• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I really like this idea. I'm just questioning the design and how unappealing that could be, added to fan reception, because they certainly didn't like the ice cream. ;x

Yet the Cherry Pokemon goes completely unnoticed for a whole generation until people start complaining about the ice cream. Most likely its because the Ice Cream is a much better battler than the Cherry. Besides, what's Ice Cream without the Cherry on top? Right?

Darkrai was more like the Nightmare Pokemon rather than "grim reaper". I don't think we have a grim reaper Pokemon(unless Duskull/Dusclops count as one?), so that'd be really cool. n_n
Ya Dusknoir is pretty much the Grimreaper Pokemon. He personally shepards lost souls to the after life, like in the one anime episode where he sends some little girl's ghost onward.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
Has anyone thought of this idea yet: A Fire/Grass type Chili Pepper. Think about it, chilis are known to be spicy, which fit the nature of Fire types, and it's also a plant.

Woah I love this idea!
I did some research and it turns out a Fire/Grass type only has 2 weaknesses (poison and flying)! Now what would be a good name for it? Hmmm... Oooh, what about Burilli? A cross between burn and chilli! K, here are some stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hp: 80
Atk: 60
Def: 90
SpAtk: 135
SpDef: 90
Spd: 90

Base stat total: 530

Burilli also has a signature move called Chilli Burn. This is a status move that raises the user's speed to maximum but also burns the user, no matter what type it is or ability it has, although the burn can be stopped by a rawst berry. I got the idea from SuperMario Galaxy 2 - if Yoshi eats a chilli, then he goes red-hot and runs around at super fast speeds! And since this is a chilli itself, I just thought it would be super-fast. Burilli can also learn my favourite grass move - spore (100% accurate hypnosis). Since spore will put the enemy to sleep, Burilli has time to setup and use chilli burn to maximize speed, and then he can sweep!

Ability's, i'm not sure about. Maybe sheer force or blaze, I dunno.

Thanx for the awesome idea, Pinkie-Dawn, I hope you like what I wrote!

AmericanWonderland

Sassmaster
Years
Now that I'm back and more awake(hopefully!) I can make more coherent suggestions as to what GF would make! Yay! n_n;

I'm all for more type diversity, so I would first go for that! You already have Ghost/Fire, Ghost/Ice, now it's time for some Ghost/Grass Pokemon! Unsure of what it'd be like, but yeah, it wouldn't be too bad, I'd imagine. Yeah, it'd have more weaknesses than it should(in fact, the typing hurts it more than helps it) but for the sake of type diversity, it helps? n_n;

We acually discussed maybe a scarecrow (an actual straw one, not Cacturne) and that could be a Grass/Ghost. It's typing would hurt it, but there are plenty of other Pokemon whose typing hurts them more than it helps them. Plus, it would be really cool!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Woah I love this idea!
I did some research and it turns out a Fire/Grass type only has 2 weaknesses (poison and flying)! Now what would be a good name for it? Hmmm... Oooh, what about Burilli? A cross between burn and chilli! K, here are some stats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hp: 80
Atk: 60
Def: 90
SpAtk: 135
SpDef: 90
Spd: 90

Base stat total: 530

Burilli also has a signature move called Chilli Burn. This is a status move that raises the user's speed to maximum but also burns the user, no matter what type it is or ability it has, although the burn can be stopped by a rawst berry. I got the idea from SuperMario Galaxy 2 - if Yoshi eats a chilli, then he goes red-hot and runs around at super fast speeds! And since this is a chilli itself, I just thought it would be super-fast. Burilli can also learn my favourite grass move - spore (100% accurate hypnosis). Since spore will put the enemy to sleep, Burilli has time to setup and use chilli burn to maximize speed, and then he can sweep!

Ability's, i'm not sure about. Maybe sheer force or blaze, I dunno.

Thanx for the awesome idea, Pinkie-Dawn, I hope you like what I wrote!

It's actually three weaknesses, since Grass doesn't resist Rock types.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
Ya Dusknoir is pretty much the Grimreaper Pokemon. He personally shepards lost souls to the after life, like in the one anime episode where he sends some little girl's ghost onward.

well Dusknoir shepards souls to the after life. I was more like taking Pokemon and Human lives at will with a single touch, and only way to live is to eat the souls of the killed/hunted. And also with a big mofo scythe. Unless taking/literally killing for souls and sheparding is the same

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
I was reading through this, many people said Orca *cough* KYOGRE *cough* they usually don't repeat animal designs especially if after a legendary of that animal came out. I'm all in favor of an actual dolphin Pokemon, water/psychic is a good combo! I'm looking for more horse Pokemon...like maybe a Pegasus form of Rapidash... And how about a couple more dinosaurs? I know Groudon was supposed to be a "T .Rex" but in reality, it's not anything but a monster...thing. There is such a variety of Dinos, it would be awesome! Like raptors, or stegosaurus, or pterosaurs!

