• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Apexin Version

Which is a better game name? (Most votes will change the game name.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Angel~

Lead developer for Pokémon Millennium
Years
Pokémon Apexin Version

The plot: The reason I first started the game was to impress people. But it turned out I wanted to do a bit more. Give pokemon fans a newer game than what nintendo ever made. Turns out a bunch of people like the idea of having a event pokemon, several event pokemon able to be obtained in a real game. It's something people have complained about for a long while. There are also many who complain about not being able to obtain all 493 (Thinking on all 649 unsure if it's going in game) But either way I wanted to give a bit more experience than what is able to be obtained in real non-fangame pokemon games.

The Story:
Long ago, in the Hoenn region a pokemon lived on a separate island from humanity. That pokemon was said to have came from a meteor, it was said to have lived on a island shaped as a Triangle that is said to symbolize a trio of pokemon. That trio lives on today, 15 years after the accident with Groudon and Kyogre. Deoxys has migrated out of the Hoenn region to move to the Hoexia region. After 4 more year's of sleep Deoxys has finally awoken from it's slumber, but to only become the worlds worst nightmare. Cyrus, a being who once tried to destroy the Shinnoh region has returned. To only remove anyone in his path of destruction. Travel and learn the secrets that have been held for centuries! Family members will be lost forever, Time will stop! Destruction will rain upon humans of society. Judgement day will come! Space, Time and Reverse will awake. Your life will no longer be the same. Watch as destruction comes again. Meet many old characters! Such as, Steven Stone, Giovanni, Blue, Red and Many Many more! While journeying through Hoexia, Various pokemon will show up and assist you in battle! Watch as the legendary Arceus is taken out in combat! Stand and watch as Uxie appears before you and your sisters eyes. The barriers between reality and (Whatever that other thing is) shatters. To be exact, you will just experience more than what you would expect from normal games. (Not fan-games)

Meet the Characters:

Character: Gold & Rebekah​

i_think__i__am__about__to__faint__by_lilligantthegreen-d5ib4rh.png

Age's: 14
Bio: Gold was a ordinary person with a ordinary life. Until one day in school his sister Rebekah told him to her at the entrance to the underground tunnels. Little did he know his life was about to change during that meeting.

Bio: Rebekah was a ordinary person with a ordinary life. Until one day in school her brother Gold told her to meet him at the entrance to the underground tunnels. Little did she know his life was about to change during that meeting.

Please make a note of Gold! He will be REPLACED once the male character is complete! Dawn will also be replaced once the female sprites are complete.​

updated_marowna_town_by_lilligantthegreen-d57e4rt.png

updated_tittle_screen__by_lilligantthegreen-d5sthef.png

4763115_orig.png

is_that_a_suicune___by_lilligantthegreen-d5ias0x.png

1958396_orig.png

7179910_orig.png

3466686_orig.png

1335845_orig.png

3480962_orig.png

8414929_orig.png

4024459_orig.png

8547750_orig.png

Map's:

Home Town (Marowana Town-Temp Name.)​
a_new_gift_of_coming__name__marowna_town_by_lilligantthegreen-d56xxck.png

Marowana Town Hole.​
another_part_of_marowna_town_by_lilligantthegreen-d56xxgm.png

Route 601​
route_601_by_lilligantthegreen-d56xxpa.png

Inoca Town​
inoca_town_by_daevolutions-d56qnxs.png

Features:

The Pokemarket!​

Spoiler:

Pokemon Follow the Character!​
Spoiler:

Progress:
Spoiler:

Credits:
Spoiler:

Help is Needed!

So far the project is only done by one person. There is almost 20 map's completed. Some maps need to be completed with event's and what not. Demo's won't be available until I complete it up to the 3rd gym which needs to be edited and changed.
Spoiler:

Support us! Here is the bar. And the code below.
new_supporter_bar__d_by_lilligantthegreen-d5idgxv.png

Last edited:

Giratina'sGuardian

Competitive Battler
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2014
Nice job! You could have a few more screen shot's though. Progress is looking good too.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Nice story, not too much is given away, but the general gist of it is revealed, I like that.
I'm hoping the characters sprites are placeholders deeming to be changed.
Spoiler:

This bit, has an awful resemblence to: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m43dpe0yZl1r0zbvj_frame2.jpg
In B/W2 (I'd post a screenshot but I can't find one, and have no time to make one myself.)

