooze and the crossed skull really show that its poison type.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I didn't exactly keep them. They just happened to be in some sketchbooks / notebooks that I found today.

Okay, so I won't be able to draw anything digitally for a while. I just lost the stylus/pen for my tablet, so it's about worthless. It does work by touch, but I can't use it to save my life. And my drawings done with a mouse might possibly make you go blind.

I currently am about to start on a sketch of a new Fakemon, though (based off one I made before this thread existed).

Edit:
I couldn't let myself draw until I found the stylus/pen, but I did just find it, so I'm about to start now.

Last edited:

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
beep beep, update on the Crow:

Name: Necrow (evolution will be a grim reaper sort of thing, or that greek guy that guards the underworld or something)
Type: Dark/Flying
Ability: Forewarn
Hunger Text:
"Necrow are present in areas where a death has just recently occurred. Their numbers are proportional to the importance of the one who died"

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Word, thanks everyone! I'll try a few different techniques with the ethereal parts of.. oh, wait.. I never named it. Uhhh... Noxeon (hoho, get it, noxious?). Idk, I just came up with that.

Yeah anyway, I'll keep trying with Noxeon and see how it goes. Also, someone else take the Fighting Eevee. I just can't do it. :( Everything I come up with either looks terrible or has already been done.

Sunny, I'll upload your Necrow soon.

Slender, if, for whatever reason you loose your stylus again, I can recommend replacements for ya.

Jet, ehhhhh Dragon Eevee. I'm struggling with spriting it. Making it "eevee-like" (ya'll know what I'm talking about) more or less completely negates your style -- which I something I want to preserve at all costs. And I really don't want to override your design with my own like I did with Cirreon and Antaeon.. sorry guys :(

So, I don't know, I'll post what I've got but I'm not very happy with it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Jetstream you asked somebody to color your designs? Here you go buddy hope you like them

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sorry I couldn't do the last one, I really didn't know what the main body was made of so I didn't know what colors to use, either way great designs :)

EDIT: Alexial if you are not feeling your design 100% you can always change it, I don't think anybody will have a problem with it :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Dragon_Eevee_Blank_zps696671d1.png

Ehhhhh..... this is so unfinished it's not even funny.

So yeah, here's the Dragon Eevee I could come up with and it has more or less no resemblance with the original. :c I had a very difficult time translating the scales with spriting and I had an even harder time giving it distinguishable wings that laid flat against its back.

So, here's a break down of what I did, Jet.

I gave it "wing ears" this fills the dragon quota and keeps that "Eevee" evolution look.
I gave it a fin/horn like thing to fill the empty space in between the wings.
I added fangs and gave it that hinged jaw look that reptiles often have.
I removed the claws, but mostly because I couldn't settle on a color, not because they weren't needed.
I kept the stone on the forehead.
I tried to kept the overall shape and feel.
I kept, but exaggerated, the three-prong tail.

I'm pretty unhappy with the entire back half of it too. HALP ME

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hmmm let me see, you could try giving it a backside that resembles Vaporeon's design, the tail length and back legs size I mean not the tail design, just throwing ideas out there.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Hmmm let me see, you could try giving it a backside that resembles Vaporeon's design, the tail length and back legs size I mean not the tail design, just throwing ideas out there.

Hm.. I hear ya. I'll keep playing around with it. Jet's original sketch had very narrow legs and thin hind quarters, so I'll try thinning it out more. Right now, it just seems like a blob of empty space back there.

On a good note!

Noxeon_zpsf58b9e1e.png

Now this one I'm pretty darn happy with. :D

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Well.. whether or not it's sitting wouldn't really matter since its wings are on its head, not its back, you know? I mean, I can totally try to sprite it sitting to take up that empty space on the back half, but that wouldn't effect the wings given their current location. The other option is moving the wings to their original spot and finding something to occupy the head but, in my opinion, that would compromise the "Eevee" look (but hey, I guess Vaporeon broke that Eevee evolution mold too, so I'm not above trying).

I don't know, it's definitely a tough one. I'll keep testing different poses and anatomy until we find something that works. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2016
Certainly :) I would think that the wings on the body when it's sat down and spread out would look awesome :)

i have gone over the candy pokemon images and here they are

30covp1.jpg

The first is normal, The second is normal/psychic

3179q4m.jpg

The third is normal/psychic

Last edited:
Years
So I was looking through the beginning post and I noticed something:

Spoiler:

I have a problem with this. My problem isn't the large change in design or the change in ability. I'm not really miffed by the change in antaeon's classification.

