• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Seen May 5, 2018
You can get him open in Advance map 1.95 and in area wher you are ad in grass pokemon what you want and then play on moded rom or after get pokemon you want coby back orginal rom and play :D

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
I know that must sound kinda Strange, but i evolved every Pokemon (Charmander, Bulbausaur etc.) and had all the Events. The Events started normal like it should but instead of a (for example) Charmander, a Charizard came out of the PokeBall and did the Event.

This could be a positive Bug or its normal that you can let your Pokemon evolve without missing Events.

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
Hey, I'm having the exact same problem as "lostman12".

When I try to leave the pokemon park at Tangelo Island, the game feezes when I get behind the old lady.

Anyone have an idea why?

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2013
For anyone having that same problem, go to page 183 of this thread, download version 4.0, and apply it to the rom.

Years
  • Seen Jul 12, 2017
Waiting for Charizard Chills event lol!
Anyway,thanks for the game Metapod. Best hack ever!!!
I just hope one day you can add the Johto region in the game Metapod. :D
P.S:Thank you so much!!!:D

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks Ash493.

Unfortunately my Charmander evolved to Charmeleon and that's why I can't get the Exp. Share from Pokefan Chairman. Also I tried to use cheat codes for a Charmander but the game stopped. Is it possible to catch another Charmander?

And what about Squirtle? Do I need it for the events or can I turn into Wartortle & Blastoise?

One more question, can I use my save file for the final version of this game or do I have to start again the game?
As I said, you should have the same Pokemon as Ash to enjoy the events.
I believe Exp.Share is somewhere else... maybe...? xD

I know that must sound kinda Strange, but i evolved every Pokemon (Charmander, Bulbausaur etc.) and had all the Events. The Events started normal like it should but instead of a (for example) Charmander, a Charizard came out of the PokeBall and did the Event.

This could be a positive Bug or its normal that you can let your Pokemon evolve without missing Events.
That's weird... maybe Metapod did that deliberately xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 5, 2013
do i have to start the game all over again when the new beta comes out???
i've raised my pokemons so hard :(

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Hey guys do i HAVE TO evolve my charmander after the Magician fight or can i keep him as charmander for a while? i wanna put off evolving him as much as possible but i also dont want to miss any events

I ALSO cant talk to snorlax, and whenever i talk to the trees above it says you cant swim here currents too strong, what should i do? is this a glitch?

ive got beta 4.0 btw, and if i were to update to i just patch the the file onto the same Fire red file im currently using or should i download a diff one and patch and open save state?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2013
im getting an error msg saying i dont have the 1M sub-circut board installed. what do i do?

EDIT: LOL turns out my sound card cant handle the 44Khz sound in visual boy advanced emulator :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 17, 2020
hi i just want to ask why pokemart's items are named as "????" in viridian city? Im just starting playing this game and im using the latest beta version of metapod from its official thread. Thank you.

Years
Hey guys do i HAVE TO evolve my charmander after the Magician fight or can i keep him as charmander for a while? i wanna put off evolving him as much as possible but i also dont want to miss any events

I ALSO cant talk to snorlax, and whenever i talk to the trees above it says you cant swim here currents too strong, what should i do? is this a glitch?

ive got beta 4.0 btw, and if i were to update to i just patch the the file onto the same Fire red file im currently using or should i download a diff one and patch and open save state?
Yes at the same time I evolved my Charmander to do the event. As for Snorlax, well you have to talk to an old man and he will give you a flute to awake Snorlax.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2013
Yes at the same time I evolved my Charmander to do the event. As for Snorlax, well you have to talk to an old man and he will give you a flute to awake Snorlax.

No its not working, u have to click on snorlax then he gives u a flute when u talk to him second time around. ..idk what's wrong :/

Years
hi Metapod23 i want you to continue the hack its great can you upload a video on youtube how to hack firered for pokemon ash gray please reply

I Think Metapod23 You Should Continue This Hack Till Unova Region Following Ash's Events and this will be a great hack and complete its as fast as you can

Thanks Homeless87 I had the same problem

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
I just wanted to know, what is the latest event right now? Because I just battled misty with the wild golduck and don't know what to do next.

@lalalola2011. Try downloading the beta 4.2 and changing the name of the save state to match the name of the ash gray 4.2 rom

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
This is a great hack. Everytime a new 'event' starts I remember the episode and have one of those nostalgia moments lol. Is the mystery garden in the game (the garden where bulbasaurs go to evolve). I havent finished the game yet but I thought that came quite early and I was wondering if I missed it.

How far is Meta planning on going with this hack (like series wise)? I would love him to go to the end of Ash but that would probably cost to much time. Anyway thanks for making this and I'll be waiting for the next installment :)

Back