All in All, the story is somehwat good, but chracter and mapwise you need some more work.

~Angel~

Years
Nice story, not too much is given away, but the general gist of it is revealed, I like that.
I'm hoping the characters sprites are placeholders deeming to be changed.
Spoiler:

This bit, has an awful resemblence to: http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m43dpe0yZl1r0zbvj_frame2.jpg
In B/W2 (I'd post a screenshot but I can't find one, and have no time to make one myself.)

All in All, the story is somehwat good, but chracter and mapwise you need some more work.

Yeah. I know it look's similer but it's way different in event's xD I am working on maping a bit more. Scripting is the main thing I want to worry about. But the story matter's as well. So I am just trying to get both out of the way. But I can't get anyone other than Venom12 and Zingzag's to help. Each only gave me like one script but they were major so. I am also trying to think of character's to replace them XD I need spriter and a person to do the graphics too. I am not good at either so just about the only thing I can do is mapping and inserting script's if I am told where to place them XD

Last edited:

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
To me the Pokémon overworld, in this case Charmander, doesn't fit with the BW overworld, looks somewhat out of place... Maps are a little blocky, square... I would strongly recommend, you try to use less custom scripts, if you can't do them yourself, yes people will give you help with random ones, but making menus and things like this, they most probably won't do for you... I'm pretty sure you can do alot more than map and put codes where you are told ;) you just have to work at it, you can only get better.

~Angel~

Years
To me the Pokémon overworld, in this case Charmander, doesn't fit with the BW overworld, looks somewhat out of place... Maps are a little blocky, square... I would strongly recommend, you try to use less custom scripts, if you can't do them yourself, yes people will give you help with random ones, but making menus and things like this, they most probably won't do for you... I'm pretty sure you can do alot more than map and put codes where you are told ;) you just have to work at it, you can only get better.

I am thinking about switching to HG/SS style instead :D Thanks for commenting with recomendations. I do have a person making a Battle style for me. And I don't have a scripter with is the sad part :/ Cause I have an idea for what I want the game to be like. The bottom screen will display either the Bag screen/Pokedex/Party/P-Gear screen/Trainer card. Which can be switched back and forth through the P-Gear which is going to be the defealt screen :D

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Sounds interesting, but is this already implemented or do you need someone to make it?

I prefer HG/SS over all styles, so I would say do this, everything blends better in my opinion and overworlds are slightly harder to make then the older gens, due to more detail, but you can deffinitly learn quicker than doing BW overworlds.

Another question though, you seem to be very slow at doing the maps in stating you only have a few, on your website, unless you haven't been updating that! But a few maps that already need re-doing is going to be very long and slow in progression rate, but if you're still learning, good luck.

By battle style, do you mean how it's set out? How it works? Or just the overlay of graphics and what have you?

~Angel~

Years
Sounds interesting, but is this already implemented or do you need someone to make it?

I prefer HG/SS over all styles, so I would say do this, everything blends better in my opinion and overworlds are slightly harder to make then the older gens, due to more detail, but you can deffinitly learn quicker than doing BW overworlds.

Another question though, you seem to be very slow at doing the maps in stating you only have a few, on your website, unless you haven't been updating that! But a few maps that already need re-doing is going to be very long and slow in progression rate, but if you're still learning, good luck.

By battle style, do you mean how it's set out? How it works? Or just the overlay of graphics and what have you?

Mainly graphic's he is a graphic's guy so. And the Website has been updated :/ Sadly they do have to be re-done showing that I am working on this when ever I get time. My parent's hold me back from working on it late at night when I am mainly on. And I just switched over from B/W to HG/SS and am redoing map's right now. I am going to redo the character's after that. Event's will stay the same until all of that is done.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
Events don't matter so much in comparison to the graphics, any event goes with any graphic... Unless you tell a bird to fly but the graphic is a signpost... Okay, well yeah, keep updating as much as you can, when you can, always listen to your parents ;)

I say this to a lot of people, update more, but I don't really update my thread haha! I'm in the midst of having my game released though, so understandable in my case...

