• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen What part annoyed you the most in R/B/Y?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selerbi

Time Traveler
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 3, 2015
Caves with Zubat/Golbat definitely!! every 5 steps it appears!!

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
Years
I got lost in every cave but I didn't mind that.

I just minded when I'd bump into that damn Moltres in Victory Road all the time.
EVERY TIME I SAW HIM I COULD SWEAR HE WAS TAUNTING ME FOR MY FAILURE.

"Wha-? Moltres? Didn't I just see you?"

"Phww, go back to ZUBATville or GEODUDEland, N00B! HAHAHAA!"

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
The Pokemon with the move that can damage you over time without giving you a chance to attack, such as Wrap, Bind, and Fire Spin.

Example: Enemy Ekans used Wrap!
Enemy Ekans's attack continues!
Enemy Ekans's attack continues!
and so on....

Seriously! Who ever uses those moves in Gen 1 are dirty fighters.

Hyperlust

Sassy McSasserson
Years
Caves. Every goddamn cave or tunnel or what have you. Getting lost combined with a stupid zubat popping up every time, it was a nightmare.

nemesish

Azure Trainer
Years
-Having to train my pokes 15(minimum) levels since the Erika battle, to fight Koga (Yellow) -CAVES! (R/B/Y) -Those darn Tentacools/Zubats (R/B/Y)

Years
The caves were extremely annoying to me. I still get lost in Gen IV caves, and this was Gen I, where the horribad graphics sort of overruled the HM Flash. Other than that, Koga was way overpowered for the Gym Leader and it required excess grinding, to gain a victory against him.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
Well... tbh when I was four and playing these games, I kinda couldn't figure out that the carpets were how to leave your house. >:< So I guess that was annoying for the first week or so when I kept playing with things inside my house and I couldn't leave. :(

Also really annoying like other people said were Surfing (TENTACOOLS, TENTACOOLS EVERYWHERE) and Surge's Gym and Sabrina's Gym. I actually never ended up fighting Koga at the right time - I think I always ended up beating Sabrina first, so he was ridiculously easy. Either that or I was overtrained or something, idk lol.

Osha_say_wott?!

osha osha
Years
The caves. Every time I took a step, BAM, there was a Zubat. And they kept coming and coming, I couldn't escape, they just kept coming. ToT
And the truck along the SS Anne. It annoyed me not knowing why it was there or what was it hiding. =/

Pwnyta Jockey

Bees Hate You, Pwnyta!
Years
Getting thru rock Tunnel WITH NO FLASH. Seriously bad move and filler for moveset. For only the few caves to use it, Flash was deemed useless and too out of the way to be worth my time.

Volume turned to ON, battleanimation ON, and Arbok used SCREECH.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2011
the fact that SS ANNE leaves right after you beat gary

i wasnt done exploring WTF!!! how was i supposed to know where gary ambushes me

Years
  • Seen May 27, 2011
Getting that fat Snorlax outta the way -.- I hate that part. As well as getting the people to let you through the gates and you had to get them tea or whatever.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
The most annoying things for me were trying to figure out Silph Co and the Zubat popping up every other step in a cave. So ANNOYING!!!

Brewds567

I'm dancing, I'm dancing!
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2014
The hardest parts for me as a kid was

Cinabar Manshion: never used repels as a kid. Actually never bought ANYTHING. Getting that sercret key was a pain in the arse.
Catching Ditto: Yes you read that correctly this little bugger wasted 24 of ULTRA BALLS AND MY 1 MASTER BALL!!! (I threw the master ball by accident when i was just pressing a to row ultra balls)
Rock Tunnel: I remember getting trough it for the first time after 2 hrs. Didn't use Flash. When I got out my Gameboy ran out of battery. Hadn't saved since from the begining of Rock Tunnel.
Victory Road: When I was a little kid I didn't know how to solve the first puzzle in victory road so I never made it to the Elite four. Even to this day...

StevieJee

Pokémon Agate
Years
  • Seen Jun 4, 2011
Rock tunnel. Rock tunnel. Rock tunnel. I hated that place, what with Flash taking up a space in my Pokémons move set and then the stupid Zubats.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
The saffron guards. They are so thirsty that they won't let me go to Saffron City!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back