• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

⚜ The Grass Type Pokemon Fan Club ⚜

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greenbeans

Guardian of Le Foret
Years
Hi i would like to join
Name: Jerichob10 (Call me jericho)
Partner Pokemon: Bubasaur
Reason for joining: I have always loved grass pokemon (Hence the sig and avatar) and i find that they are cute and some of them can be loyal companions in battle.
I almost always use grass starters accept for in Diamond/pearl, and i find them plenty worthwhile.
I even have a trade thread named after Grass/Nature! (le Foret)
Answer the current topic!

Well i have plenty of favorites, but i must say that i favor leaf blade. It is a cool and powerfull move, i also like grass knot for strategic purposes.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Hey everyone, thought I'd get in on this conversation.

Favorite grass type move and why?
I love leaf blade, mostly because I used to have it on my Sceptile in Sapphire and the idea of Sceptile slashing things with his arms seems awesome to me.

How do you feel about the lack of grass-type legendaries? Do you think there should be more?
I'd just like to see a grass/dragon type. Preferably legendary but if it's like Hydreigon or something I'd be fine with that too. I just think it would be a cool type combo.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Hi i would like to join
Name: Jerichob10 (Call me jericho)
Partner Pokemon: Bubasaur
Reason for joining: I have always loved grass pokemon (Hence the sig and avatar) and i find that they are cute and some of them can be loyal companions in battle.
I almost always use grass starters accept for in Diamond/pearl, and i find them plenty worthwhile.
I even have a trade thread named after Grass/Nature! (le Foret)
Answer the current topic!

Well i have plenty of favorites, but i must say that i favor leaf blade. It is a cool and powerfull move, i also like grass knot for strategic purposes.
Welcome jericho, gald to have you here! Mm, I agree, many grass pokemon are extremely cute, I myself love Celebi. And, wise choice, leaf blade is a pretty powerful move - having experience using it on my Leavanny, Alinthea in White. It proved to be the stongest and most usefull move out of its four. Grass knots also a wise choice, and especially usefu when dealing with heavy enemies.

Favorite grass type move and why?
I love leaf blade, mostly because I used to have it on my Sceptile in Sapphire and the idea of Sceptile slashing things with his arms seems awesome to me.

How do you feel about the lack of grass-type legendaries? Do you think there should be more?
I'd just like to see a grass/dragon type. Preferably legendary but if it's like Hydreigon or something I'd be fine with that too. I just think it would be a cool type combo.

Oh wow, I never thought such a combo! Interesting if you think about it, I don't think it's ever been done...ah no it's hasn't. That'd be wicked cool though if they were to introduce a grass/dragon type; maybe in Gen VI?

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Oh wow, I never thought such a combo! Interesting if you think about it, I don't think it's ever been done...ah no it's hasn't. That'd be wicked cool though if they were to introduce a grass/dragon type; maybe in Gen VI?

I think it could be a really cool combo, and its only real flaw would be a 4x ice weakness (but Garchomp, Flygon, Salamence, and Dragonite all have that anyway). Since we got Ice, Fire, Electric, and Dark combined with Dragon in Gen V I think they could have Grass/Dragon in Gen VI. Plus, it could get a cool, unique move, a bit like a grass type fusion flare/bolt.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

A Grass/Dragon type sounds so.....wonderful now that I think about it. I think it'd be powerful too. I know the perfect moveset for a particular Pokemon with that type: Leaf Storm, Dragon Breath, Twister, and Solarbeam. Something along the lines.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
A Grass/Dragon type sounds so.....wonderful now that I think about it. I think it'd be powerful too. I know the perfect moveset for a particular Pokemon with that type: Leaf Storm, Dragon Breath, Twister, and Solarbeam. Something along the lines.
Grass/Dragon type huh? I wouldn't use it because I personally dislike Pokemon with 4x weakness to a type. Ice type would hurt it majorly! :P

I want to see a Fire/Grass type myself.

Years
Grass/Dragon type huh? I wouldn't use it because I personally dislike Pokemon with 4x weakness to a type. Ice type would hurt it majorly! :P

I want to see a Fire/Grass type myself.

I'd love a Grass/Dragon but a 4x Ice weakness is a drawback. I hate using Pokemon that fall easily to a certain type, particularly if the super-effective type is Fire or Ice.

Fire/Grass is a type combo I'd definitely want to see given it doesn't have many weaknesses.

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
I'd love a Grass/Dragon but a 4x Ice weakness is a drawback. I hate using Pokemon that fall easily to a certain type, particularly if the super-effective type is Fire or Ice.

Fire/Grass is a type combo I'd definitely want to see given it doesn't have many weaknesses.

I don't like the 4x weakness either but if it was a cool enough Pokemon I'd get over it... I mean, I use Garchomp pretty much every time I play Platinum and I'm currently using Flygon in Sapphire. They'd have to give it a pretty cool design and good stats to make it worth it.

Fire/Grass would be a really cool combination, though I can't really think of any creatures that would logically have such a type...

