• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

buy my useless crap 3 days free check out my blog omg

droomph

weeb
Years
What are your thoughts on spam?

Obviously nobody likes it, but how severe is the hate? Do you just press the "report" button and get on with whatever you were doing, or do you get into vertigo over it?

For me, I get a strange urge to kill that person, even though I have no idea who they are lol

Years
Spam really irritates me. Especially when it's on a forum like this or a facebook group or something. It's just plain rude. It's kinda like walking into a party where people are all enjoying themselves and are really getting into a discussion on something and then someone who you kindly invited interrupting and screaming about how amazing their new phone or mail order bride is.
Nobody would ever do that in real life, and if they did they'd probably get their head kicked in eventually, so I don't see why some people think it's acceptable to do something like that online.

Overall I'm glad that I get to clean up the spam in this section. It makes me feel better knowing it's gone as soon as I see it. In other sections I try to just report it and move on.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I don't like spam at all, I just delete the messages and continue on to what I was doing. I only report the spammer if I get the same spam message many times, about 5 times in a week.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
What irritates me is that there are many legitimate comments on YouTube marked as spam just because the person's opinion is unpopular.
With actual spam — just report and move on, or ignore it. Chain mails are a bit annoying due to the space they take up, but there's nothing one can do about it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
Spam is stupid and annoying. I just would hit the report button so it could be cleaned up.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Spam doesn't really irritate me. Like, I know it's annoying, but I just calmy report it or just remove it and then I'll just move on with my life.

Years
I am not very easily irritated by spam at first, but if I get mass amounts of spam from either the same person/group/organization/etc over time, or a whole mass of spam at once, that is when I can be a little angry.

Back