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
You have a lot of those as far as fossilized Pokemon are concerned, though! Aerodactyl for instance, as well as Kabutops, and Armaldo, etc etc. They may not be huge, known predators like what we knew in the past(except for Aerodactyl, he's a big meanie), but rest assured that GF has not forgotten to give the prehistoric times some love. XD They usually always do in one way or another.

But none of those are dinosaurs, the only dinosaur fossils we have had so far are Bastiodon (Diceratops) and Rampardos (Pachycephalosaurus) and you may count Tropius as an Apatosaurus. We have had an Archeoptryx (Arceops) and a Pterosaur (Aerodactyl, which is based on the commonly false representation of a Pterodactyl, which in reality, there is no such this as a Pterodactyl, but there is a Pteranodon) and Pterosaurs are not dinosaurs, but prehistoric flying reptiles. I'm talking true be true dinosaurs, like Tyrannosaurus, Stegosaurus, Velociraptor, Brachiosaurus, Parasaurolophus, and many, many other popularized dinosaurs. A Spinosaurid would be an awesome Pokemon! Heck, it looks like one itself (basically a giant, bipedal crocodile with a sail on its back!)

Last edited:

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
I was reading through this, many people said Orca *cough* KYOGRE *cough* they usually don't repeat animal designs especially if after a legendary of that animal came out. I'm all in favor of an actual dolphin Pokemon, water/psychic is a good combo! I'm looking for more horse Pokemon...like maybe a Pegasus form of Rapidash... And how about a couple more dinosaurs? I know Groudon was supposed to be a "T .Rex" but in reality, it's not anything but a monster...thing. There is such a variety of Dinos, it would be awesome! Like raptors, or stegosaurus, or pterosaurs!

I was thinking of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse...but excluding the Men and just leaving the horse. But even what the horses represents is kind of disturbing and violent...

Or a Centaur

PrimalDialgasaur

Primal Sauropod
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 2, 2014
We might see a few more sea creatures as well as land-dwellers over here, but I wouldn't get my hopes up for something like Rampardos, since GF would technically be like "well, whats the point of creating a T-Rex when that thing is close enough to it???"

But there is a major difference between, the major diff being size and eating habits (carnivore vs herbivore)

I was thinking of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse...but excluding the Men and just leaving the horse. But even what the horses represents is kind of disturbing and violent...

Or a Centaur

Those would be an awesome new set of legendaries! Maybe Death is Ghost Horse, Pestilence is Poison Horse, War is Fire Horse (has a difference from Rapidash), and Famine is.... Psychic Horse?

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
You're applying real world concepts to Pokemon though, something no one should ever really do, and I doubt even GF takes this much into consideration. After all, it's a Pokemon game, are kids really going to care what is a carnivore and what is a herbivore in the Pokemon World? Especially since(at least in the games), Pokemon don't really eat each other?

I dunno, some pokemon concepts do relate to the real world, and some pokedex entries do state that pokemon like Fearow and Spearow eat Caterpie. But, I agree that it really shouldn't matter much anyway.

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
I dunno, some pokemon concepts do relate to the real world, and some pokedex entries do state that pokemon like Fearow and Spearow eat Caterpie. But, I agree that it really shouldn't matter much anyway.

Teaching children real world knowledge is something that shouldn't matter? I find that highly offensive! If a child can learn about how the real world can function from a video game then in my opinion that video game is doing something right.

If you read alot of pokedex entries you find that pokemon do infact each one another, Kabutops' pokedex entry states: A slim and fast swimmer. It slices its prey with its sharp sickles and drinks the body fluids, now if we look at this would you rather a child learn such facts from real life learning? or from a child friendly game designed in my opinion to teach people the importance of treating the animals within the world with respect and dignity and that those animals have there own cycles of lives.

Another pokedex entry this time from Glalie: Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pokémon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion, if a child read this it would think it's a little weird but it would not see the immediate fear because I came from a game, where as if the child were to see a real life animal slowly eating something else it would not be as interested and would initially be frightened.

Going back to the main thread topic, it is really hard to speculate on the new pokemon that are going to be introduced in this new region as we already have a large number of pokemon which have filled near enough every category within the world as to what they can be only the people at Game Freak can be smart enough to keep a trend going where they can create new pokemon within necessarily making them look like older pokemon, although in some cases such as the generic bird pokemon it is hard to do that because it is extremely difficult to make a standard bird look different in 5 different generations. The only way I see Game Freak getting around problems with repetitive pokemon would be to either bring out new evolutions for pokemon that are only a 1 stage or 2 stage pokemon or to introduce new pokemon types completely which would help with new pokemon concepts.

