• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
i have a problem on a-map, and could someeone please help me?
i created a pokemon statue in pallet town (fire red) on tileset 7 (empty)
i have inserted it into here and it appears, but i cannot map it because it does not appear in the tile picker,
or on the tile viewer on the block editor, i just cant get any further than this.
i have reset a-map and loaded new blocks, but still nothing.
thank you

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Um,
I am editing the titlescreen for Ruby.
And I need serious help!
I need to know the pallete offset for the titlescreen!
otherwise my titlescreen is in the wrong pallete!
Originally posted by D-Trogh
Ruby Version 15331280 - View it in 8bpp mode in TileMolester.
Pokémon 15325388 - View it in 8bpp mode in TileMolester.
2003 GameFreak 15324740 - View it in 8bpp mode in TileMolester.
Groudon 3748432 -View it in 4bpp linear, reverse-order in TileMolester.
The offsets are in decimal by the way. If you use pokepic. Don't forget to use the DumpRAW command.

TheDon

Shedinja Enthusiast
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 25, 2018
Anyone know where I can find MIDI files of Pokemon Pinball RS music? I know there's no way to convert to MIDI from most other sound formats, and a Google search phailed me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2010
Hello, I am new here. I've been doing a Pokemon Red rom hacking, I'm wondering how I can use some of the sprites from Pokemon Green into the Red version like it's done with the Pokemon Brown hack. Is there an existing application for me to do that?

onyx79

Red Dead Revolver
Years
is there any way to edit items in the game?
for example I want to take the ??? item,and change it into an apricon balls,and in that way I'll be able to add all the apricon balls(like level ball,friend ball and etc.)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hi again.Now,I was wondering,how do you creat a Key Item script that lets you do a HM thing?Please answer.

for example I want to take the ??? item,and change it into an apricon balls,and in that way I'll be able to add all the apricon balls(like level ball,friend ball and etc.)
Both require ASM.
Or at least I think so.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

Use an item editor...
There are some in the tool-box... OR, if you want to use hex editing...

Spoiler:

You can use that chart to help you figure out what each item does...

The item data starts at:
Fire Red: 0x3DB028
Leaf Green: 0x3DAE64
Ruby: 0x3C5564
Sapphire: 0x3C55BC
Emerald: 0x5839A0

The first item on the list is masterball... Just for refference

Haku.

(FLAME)...H....A...K..U
Years
hey guys can any1 of you tell me the pallete of the word POKEMON FIRERED in the title screen to edit using a-pallete?

nvmm..

but can any one tell me what palletemap do i need to use for it in NTME?

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
Use an item editor...
There are some in the tool-box... OR, if you want to use hex editing...

Spoiler:

You can use that chart to help you figure out what each item does...

The item data starts at:
Fire Red: 0x3DB028
Leaf Green: 0x3DAE64
Ruby: 0x3C5564
Sapphire: 0x3C55BC
Emerald: 0x5839A0

The first item on the list is masterball... Just for refference

Actually the first item is a ???????????
Also most of those unknown values are known o.0
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Item_data_structure_in_the_GBA

Just use this.

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yjf5rxwooua
It's the latest version which some people forget to download -_-

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
Hmm im having a problem inserting a sprite into unlz.gba I inserted my player With the FSF deal and then i wrote the palette to rom so i did the first thing but when i go into the game the dark blue lines on the players clothe got changed to brown and i am 10000% sure that it was inserted into the right palette and that i didnt use any colors on the sprite that werent in the palette

What can i do to fix this?

Years
Hmm im having a problem inserting a sprite into unlz.gba I inserted my player With the FSF deal and then i wrote the palette to rom so i did the first thing but when i go into the game the dark blue lines on the players clothe got changed to brown and i am 10000% sure that it was inserted into the right palette and that i didnt use any colors on the sprite that werent in the palette

What can i do to fix this?

ok, your phrasing is a bit.. Strange, but i'll try to help you out. Firstly, when you say "wrote the palette to the ROM", do you mean with APE, yeah? Because if you just overwrote the Palette offset with the FSF-given offset, I'm not sure that works. If you haven't already, try changing the Palette with Unlz.gba, and it should work for you. (yes, everybody, a relatively noobish answer, but I could be right, eh? :D)

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
Years
ok, your phrasing is a bit.. Strange, but i'll try to help you out. Firstly, when you say "wrote the palette to the ROM", do you mean with APE, yeah? Because if you just overwrote the Palette offset with the FSF-given offset, I'm not sure that works. If you haven't already, try changing the Palette with Unlz.gba, and it should work for you. (yes, everybody, a relatively noobish answer, but I could be right, eh? :D)
No i do nt use Ape, so i dont know

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
Is there any way to delete some 210-odd Pokémon entirely?

I don't plan on using them in my Fire-Red hack at all, and I could think of much more fun ways to use the space.

Do I really have to do it all in hex?

Come to think of it, can I delete berry powder and the minigames? If so, how?

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back