• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Blayze

Team Magma Co-Leader
Years
QUOTE Yami_Zidane
Blaze: Well first off, as you mentioned you got a Gyarados from the Lake (I'm assuming you mean Lake of Rage) I'd like to point out to you that we don't count shinys from the Metal generation. So, if you could re-do your list removing any shinys gotten from G/S/C then I'll happily welcome you to the club

Yeah the one Gyarados did come from the Lake of Rage.
Just curious. Why don't you count the ones from the Metal Generation?

Here's my revised list:

Beedrill (Caught as a Kakuna)
Parasect (Caught as a Paras)
Gyarados
Ditto
Girafarig
Altaria (Caught as a Swablu)

I hatched the Magikarp (the Gyarados) on Sapphire. Does she still count? *Crosses fingers* :)

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
We don't count shinys from the metal gen because they were insanely easy to get. If you bred with a shiny I believe there was a 1/64 chance that the baby would be shiny.

And yes, the second Gyarados counts, welcome to the club.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Heh Sorry for not posting for a while, been busy, I should've posted this yesterday but I forgot lol. Congrats to Fufu on the lickitung and caterpie and to everyone else who got a new shiny!

ANyways on Saturday I was chaining in Rt. 227. My chains kept getting broken around 18 by torkoal and camerupts. Then I got a good chain going and hit 20, so I started resetting and occasionally bringing the chain higher. Then at chain 26, after a couple hours of resetting the patch, I finally saw the shiny patch at an edge. I took the chance and went in (who wouldn't?).
DVC00236-1.jpg

Shiny Rhydon appeared!!
I took the pic after switching in my gengar and using hypnosis (almost forgot to take pic since I was too excited XD). So after weakening it with Bibarel, I threw Repeat Balls, and after the 3rd one it was caught! Caught shiny #38. Nicknamed it "Rampage"
My chain kept going despite the edge shiny patch, but after several more resets, my chain broke at 29 by a torkoal in a patch that followed all the rules x__x Oh well more pics:
Already caught, no shiny dex
YES ADAMANT! Sync worked for once!
Slap in the Face!! Lightning Rod ARGH!!
According to Serebii's IV calculator It got these IVs:
HP 14
Att 30
Def 8
SpA 16
SpD 9
Spd 2

Woot lol nearly perfect Att IVs! too bad it got the absolutely useless Lighning Rod :( Argh I really wanted Solid Rock for Rhyperior (again who wouldn't) Sigh, meh I'll EV train it soon and evolve it once I get a protector, then I'll probably start Sring for regigigas on Diamond and Cranidos on Pearl. Since then I've done Srs for mewtwo on LG but no luck, Good luck to everyone on their hunts!

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Welcome to the club, Blayze!

Dark Steelix Lv X: Congratulations on the Rhydon!!

I'm currently reseting the PokeRadar for Buneary!! I'm at 22!! Doing exactly what Dark Steelix Lv X is doing!! See ya!!

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
Jake: Hmm, for such a large list I would like an explanation for each Pokémon. Though it is somewhat believable, I'd still like confirmation.

Well, exactly what do you want me to explain? There's not much to say , except I evolved some.

hawkraven

Dialga Used Shiny Roar Of Time
Years
do you still notice this title?

Congratz to Dark Steelix Lv X for that nice Rhydon, its IV is great... I believe that the only downside is its ability :\

I'm still trying with failed attempts to catch a shiny (:t280:) with the PokeRadar above Jubilife City(probably cuz its blue =P), the chain(s) broke due to some annoying Starlys and such. Highest I got to was 14 lol

After doing some research, I found that the OPTIMAL(not compulsory) chains to reset for shinies is around 40-60... Wonder if we could go any higher than that without breaking XDD

rapid whalelord

<--She's a ribbon queen...38!
Years
trying for shiny scyther and snorlax by eggs nothing else.and ive also chosen to evole my 2 shiny eevee into either leafeon espeon and or umbreon people help me chose.oh and i just read your post dark steelix ive got a shiny rhydon which evoled into rhyperior i send some pictures up soon enough but i traded it from my emerald so no even a chance of solid rock lol.