We have already seen five of the new pokemon to be within the new generations and if we exclude the legendaries for now you are left with the three starter pokemon, these three pokemon do look incredibly like other pokemon from previous generations and I hope that Game Freak doesn't do this with too many pokemon otherwise you could see some trouble they might get from the older and passionate players of the game. Pokemon are to be unique from any other pokemon and even though people complain about pokemon such as Trubbish stating "IT'S JUST A PILE OF TRASH, WHAT A STUPID DESIGN" infact the pokemon Trubbish is a fantastic design, Someone tell me have you seen a pokemon based on trash before? the closest you can think of it the Grimer line which is actually chemical waste, so going from that point any new pokemon which can resemble real world things like Vanillite representing Ice Cream are actually very clever ideas and again bearing in mind that pokemon is a childs game does making new pokemon like Vanillite a necessary thing, all pokemon are based of alot of real world things, Ditto looks like Playdoh, Sandile is a Crocodile, Wingull is a seagull, Murkrow is a standard Crow. So before people judge a few pokemon by what they are in real life, maybe they should think about previous generations and how close they are to real world things.

Making new and exciting pokemon in generation 6 was always going to be a difficult task for Game Freak but you need to understand the amount of talent that company has to have already made over 600+ pokemon and still keep a franchise going strong! We will have to wait and see what the future will look for pokemon and how they're are going to get around the ever shortening list of things they can base pokemon of but I don't think you can be surprised when they give you pokemon which do resemble real world things.

This post may be a little long and I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read it, for example Shawn! but I thought getting my views across may enlighten a few people who are still unsure about what the future of pokemon will bring!

You're applying real world concepts to Pokemon though, something no one should ever really do, and I doubt even GF takes this much into consideration. After all, it's a Pokemon game, are kids really going to care what is a carnivore and what is a herbivore in the Pokemon World? Especially since(at least in the games), Pokemon don't really eat each other?

Twilight Sky I think you may have derped a little in that point you're trying to make, If we take all Real world concepts out of pokemon, Gravity will be gone, time will be gone and the whole world will never exist, essentially we will be playing a black screen.

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Teaching children real world knowledge is something that shouldn't matter? I find that highly offensive! If a child can learn about how the real world can function from a video game then in my opinion that video game is doing something right.

If you read alot of pokedex entries you find that pokemon do infact each one another, Kabutops' pokedex entry states: A slim and fast swimmer. It slices its prey with its sharp sickles and drinks the body fluids, now if we look at this would you rather a child learn such facts from real life learning? or from a child friendly game designed in my opinion to teach people the importance of treating the animals within the world with respect and dignity and that those animals have there own cycles of lives.

Another pokedex entry this time from Glalie: Glalie has the ability to freely control ice. For example, it can instantly freeze its foe solid. After immobilizing its foe in ice, this Pokémon enjoys eating it in leisurely fashion, if a child read this it would think it's a little weird but it would not see the immediate fear because I came from a game, where as if the child were to see a real life animal slowly eating something else it would not be as interested and would initially be frightened.

Excuse my poor English here. What I meant to say is, yes of course it's important for them to learn, but, it won't matter all that much for them on a video game, because, like said before, will children properly care for the real-world terminology in pokemon games anyway? Will children necessarily care, or rather -- understand, the biology that older kids understand? I'm just saying, not sure even little kids care about that stuff when playing a pokemon game. It's like how in Mario games, getting all of the stars/beating all of the levels gets more emphasis than beating Bowser, because Bowser's plot just doesn't have much bearing on the actual main points of the game.

We have already seen five of the new pokemon to be within the new generations and if we exclude the legendaries for now you are left with the three starter pokemon, these three pokemon do look incredibly like other pokemon from previous generations and I hope that Game Freak doesn't do this with too many pokemon otherwise you could see some trouble they might get from the older and passionate players of the game. Pokemon are to be unique from any other pokemon and even though people complain about pokemon such as Trubbish stating "IT'S JUST A PILE OF TRASH, WHAT A STUPID DESIGN" infact the pokemon Trubbish is a fantastic design, Someone tell me have you seen a pokemon based on trash before? the closest you can think of it the Grimer line which is actually chemical waste, so going from that point any new pokemon which can resemble real world things like Vanillite representing Ice Cream are actually very clever ideas and again bearing in mind that pokemon is a childs game does making new pokemon like Vanillite a necessary thing, all pokemon are based of alot of real world things, Ditto looks like Playdoh, Sandile is a Crocodile, Wingull is a seagull, Murkrow is a standard Crow. So before people judge a few pokemon by what they are in real life, maybe they should think about previous generations and how close they are to real world things.