But here's my problem. If this is supposed to be an eeveelution, then it SHOULD follow the same rules of an eeveelution, which we've appieed to the design. So why was the gender ratio changed, when for every eeveelution its a 87.5% male to 12.75% female ratio? And also, why were the stats changed as well? Every eevee has a stat spread of 110, 130, 95, 65, 65 and 60, totalling to 525, as I had originally put in my post with the stats etc. :\

Also I made the rock eevee, although it was pretty tricky so I don't know how much we'll want to keep this design haha. My thoughts were it ate minerals and they built up on it's skin resulting in a crystalline layer or whatever:

http://i.imgur.com/NyZnHCP.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty weird haha!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
So I was looking through the beginning post and I noticed something:

Spoiler:

I have a problem with this. My problem isn't the large change in design or the change in ability. I'm not really miffed by the change in antaeon's classification.

But here's my problem. If this is supposed to be an eeveelution, then it SHOULD follow the same rules of an eeveelution, which we've appieed to the design. So why was the gender ratio changed, when for every eeveelution its a 87.5% male to 12.75% female ratio? And also, why were the stats changed as well? Every eevee has a stat spread of 110, 130, 95, 65, 65 and 60, totalling to 525, as I had originally put in my post with the stats etc. :\

Also I made the rock eevee, although it was pretty tricky so I don't know how much we'll want to keep this design haha. My thoughts were it ate minerals and they built up on it's skin resulting in a crystalline layer or whatever:

http://i.imgur.com/NyZnHCP.jpg

Yeah, it's pretty weird haha!

Ahhhhh nononono

I'm so sorry Golurk, I put in filler information until I had time to insert yours and I totally forgot. u_u; Yeah no, all of the stuff that I put in wasn't supposed to be permanent at all, that's why it's pretty much as basic as it gets.

I'll go insert your information right now! :3 That was totally my bad.

Dat rock eevee is tasty too~

Edit : Okay hun, it should be all good now, but please double check and make sure it's exactly how you wanted. n_n; Again, totally my bad. This thread moves so fast sometimes and its easy to overlook stuff.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys I finished the Poseidon Legendary sketch, there are things im going to change like the tail but overall its finished. I properly finished the arms and chest, added armor plates which Ill probably decorate a little more and finished the tail which I will change since it doesnt really fit in my opinion.

big picture
Spoiler:

While I was doing this design I realized something, some of its design are really diamond shaped and I thought that it would be a good idea to incorporate the main shapes of the card game Spades to each Legendary. Poseidon would have the Diamond, Zeus would have the Spade, Hades the Club and for the first time ever a 4th primary legendary will have the Heart, maybe Hera or Aphrodite? Since Greek mythology has a kinda royal feel to it and Spades has King and Queen cards I thought these two themes would fit, what do ya guys think?

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
That looks REALLY EPIC!!

the card shapes are a great idea to use, but if memory serves, Dragon Quest Monsters did the same thing:
Diamond was a dragon,(Diamagon)
Club was a monkey,(Cluboon)
Heart was a phoenix I think, named Fireheart or something
Spades/Ace/Wildcard was a wolf/dog thing

But, since this isn't closely related, I find no problem in incorporating the idea. Just wanted to tell you someone already "did" it, per se.

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
They look good Jet, I colored the first 2 evolutions for you, check them out in the previous page :) , if you don't mind I could color the 3rd one as well but I don't really know what the main body it's made of.

Sunfished

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Your candy Fakes are really creative, and definitely look fun to have!

The design is kinda lacking though. It looks as if you slapped a face on some candy for the first and second stages, but the 3rd stage looks practically fine.

What I suggest is to make them more unique. Right now they're really JUST candy with faces on them :P

Like, here's what I doodled up on OH MY GOD MSPAINT real quick on what they would look like, with candy as the "theme" rather than the base:

What I'm trying to get at is that you have a REALLY great idea, just make it have that "I've never seen that before!" kind of look :D

Oh yeah, that cone thing is a wizard hat :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • PR
  • Seen Sep 16, 2014
I wonder how these pokemon would survive in the wild looking so delicious and eatable, they would probably get eaten by wondering Munchlax.

Back