While we're on the topic of what we want,

What type combination would you like to see in the Gen VI Grass-type starter?
I feel like, of the three starters, grass has gotten ripped off type-wise. We really only have one starter with an interesting type combo, Torterra, while the others are all either only grass or grass/poison (which is an incredibly common combo anyway). I would like to see grass/dark, or maybe grass/flying.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I know it's really boring, but I love Grass/Poison types. Those are two of my favourite typings but together so it'd be really nice to have another strong Grass/Poison Pokémon out there to use. I'd also like to see a Grass/Bug type starter. There's no reason the typings have to be incredibly unique and stuff as long as the Pokémon are decent and look good, so that's why I'd like some more Grass/Poison or Grass/Bug types to be introduced. Especially as starters c:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Generation 6, huh? Interesting.. :3

I wanted to say Grass/Fire, but that typing would be impossible to be quite honest. xD I wouldn't mind seeing a grass/ghost, or even another grass/water! It'd be awesome to see more of that typing in the next generation of Pokemon. I'd be happy! ^_^

And in the meantime, I'll bring up another topic so I can bring in activity! :)

Do you actually use the move Sunny Day before using the grass-type move Solarbeam? Do you think it's more powerful that way than Solarbeam alone?

rykerr1

Shiny Fanatic
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Oct 6, 2012
Do you actually use the move Sunny Day before using the grass-type move Solarbeam? Do you think it's more powerful that way than Solarbeam alone?

The only time I ever use Solarbeam is if another Pokemon is around to set up sunlight (IE, Groudon, Draught Ninetales, or a Chlorophyll Pokemon that needs Sunny Day anyway). Otherwise, it wastes too much time with charging, though I wouldn't say its more powerful than Solarbeam alone in terms of damage. Without sun around, Leaf Storm, Energy Ball, or Leaf Blade are all better moves IMO.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

No because i don't even use the move. If I did use sunny day, I think Leafstorm or EnergyBall would be better anyway.

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2021
Grass pokes,yes :D
Name:
TogeDelques
Partner Pokemon:
Venusaur
Reason for joining:
Venusaur is pretty much my favorite starter and my love for it extended to grass types. Grass just kinda became my favorite type,along with flying(which is weird cuz I don't like Tropius).
The only time I've ever used solarbeam was on a power herb set, so no but I think the sun should boost solarbeam since it's a pretty terrible move,worse than focus miss.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Welcome new members!!

No because i don't even use the move. Leafstorm or EnergyBall would be better.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
Years
Name: Okjoek
Partner Pokemon: Snivy
Reason for joining: The grass type isn't the strongest, but mankind would not exist without plants in the world. Tree hugger? No. But "plants remind us there's a ballance in nature and if you attempt to disrupt the order you will feel their wrath!" *battle opening scene*

Answer the current topic!: Hmm that's a tough one, I'd have to say something like shiftry.

I LOVE making monotype pokemon teams for hypothetical scenerios, but it's kind of hard for grass because they literaly have so many weaknesses. Normaly I pair them with the Fire type because they usualy get boosts from sunny day in the form of solar beam charging and common abilities.

Pure gass though I'd go with:

Roserade
Ferrothorn
Tropius
Craydily
Ludicolo
Serperior

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Name: Slayr231
Partner Pokemon: Serperior
Reason of Joining: I always liked grass types and how underestimated they actually are.

I would have to say the scariest grass type would be Ferrothorn, it just looks so evil!

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
grass pokemon are so underappreciated ever since the beginning, time to display their true worth...

Partner pokemon
: Bulbasaur, my first true grass love...

Grass/Dragon for its final form. Along with good design, stats and movepool, it can become a true emblem for grass types.

Even without Sunny day, there are many unique powerful grass moves. Spore and sleep powder induce sleep. Giga drain not only does strong damage but recovers health. Seed bomb, petaldance, leaf blade are just few of the many powerful grass moves if used correctly.

Sunny day teams are powerful if handled well. The "friends" of grass types : Ninetails and groudon. Their Drought ability auto induces sunny day, giving chlorophyll grass types a boost

Finally to top it off with this nice pic of the garden of bliss...grass types daebak (awesome)!
6a1f725da4b7a4c871f40f35cc3775b8.jpg

6a1f725da4b7a4c871f40f35cc3775b8.jpgt

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Welcome all new members! I'll add you to the members list asap!

And to bring a little more discussion from this grassy gravesite -- If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why?
Nyahh I love these topics xD After staring at Nathan's signature for the past half hour, I'm very tempted to say Lotad, but I'm going to go with Sewaddle. I think anyone who has watched 'Sewaddle and Burgh in Pinwheel Forest!' will completely understand why. It's such a fun-loving, carefree and extremely unique Pokémon that I utterly adore. It's one of the cutest Pokémon out there, it has extraordinary skills, and its little leaf clothes look so comfy! Plus you'd have the opportunity to evolve into one of my all-time favourite Grass types, Leavanny. Spending a few years as an adorable Sewaddle having tonnes of fun 24/7 before turning into a complete powerhouse seems like the perfect life for me. n.n

Altix

Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark
Years
Name: Altix
Partner Pokemon: Snivy(Neon)
Reason for joining:
I Have just always loved grass types. They have always been my starter. My two fav. types are Grass and Dark. I think grass types are very under-estimated.
If you could be any grass type Pokemon, which one would you be and why: I would be a... Snivy, duh! Snivy are the best pokemon in my opinion.
Do you actually use the move Sunny Day before using the grass-type move Solarbeam? Do you think it's more powerful that way than Solarbeam alone? Nah. Solarbeam is a very powerful move. It would almost be unfair if I did use it XD
A Grass/Dark. That would be super cool. Like if snivy and zorua spawned a child...woah. Now ima draw...
What do you think the best legendary is?
That is a hard question but I would have to say Rayquaza, or Zoroark(is he legendary?) Darkrai is awesome too....

Anyway can I be in the club?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back