• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Release] Pokemon Wisteria

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
JzTb0K1.png

Introduction

Hello, my name is Mantager. I've been dabbling in game making for almost a year now, but this is my first "big" project. I've scrapped a lot of older projects due to broken files or lost motivation. I'm really hoping I can one day finish this game, but we'll see!

Story

Set 20 years after the events of X/Y and Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire, the Pokemon world has changed quite a lot. Even now, there has been advancements in technology and laws. No new Pokemon have been discovered, but lots of new variations, abilities and moves have been found. Even new systems have been established. One of these new systems is the Wisteria Tournament.

The Wisteria Tournament is the replacement for the Pokemon League system, which was stopped 4 years ago. Every four years, a worldwide tournament is held, for the best Trainers in the Pokemon world. It is a clash of wills and ways. And now, the first ever Wisteria Tournament is about to start!

(Here's an explanation on how the tournament works:)
Spoiler:

Features

• Explore the never-seen-before Tomen region in a GBC style!
  • A new story that will go on for loads of hours!

• 660+ Pokemon avaliable! (full 5 generations + some kalos mons)!
  • A more challenging game!
  • Battle Routes, where you have to battle multiple trainers with limited healing!
  • Outfits!
  • Hidden Grottos!
  • New moves and abilities! (such as Sunbathe, an ability that restores HP in sun!)
  • New forms! (such as Meowth with different breeds! Fancy a ginger moggy?)

Screenshots

Spoiler:

Credits

Spoiler:

Download: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-SuQe3NUgoWnlyZHp5ZFE3OWc/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
Years
I'm not very far in but so far this is really cool!
I like the mystery gift items, are you going to post on here when new ones are available?

One small thing I noticed was when you enter the friend's house the dad calls him 'Jacob'. I'm guessing that is the default name?

I traded the Pikachu for Meowth and it says the Meowth was traded at lvl. 7 yet it is only at lvl. 5.

Edit Oct. 7: Major problem. If you lose the final battle of the qualifier then it will not let you battle it again.

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
I'm not very far in but so far this is really cool!
I like the mystery gift items, are you going to post on here when new ones are available?

One small thing I noticed was when you enter the friend's house the dad calls him 'Jacob'. I'm guessing that is the default name?

I traded the Pikachu for Meowth and it says the Meowth was traded at lvl. 7 yet it is only at lvl. 5.

Edit Oct. 7: Major problem. If you lose the final battle of the qualifier then it will not let you battle it again.

My apologies for replying so late. I'm working on a version now that fixes the bugs you are mentioning.
Expect it later today or tommorrow.

Yes, I'm going to post on here and on Twitter (@Mantager_) when new Mystery Gifts are avaliable.

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
Years
End of Demo v1.0.1 team
Rufflet lvl 22
Quilladin lvl 20
Croconaw lvl 20
Nidorino lvl 23
Moggy the Meowth lvl 25
Eevee lvl 19

Also I had a problem exiting the hidden grotto in the town. Once I left and it transitioned I was unable to move out of the shadowed part.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
End of Demo v1.0.1 team
Rufflet lvl 22
Quilladin lvl 20
Croconaw lvl 20
Nidorino lvl 23
Moggy the Meowth lvl 25
Eevee lvl 19

Also I had a problem exiting the hidden grotto in the town. Once I left and it transitioned I was unable to move out of the shadowed part.

My bad. Sorry about that.
If you're still stuck, I'll fix it when I release another update, but if you don't want to wait till then, PM me your save file.
(It's found in C:\Users\(your name)\Saved Games\Pokemon Wisteria).

MontyBellum

Sarleeko
Years
I had saved right before then so I'm fine. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of it in case anyone happened to get stuck.

Unown Seer

Earnest
Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2020
I enjoyed the demo a lot. But there are a few bugs:

1. I recall walking on water somewhere.
2. I can't leave the hidden grotto in Oaken City, and I had the misfortune of saving there. I hope I don't have to restart my game.

And if I could make some suggestions:

1. I couldn't find Heracross in Oaken City after 30+ tries in the Headbutt tree where it's supposed to be. I assume that its encounter rate is below 2%, which is way too low. I suggest increasing it to 5%; Heracross isn't really overpowered with the moves it learns until level 25 (in XY).
2. Several Generation V Pokémon should have their evolution levels lowered (for example, Rufflet and Vullaby).
3. Important characters should use unique sprites rather than sprites from GSC.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
I enjoyed the demo a lot. But there are a few bugs:

1. I recall walking on water somewhere.
2. I can't leave the hidden grotto in Oaken City, and I had the misfortune of saving there. I hope I don't have to restart my game.

And if I could make some suggestions:

1. I couldn't find Heracross in Oaken City after 30+ tries in the Headbutt tree where it's supposed to be. I assume that its encounter rate is below 2%, which is way too low. I suggest increasing it to 5%; Heracross isn't really overpowered with the moves it learns until level 25 (in XY).
2. Several Generation V Pokémon should have their evolution levels lowered (for example, Rufflet and Vullaby).
3. Important characters should use unique sprites rather than sprites from GSC.

Thanks! I recently released a new demo, 1.0.2, which *should* fix your hidden grotto problem.
Rare Pokemon like Heracross have a tiny encounter rate at the beginning of the game, but in later updates there will be areas where they are more common.
I will lower the evolution levels. Most important characters use unique sprites, and those that don't have GS sprite as placeholders.

New update: https://t.co/vqvvIGhKWq

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
There's something screwy with the PC Move function.

