The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Sideshow Showcase

Notices

Sideshow Showcase The place to show side-projects that you're working on, for the small yet still big things you want to do, such as translation patches, "386" patches, and anything small like that.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 26th, 2012, 06:11 AM
denash1

Nature: Relaxed
New version released with minor bug fix and nice enhancement!

And I am back by the way
Old May 27th, 2012, 04:52 AM
Saltsas

nice hack!hope to see it complete sometime :D
Old May 27th, 2012, 10:40 AM
Calvin21

I like the idea, but the pokemon placement is horrible. Treeko in a cave and Swinub and Electabuzz is found in the grass Rustboro City.
Old May 27th, 2012, 01:09 PM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin21 View Post
I like the idea, but the pokemon placement is horrible. Treeko in a cave and Swinub and Electabuzz is found in the grass Rustboro City.
I have tried to use the pokemon placement of other pokemon games, but pokemon placements which a few people think does not make sense, i might change it if more people give feedback about the placements...

To be honest i think if i would do what u asked me to do, i might end up making my hack just a copy of Expert emerald.. dont want that to happen... i will leave them as they r.. but might make minor adjustments in some future release... for now it has a very low priority..

Edit on 27.5.2012 at 22.48: i only just realised how difficult the game is if you choose pichu as a starter... might to change the three starter pokemon in the next version..

Last edited by denash1; May 27th, 2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: info
Old May 27th, 2012, 07:06 PM
manutdrule
Not your cup of tea.

Nature: Calm
you shld use this as reference to decide which pokemon is best suited to which types of routes:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Habitat

legends shld ideally not be found in the wild but in scripted events

Old May 27th, 2012, 10:25 PM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by manutdrule View Post
you shld use this as reference to decide which pokemon is best suited to which types of routes:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Habitat

legends shld ideally not be found in the wild but in scripted events
Thank you for the link, i will change it some time in future.. and legendary.. i like the fact you can catch as many as you like, because most people dont do it/allow it... but i might change it, i am undecided at the moment

Edit: Just because i am curious i am asking....: Why do people hate it if the legendary pokemon can be caught in the grass?? instead of events??? Do u think it makes the game too easy? or is it that nintendo said there is only one of them, so nobody should try to put them in the wild, becuse otherwise they are not legendary anymore but normal pokemon??

Last edited by denash1; May 28th, 2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old May 31st, 2012, 11:14 AM
Perrie ✿
11/05/1982 - 13/07/2013
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by denash1 View Post
Thank you for the link, i will change it some time in future.. and legendary.. i like the fact you can catch as many as you like, because most people dont do it/allow it... but i might change it, i am undecided at the moment

Edit: Just because i am curious i am asking....: Why do people hate it if the legendary pokemon can be caught in the grass?? instead of events??? Do u think it makes the game too easy? or is it that nintendo said there is only one of them, so nobody should try to put them in the wild, becuse otherwise they are not legendary anymore but normal pokemon??
It's not that it's too easy. idk how to explain it. But I've always found if legends are found pretty easily, the hack comes across as kinda, well noob-ish. \: I mean, for instance, you can still have the proper Pokemon that would be found in Fiery Path ala Fire types, Poison, some fighting. And then have a legendary appearance as like 1% But only have it as legends who aren't available in Emerald.
Old May 31st, 2012, 12:02 PM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonomega View Post

It's not that it's too easy. idk how to explain it. But I've always found if legends are found pretty easily, the hack comes across as kinda, well noob-ish. \: I mean, for instance, you can still have the proper Pokemon that would be found in Fiery Path ala Fire types, Poison, some fighting. And then have a legendary appearance as like 1% But only have it as legends who aren't available in Emerald.
Thats a fair enough, and the 1% for legendary pokemon i like that... i will change the places where pokemon appear and make sure legendary only have a 1% change of appearing..

There will be an update in near future.

Edit: Sorry for no news, but I am in and out of hospital at the moment.... Will continue on the heck dont worry!
Edit(2): I have completed the update of pokemon placement and they are placed a lot better now. I will also implement a trainer with my favourite pokemon to fight against, And then will release a new version.

Last edited by denash1; July 9th, 2012 at 05:00 AM.
Old July 15th, 2012, 03:42 AM
denash1

NEW Version is up.. SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT!

Edit: 17/7/2012 at 2.40: NEW bug fix release!

Last edited by denash1; July 16th, 2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old October 14th, 2012, 11:14 AM
nineteenct

After playing a while on this hack, I've finally beaten the Elite Four. This game as a whole was VERY frustrating; most of the time Pokemon choices wouldn't make sense (Flannery having a Sceptile WTF) and movesets were unpredictable. I'm glad I beat the game though. My team:

Stantler LV85 Item: None
Light Screen, Thief, Double-Edge, Thunderbolt

Weezing LV85 Item: Leftovers
Will-o-Wisp, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, Explosion

Slowking LV86 Item: Leftovers
Yawn, Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam

Umbreon L86 Item: Leftovers
Substitute, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Dig

Sceptile LV85 Item: Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Crunch, Dragonbreath, Petal Dance