On another note, I would've used HG/SS from the start, when I first started my game, FR/LG was just coming out, as soon as I saw the HG/SS tiles, I knew I had to change over (I had to re-create and redo 750 maps haha), as soon as I got better at graphics design myself, I switched... Maybe you should practise a little, there is someone on here somewhere that has made a couple sprites for his game and he only started spriting a couple weeks ago, and they are pretty good, so practice makes perfect.

~Angel~

Years
Events don't matter so much in comparison to the graphics, any event goes with any graphic... Unless you tell a bird to fly but the graphic is a signpost... Okay, well yeah, keep updating as much as you can, when you can, always listen to your parents ;)

I say this to a lot of people, update more, but I don't really update my thread haha! I'm in the midst of having my game released though, so understandable in my case...

On another note, I would've used HG/SS from the start, when I first started my game, FR/LG was just coming out, as soon as I saw the HG/SS tiles, I knew I had to change over (I had to re-create and redo 750 maps haha), as soon as I got better at graphics design myself, I switched... Maybe you should practise a little, there is someone on here somewhere that has made a couple sprites for his game and he only started spriting a couple weeks ago, and they are pretty good, so practice makes perfect.

I might have someone to draw up the character's and once those are done I am going to sprite them. She has not replied yet so I am unsure but I have sprited before only by mixing sprites.

oldsnake90

Creator Pokemon Glacial Freeze
Years
Good game. The tiles are good. but i don't know if its good to reveal your maps yet. that's kinda like looking though the players guide. but overall its nice :) and im looking forward to your game.

~Angel~

Years
Good game. The tiles are good. but i don't know if its good to reveal your maps yet. that's kinda like looking though the players guide. but overall its nice :) and im looking forward to your game.

Oh Thank you :D Yeah But I like what I am doing here. I think it's ok to show the maps.

~Angel~

Years
Update: Not a very big update but. All 649 pokemon will be available in the game! And each on will be able to follow the character. New form's will not be included.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2016
Character stories are ok, but your mapping needs a lot of work.

I agree. I watched this for a while. The character sprites are fine, the story is good, and although I love the following pokemon, they don't go well with the BW2 or BW style sprites. the maps need quite a bit of work. I am by no means an amazing mapper, but these are very plain, and not very exciting. Everything else looks good though, good luck with the game.

~Angel~

Years
I agree. I watched this for a while. The character sprites are fine, the story is good, and although I love the following pokemon, they don't go well with the BW2 or BW style sprites. the maps need quite a bit of work. I am by no means an amazing mapper, but these are very plain, and not very exciting. Everything else looks good though, good luck with the game.

I am fixing those right now. Essentials 8 won't load and keeps giving error's so I am probably going to stick with my old copy of 7.

Rayquaza.

Lead Dev in Pokémon Order and Chaos
Years
If you need me to gather any resources then I can help. I can also sprite fairly well.

I would recommend that you don't mix BW and HGSS tiles though.

~Angel~

Years
If you need me to gather any resources then I can help. I can also sprite fairly well.

I would recommend that you don't mix BW and HGSS tiles though.

That would be great. I just posted on your wall. My internet is not good today so I don't know how long it will be up but. I do need some blank sprite sheet's or male and female characters. Like...no color just the body. For all positions bike, Surf, walk run..So on so forth.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 7, 2017
This looks like it'll be a great game. I like the story, and the characters. Oh by the way, the first time you mentioned the third character, you wrote "???", but the second time you wrote his name, Mason (In his bio).

And I have got to agree with the others about your maps. Here are some tips on how to make them better:
- Make them smaller. A smaller map means you'll have less "empty" space (Empty as in just plain grass without any details on it),
- Add details like flowers, stones, tall grass (Not every tall grass has to have Pokemon in it), ledges, trees (Other than "border" trees),
- Don't make the maps square-like. Like the map "Route 601", all rows of trees that make the border are the same length, change the length of a few of them, and you'll see how much of a change that actually is.
- There's a sign on the road on Route 601. However, sings look better when they're right next to the road, instead on the road itself.

Good luck with your progress, and your mapping. If you make some changes, post more screenshots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back