The arrow to highlight pokemon isn't accurate, its on the left side of the screen instead of the right.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
There's something screwy with the PC Move function.

The arrow to highlight pokemon isn't accurate, its on the left side of the screen instead of the right.

Yeah I know, it's a bit messed up, I'm trying to fix it on my own but we'll see.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
For my own and other people's future reference: (Generally accurate, I 'may' miss one or two here and there.) I'll edit this from time to time as I progress.

Route 1:
Common pokemon: Tallow, Starley, Pidove, Bidoof, Lilipup, Pikachu, Pidgey, Sentret
Rare Pokemon: Maril

Route something (one after 2nd town):
Common: Pidgey, Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Patrat, Tallow, Starley
Rare: Oddish

Twisted Wood:
Pokemon: Caterpie, Weedle, Sewaddle, Spinark, Surskit
Trainers in the wood have Slakoth, Venepede, Shroomish, Ledeyba, Nincada, and Wurmple, but I haven't seen them in the wild yet. Might be in trees, extremely rare, or not actually here idk.

Route 2:
Common
: Meowth, Starly, Nidoran F, Zigzagoon, Shinx, Patrat, Tallow, Nidoran M, Lotad, Abra, Belsprout (day)
Insanely Rare: Ralts (You might see one every 1-2 hours of grinding*)

Question
: There are three different meowth poses on the route. Do they just have different images? Or does this mean different types of meowth?
Thank You: For being one of the few fangames that lets trainers get Ralts early, its my favorite pokemon ^_^. But srsly, its been over an hour since I've seen the last one. y so rare.

Dotsey Park:
Jigglypuff, growlithe, Minun, Plusle, Meowth, Dedenne, Tailow

Dotsey Sewers:
Common: Koffing, Gastly, Grimer, Ratatta
Uncommon/Rare: Zubat, Trubbish

Route 3:
Common: Diglet, Mankey, Machop, Timbur
Rare: Tyrouge, Litleo
Headbutt Trees: Venepide, Burmy, Wurmple

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
For my own and other people's future reference: (Generally accurate, I 'may' miss one or two here and there.) I'll edit this from time to time as I progress.

Route 1:
Common pokemon: Tallow, Starley, Pidove, Bidoof, Lilipup, Pikachu, Pidgey, Sentret
Rare Pokemon: Maril

Route something (one after 2nd town):
Common: Pidgey, Nidoran M, Nidoran F, Patrat, Tallow, Starley
Rare: Oddish

Twisted Wood:
Pokemon: Caterpie, Weedle, Sewaddle, Spinark, Surskit
Trainers in the wood have Slakoth, Venepede, Shroomish, Ledeyba, Nincada, and Wurmple, but I haven't seen them in the wild yet. Might be in trees, extremely rare, or not actually here idk.

Route 2:
Common
: Meowth, Starly, Nidoran F, Zigzagoon, Shinx, Patrat, Tallow, Nidoran M, Lotad, Abra
Very Rare: Ralts (I've only seen one thus far, crit killed it accidentally :/)

Question
: There are three different meowth poses on the route. Do they just have different images? Or does this mean different types of meowth?
Thank You: For being one of the few fangames that lets trainers get Ralts early, its my favorite pokemon ^_^. But srsly, its been over an hour since I've seen the last one. y so rare.

Many Pokemon such as Ralts have 1-3% encounter rates, they will be more common in later areas. I'm going to raise the encounter rate for rare mons a bit so you have at least a 6% chance of finding them!
There is a folder named 'Documents' included with the game. You can see Pokemon changes, TM locations and more in there.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 13, 2018
Many Pokemon such as Ralts have 1-3% encounter rates, they will be more common in later areas. I'm going to raise the encounter rate for rare mons a bit so you have at least a 6% chance of finding them!
There is a folder named 'Documents' included with the game. You can see Pokemon changes, TM locations and more in there.

Much appreciated ^_^, still haven't been able to land a ralts. Will it appear again in another nearby route? Or should I keep grinding for it here?

Interesting changes with the differing Meowths/Persions. Also zubat line/Onyx line also have differing changes too O.o.

Can't wait to see that pop up more in future updates. Special features/additions like that are cool to see, so a definite +1 to that.

Oh by the way, the EV/IV screen with the nature also listed at the bottom is a nice addition, props to that as well, lets you gauge a pokemon real quick and easy.

Also, will mega evolutions be in this?

Last edited:

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Much appreciated ^_^, still haven't been able to land a ralts. Will it appear again in another nearby route? Or should I keep grinding for it here?

Interesting changes with the differing Meowths/Persions. Also zubat line/Onyx line also have differing changes too O.o.

Can't wait to see that pop up more in future updates. Special features/additions like that are cool to see, so a definite +1 to that.

Oh by the way, the EV/IV screen with the nature also listed at the bottom is a nice addition, props to that as well, lets you gauge a pokemon real quick and easy.

Also, will mega evolutions be in this?

Afaik Ralts doesn't appear after that route in the current demo, might throw in a Kirlia or something next demo though. New formes for Pokemon are something you'll see quite a bit of in later updates. Zubat does have a multiple form, as does Machop, but they're not avaliable in this demo. Onix is though, it's actually the Crystal Onix from the anime, and is avaliable in Gloomy Caverns as an event encounter.

Megas won't be in the game because 1) making sprites for them would be a pain in the ass because they're very big and detailed, 2) because I feel they're kinda broken.

manta

★★★★★
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 2, 2024
Wisteria Update
This time, I have some new screenshots to show off!
Spoiler:

Back