Aerodactyl LV85 Item: Hard Stone
Fly, Rock Slide, Hyper Beam, Earthquake
Old October 14th, 2012, 01:31 PM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nineteenct View Post
After playing a while on this hack, I've finally beaten the Elite Four. This game as a whole was VERY frustrating; most of the time Pokemon choices wouldn't make sense (Flannery having a Sceptile WTF) and movesets were unpredictable. I'm glad I beat the game though. My team:

Stantler LV85 Item: None
Light Screen, Thief, Double-Edge, Thunderbolt

Weezing LV85 Item: Leftovers
Will-o-Wisp, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, Explosion

Slowking LV86 Item: Leftovers
Yawn, Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam

Umbreon L86 Item: Leftovers
Substitute, Toxic, Shadow Ball, Dig

Sceptile LV85 Item: Miracle Seed
Leech Seed, Crunch, Dragonbreath, Petal Dance

Aerodactyl LV85 Item: Hard Stone
Fly, Rock Slide, Hyper Beam, Earthquake
U dont know how happy i am that u attempted to play through the game... at the battle fronttier (after u get of the ship in that part) there are i think 2 trainers... have u tried beating them yet? they are insaine! (one of them got pokemon i like.. he got my username..)

The reason the fire gym got a grass type pokemon is to make sure it stays hard, because if for example you would have a water type normally you would run through the trainer.. thats why he got a plant pokemon etc...

The movesets i will look at it again.. sry if u though the move sets were aweful!
Old October 15th, 2012, 10:48 AM
nineteenct

Quote:
Originally Posted by denash1 View Post
U dont know how happy i am that u attempted to play through the game... at the battle fronttier (after u get of the ship in that part) there are i think 2 trainers... have u tried beating them yet? they are insaine! (one of them got pokemon i like.. he got my username..)

The reason the fire gym got a grass type pokemon is to make sure it stays hard, because if for example you would have a water type normally you would run through the trainer.. thats why he got a plant pokemon etc...

The movesets i will look at it again.. sry if u though the move sets were aweful!
Yea I beat the 2 trainers at the frontier. I don't wanna spoil anything... but they both serve as good bosses.

I quickly picked up while playing the game that you made sure to put a pokemon in a gym leader's team to counter whatever pokemon the gym's theme is weak to. Made the game harder for sure, but still doesn't make sense lol. I'm not saying redo them; some people may really enjoy that. But personally... there's no reason Flannery would raise a Grass Pokemon. There's no reason Brawly would have a Minun. Personally, I would rather you add something to the moveset to take care of potential counters. For example, you could have just given one of Flannery's fire-types Sunny Day + Solarbeam. You could have given one of Brawly's fighting-types Rock Tomb (or Rock Slide if you wanna make it that much harder) or given them some Dark move.
Old December 16th, 2012, 05:28 PM
denash1

hii guys,

I am back because i got a break from uni.. I found a bug i needed to fix and will upload a new version with the following fix:

Smeargle has his sketch move again! up to lvl 100! (i removed it by accident not knowing what the moves does, so in the current version it only learns sketch once... SRY!

EDIT: bug fixed and new version released!! ENJOY!!!!!!!

Last edited by denash1; December 19th, 2012 at 04:04 PM. Reason: NEW VERSION
Old December 22nd, 2012, 10:10 AM
nineteenct

The rematches with Gym Leaders are pretty interesting haha, i had to retry a few times
Old December 22nd, 2012, 11:11 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Who are the starter? Nice hack anyway

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old December 22nd, 2012, 12:21 PM
denash1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
Who are the starter? Nice hack anyway
The starters are: Geodude, pidget, machop

There are 17 types in the game if i exclude normal there are 16 types... I am thinking about making each gym cover 2 types....

Monotype is boring as you can go into the fights with the type the gym leader is weak against and win.. Even though in my version thats not that easy anyway :p

Its just a thought...

Team aqua and magma... I am also considering giving them another type to fight alongside their respective water and fire types, because groudon is a ground type but they have fire pokemon only .. so would make sense if team magma also have ground type isn it as well as fire ? and team aqua have ice type pokemon as well because water and ice go hand in hand in my opinion...

Edit on 28/12/2012 at 22.29: I have found a few pokemon trainers whose pokemon only knew struggle i will fix that and will also make sure you can not just walk past trainers and have to face any trainer in gyms from now on. I will also change every single gym pokemon type, because i feel the gym types used are to easy to beat... every single pokemon type used in gyms will change. A few other minor fixed will be done as well...

fixed things:

Found and fixed pokemon which only knew struggle
made sure you can not walk past any trainer in gyms any more

More to follow...
WIll release next version soon with mentioned fixes and more

Last edited by denash1; December 29th, 2012 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Information on up comming release
Old December 28th, 2013, 05:17 PM
denash1

Fixed gyms.. they were horrible, Bad gyms by a starter hacker, thought it made it harder, but it ruined the fun... Gyms are monotype again and did as suggested earlier, tried to put pokemon in who learnt moves which could possibly counter a weakness.

New version up.

EDIT on 01/01/2014 : 0.70 released!!!!

The gyms have been reworked, the elite 4 has been changed.
Based on your gender and the starter you choose, the rivals team will always be different.
Difficulty of game slightly decreased.
And other bugs were fixed.

Last edited by denash1; January 1st, 2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Mentioning new release
Old September 14th, 2014, 04:55 PM
TogekissMelo62

Why change almost all the ghost to ghost/dark that was a pointless change
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links