• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Has anybody gotten a Masuda Method Shiny yet?

X-Calem

Savior of a Broken World
Years
  • Age 24
  • SG
  • Seen Oct 27, 2014
I just started breeding for shiny Eevees (their eggs take notoriously long time to hatch) last night. I have hatched 6 Eggs so far and yet none of them has given me my coveted Shiny Eevee. :(
So, quick question, has anybody tried the Masuda Method in Pokemon X/Y and obtained a Shiny yet? And how many eggs did it take for you to hatch your shiny Pokemon? I think I'm gonna stop with the Eevees for now, time to try out something else that's easier :(

doraemonz

Beyond 9 ~*
Years
I was breeding a growlithe and got the shiny on my 10th or 11th egg but
it seems i dont have the same luck for my fetchling (3 boxes yet no shiny).

Last edited:
Reactions: Sun

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2015
I managed a shiny Pumpkaboo on the 10th egg a few days ago. No such luck with Noibat or Fennekin. >_<

Reactions: Sun

Koyan

Ghost/Dark Trainer
Years
I'm in the process of breeding for a shiny Phantump. O.o It's so beautiful. O.o

I'm on my 5th egg. Nada.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
Years
  • Seen Nov 5, 2017
To be honest, most of the shinies I've seen people get via Masuda have been within 1 box full, including my own Furfrou. But that's got to be luck, with Masuda in previous generations it only decreases odds to about 1/1600 if I'm correct, which is a crap ton of eggs to hatch.

Years
Yes, it still works! I know someone that got a shiny Fennekin after 500+ eggs, but a shiny Chespin after only 30+ or so.
You just have to have patience. It's really lucky to get one in one box, and the only reason you see so many people that are is because people make one box, and give up!

Also a tip; go catch a Fletchling and evolve it to Fletchinder (at level 17, it'll take 10 mins tops). Now, have Fletchinder in your party while you hatch eggs - it has Flame Body, which HALVES the steps an egg takes to hatch! It sped up my Eevee hatching lol!

Red Viper

Pokémon Collector
Years
Yes, it still works! I know someone that got a shiny Fennekin after 500+ eggs, but a shiny Chespin after only 30+ or so.
You just have to have patience. It's really lucky to get one in one box, and the only reason you see so many people that are is because people make one box, and give up!

Also a tip; go catch a Fletchling and evolve it to Fletchinder (at level 17, it'll take 10 mins tops). Now, have Fletchinder in your party while you hatch eggs - it has Flame Body, which HALVES the steps an egg takes to hatch! It sped up my Eevee hatching lol!
Good to know that Fletchinder also has Flame Body! I was lucky enough to have Magcargo and Magmar in Friend Safari, who both also have Flame Body.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jun 12, 2014
i had 1 box of goomy 1 chespin and 1 froakie in that order and i got froakie after around the 25th froakie egg so i'd say yes but i could have just got lucky

Years
Yep, it works, I got a shiny Eevee. :)

(In total I hatched pretty much 15 eevee eggs, she was in the middle of it)

Last edited:

Hinokage

Ghost Pokemon Trainer
Years
Aw come on, I'm on Duskull egg number 98 here...still no shiny. ><

Edit: Just hit number 150, beyond discouraged at this point.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
I'm somewhere around 200+ charmanders and still haven't got lucky, though i'm getting a little discouraged I still have around 900 more before i completely lose hope lol.

Years
Aw come on, I'm on Duskull egg number 98 here...still no shiny. ><

Edit: Just hit number 150, beyond discouraged at this point.

I'm somewhere around 200+ charmanders and still haven't got lucky, though i'm getting a little discouraged I still have around 900 more before i completely lose hope lol.

Don't get discouraged. You are only seeing fast shinies because people get so far, and if they don't find a shiny by a small number of eggs, they give up. Thus we just see people who have small numbers of eggs with shinies.
I had to hatch over 3900 eggs for my Eevee last gen, some people have had to hatch over 5000! Just stick with it.

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
late last night I made a few Eevee eggs using the MM and I got it on my 6th egg. I couldnt believe it, considering I tried for ages on Black 2. I guess this is just my Gen. for shinies(and my brothers)

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Oct 22, 2013
Don't get discouraged. You are only seeing fast shinies because people get so far, and if they don't find a shiny by a small number of eggs, they give up. Thus we just see people who have small numbers of eggs with shinies.
I had to hatch over 3900 eggs for my Eevee last gen, some people have had to hatch over 5000! Just stick with it.

Thanks for the kind words! :) though I will not be giving up any time soon. I cant wait to have that Shiny mega Charizard X

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
6 eggs? I'm up to about 200 Charmanders now and nothing. ;D So don't expect to get one so soon. However, I did get lucky with a shiny Eevee last night from about 60/70 Eevees. :)

Back