Well yeah, there's nothing really specific on how people you'd define something as "creative". Like, how is a Grimer any less creative than trubbish? That argument has been going on for a while now. It'll be tough speculating about new pokemon, but hey, we have hopes, right?

The Undisputed Era

Shock the System.
Years
Excuse my poor English here. What I meant to say is, yes of course it's important for them to learn, but, it won't matter all that much for them on a video game, because, like said before, will children properly care for the real-world terminology in pokemon games anyway? Will children necessarily care, or rather -- understand, the biology that older kids understand? I'm just saying, not sure even little kids care about that stuff when playing a pokemon game. It's like how in Mario games, getting all of the stars/beating all of the levels gets more emphasis than beating Bowser, because Bowser's plot just doesn't have much bearing on the actual main points of the game.

Well yeah, there's nothing really specific on how people you'd define something as "creative". Like, how is a Grimer any less creative than trubbish? That argument has been going on for a while now. It'll be tough speculating about new pokemon, but hey, we have hopes, right?

Although you say that children will not be able to understand the biology of what older people may be able to understand you then take the emphasis away from trying to teach children things that will help them later on in there life, If they read a pokedex entry about a pokemon eating another, that child then may be in a position later on in education where they can draw from that information that they saw within the game and apply it with real world information. Children have brains like sponges it can absorb a huge amount of information and if that information can be learnt early enough from education if will stick with them forever and if getting that information comes from there favourite game as a child then obviously having real world implications within the game is something not only necessary but essential for children.

Going back to the pokemon speculation part, the points I used for pokemon that people dislike was only supposed to be a small points what I was really trying to get across was that people shouldn't be angry or surprised about what pokemon Game Freak are adding even if those pokemon are identical to that of something which exists in the world we live in, adding things in from the real world will help people relate more to the game and they will find it more enjoyable. I am never going to post about "OMFG THE NEW POKEMON WILL BE MAINLY GRASS" but what I will say is that you should expect to see a format similar to the previous generations where certain types will dominate more than others. Being creative isn't about adding a pokemon with 16 arms and 5 legs or a pokemon that can hover and fly at 200 MPH it's about being able to create something that people will look at and say "Okay, I understand where they were going with this"

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
well Dusknoir shepards souls to the after life. I was more like taking Pokemon and Human lives at will with a single touch, and only way to live is to eat the souls of the killed/hunted. And also with a big mofo scythe. Unless taking/literally killing for souls and sheparding is the same

Grim Reaper is an angel that shepards the souls of the dead to where they need to be. Either above for living a virtuous life, or below for living a life full of lies and miss begotten deeds. Grim Reapers cannot kill themselves, they only follow death and collect their quotas. Reapers are Nuetral angels that assist the heavenly bodies and hellish nightmares. Dusknoir fits the role of a Reaper, at least a non-bastardized version of the reaper.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
And Ash(and not to mention other characters) would be dead from the numerous assaults and thunderbolts that he has taken to the face by his Pikachu and company. :P So not all real-world concepts apply, of course. There's a derp on your part! D<

Also, the electric move "Thunder" throws away logic and real-world concepts out the window. Thunder is a sound not a lightning strike! It should be a sound attack move not a beefed up thunder bolt. Correct me if I'm wrong.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Grim Reaper is an angel that shepards the souls of the dead to where they need to be. Either above for living a virtuous life, or below for living a life full of lies and miss begotten deeds. Grim Reapers cannot kill themselves, they only follow death and collect their quotas. Reapers are Nuetral angels that assist the heavenly bodies and hellish nightmares. Dusknoir fits the role of a Reaper, at least a non-bastardized version of the reaper.
Finally one get's it right, also the only way one can die is when everyone else has died (since without life there can be no death).

No that's right, thunder is the sound, however many games tend to make thunder a electrical attack rather than a sound attack, proably because they mean to say thunder bolt but are too lazy (in Pokemon's case there's already a thunderbolt...) People in real life do the same mistake, it always annoyed me to be honest.

How about a pokemon based on the superfluid state of matter (we got Plasma in Rotom, and in Zekrom and Reshiram)? It can be a sea slug pokemon, hopefully one better than Shellos and evolution.

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2013
It's actually three weaknesses, since Grass doesn't resist Rock types.

Whoops sorry I missed that bit out!

*sigh* after what I wrote about Burilli, I REALLY want a chilli pokemon in gen 6. If GF doesn't, then I will have less respect for them...

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
I would be interested in seeing something like a fire ostrich and maybe a steel type goat. I think those would be really cool.

Back