Last edited:

ZaChAttAck101

Rukario's Biggest Fan!
Years
hey everyone...congrats on your new shinies...soo yesterday i tried to chain elecktrike because that was my swarm for the day and i had pikachu at the front of my team hoping that i can attract more of them...i got to a chain of 14 nd got screwed over by a pachirisu....den i tried again and got to 11 but this time it was a shellos... =[[[ i suck at chaining pokemon....maybe later on today i will see who my swarm pokemon is and try and chain them in hopes of being successful....wish me luck PLZZZZ =(

hawkraven

Dialga Used Shiny Roar Of Time
Years
hey everyone...congrats on your new shinies...soo yesterday i tried to chain elecktrike because that was my swarm for the day and i had pikachu at the front of my team hoping that i can attract more of them...i got to a chain of 14 nd got screwed over by a pachirisu....den i tried again and got to 11 but this time it was a shellos... =[[[ i suck at chaining pokemon....maybe later on today i will see who my swarm pokemon is and try and chain them in hopes of being successful....wish me luck PLZZZZ =(

Lol broke at 14... same as me XDD
Anyway, Good luck with ur shiny hunting!!!

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Congratz to Dark Steelix Lv X for that nice Rhydon, its IV is great... I believe that the only downside is its ability :\

I'm still trying with failed attempts to catch a shiny (:t280:) with the PokeRadar above Jubilife City(probably cuz its blue =P), the chain(s) broke due to some annoying Starlys and such. Highest I got to was 14 lol

After doing some research, I found that the OPTIMAL(not compulsory) chains to reset for shinies is around 40-60... Wonder if we could go any higher than that without breaking XDD

I know what you mean! When I chained for Ralts, all my chains kept being broken (and still are to this day) by Bidoof!! I alreaady have 2 Shiny Ralts & and I want a Gallade now. So the eternal battle with Bidoof continues!!

BTW, my Buneary chain was broken by Budew -.-' but I can't stay angry at an adorable face of a Budew!! Here's hoping today I get Buneary (F) & Ralts (M)!! Good luck to all as well!!

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 20, 2009
hey guys im bak from my trip from Florida

i caught a shiny Spoink on My Emerald and Traded it to Diamond so yay me!

it evolved to a Grumpig too

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2007
i have caught 10 shinies with the pokeradar

my first shiny was shinx and i got 2 of them in the same chain-one on 40 and another on 41-and since then i found out that you can get at least 2 shinies on each chain.Oh yea and i would also like to point out that I nickname all the shinies i catch myself so it proves i caught them myself. ok these are the shinies i have caught shinx x2, voltorb x2, tauros x2, zubat, electrike,abra,and finally pidgey. I got the voltorbs in the same chain- on 40 and 41.As well with tauros. I got zubat on a chain of 1 believe it or not- so to go with its rare catch i nicknamed it lucky1. The abra i caught on a chain of 19. The electrike i got on a chain of 14. And the pidgey i got on a chain of 34. The nicknames for my shinies are the following-first shinx is named shinyray. the second is named NightFlash. The voltorbs are named bluey and bluemoon. the tauroses are named mean-green since shiny tauros is green and the second tauros is named shinyorous. The zubat i already mentioned. The electrike i nicknamed shinectric for when it evolved. Abra i nicknamed starshine. And the pidgey i first nicknamed sunshine but later changed to Ariel. If you do not believe that i caught these here is my fc 2062 6085 8600. The shinies im trying to get next are ralts- cause i love the color blue and the other one is aron because it just looks sweet:)

Years
Congrats on all of the new shinies, and welcome new members :D I got some cool news:

This morning on the bus to school, i was sitting with my friends and i took out my DS. I went to Sandgem Town, and checked to see what the swarm was. It was(and still is :P) Phanpy, so i decided i would at least start the chain and just close my ds until school is over. So i went there, used a Max Repel, and saved. I used the pokeradar, went into the grass hoping to find a Phanpy, but instead i notice its a Geodude. I was just about to reset, when i noticed it was a different color. I was sure i was just seeing things, because it wasn't even in a shiny patch. But then i saw the stars, and my friends sat there with their mouths open. I started shaking, and my hands got all sweaty, lol. I used my masterball because i didn't know if it knew Selfdestruct already. Here's the stats:

Geodude Female, caught in a masterball
Relaxed nature, level 6

Attack 15
Defense 19
Sp. Atk 9
Sp.Def 9
Speed 8

I am going to take a break from the pokeradar, so i can get some other shinies, from sring or fishing. Right now, i am going for Crandios. (im at 1,000 resets) Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Too lazy to reply to everyone but...
Congrats on all of the new shinies and the new members too. =) I'm not doing too much... Not motivated to hunt really... I got two hours of sleep yesterday ahh last time I'll procrastinate hopefully. :x Good luck to everyone on hunting today. If I had a fossil, I'd try to race a bit for Cranidos too... Red pwns. :3

Back