• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What is your 'excuse' to buy BW2?

Perico

Ripper
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 12, 2022
As many people say, there's no reason why being ashamed of buying a game. Moreover, the moment I was buying the game, the cashier told me "you're lucky, you're the first buying the new Pokémon game here. I'm going to get mine as soon as I finish my shift." However, I started buying games "onlinely" one year ago, because it's cheaper and I buy more than one game at once. Anyway I would buy the games if I wanted, nothing to be ashamed of.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years
I normally don't go out, even though I live in the city so I wouldn't really have this problem seeing how I'd get my mom to buy it seeing how she goes out to work. I guess if I had to get off the couch and buy the game I would be up front about it, anyone who tries to tease gets their face punched into tiny dust particles. >:)

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
Years
Tbh, I'm kinda hoping to get the game for Christmas or my birthday or something, so then I won't have to buy it. 'Course, if I had to buy it, I'd go straight to the cashier and put the game on the counter, ask if I can buy it, and if they give me a wierd look cuz I'm 17 and shouldn't be buying Pokemon games, I'll just look at em and say "Dude, it's freakin Pokemon. You know you're jealous of me for getting it before you."

Years
  • Seen Oct 29, 2014
my excuse to buy it actually is so all dem kids, my friends and everybody else dont get ahead of me in gameplay and competitive battling this time around... tbh i haven't bought a pokemon game within a week of release since orginal pokemon silver for the gameboy color. i am definately looking forward to W2 so this time i get ahead of everyone!

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
my excuse to buy it actually is so all dem kids, my friends and everybody else dont get ahead of me in gameplay and competitive battling this time around... tbh i haven't bought a pokemon game within a week of release since orginal pokemon silver for the gameboy color. i am definately looking forward to W2 so this time i get ahead of everyone!
well your outa luck cause its already out in japan.
nintindo headquarters is in japan so they get to see all the games first.

Years
I would purchase the game with huge smiles. In the Bahamas, I know the folks that own the game store and lots of people older than 12 still play!

Jiggly Jello

DJ Squiggles
Years
If I really wanted to be discreet about it, I wouldn't go for the hoodie route, I'd simply travel to the next town over heh. I'm just as good as invisible there.

Not that I would do such things though. At my age (whatever that is) I could care less what they think. Besides, I have friends my age who were at Comic Con so I dare them to say something! I know they won't though but that's why they're my friends and also why I want to kill them for going to Comic Con w/o me!!!

And as for the potential finger shakers and naysayers I might encounter whilst I purchase it...I say good day.

Years
I've never used an excuse to buy Pokemon games. I just go into Game Stop and buy it. I'm not ashamed in any way. I might have been embarrassed back in junior high/freshman year, but after that, I just stopped caring what people think of me. If they think I shouldn't be playing Pokemon or if they're going to make fun of me, then I really don't care about whether or not I'm impressing them or if I ever have a chance of being friends with them.

And let's be honest, the people working at Game Stop are gamers. There's a 90% chance that they already have a copy put aside for themselves, and even if they don't play Pokemon, they won't care because the gaming community is generally a very accepting one. We're all nerds (I don't mean to offend anyone by saying that; I mean it in the most endearing way). We stick together! Haha.

Brittani

Pokefan for life!! (:
Years
Not too long ago, I wore my pokemon shirt to school and my buddy Justin asks me, "You don't really watch that show, do you?" I also got a few other..strange looks by people. So, in conclusion, yes it is rather labeled as a "kids" game, yet it is only labeled that by people who either have not played the game or never got into it. I am only 16, but even the general teen thinks it's for the younger minds. I think there shouldn't be an age interval for this game. It's suited for all ages, excluding those who aren't old enough to register the concept.

That being said, I do not need an 'excuse'. I do not care what other people think of me to that extent anyways. Might I mention that the "teens" at my school seem to think that Elmo and Hello Kitty are suitable for their age. I do believe they have no room to judge :)

Zagan

King of Demons
Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 20, 2015
if i get any funny looks, im normally retort that its a gift for a younger cousin or something

Narrion

Pokémon Professor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Aug 28, 2013
Is Pokemon really that unpopular in certain areas? I live in a city that was built around a technology university, and most of the college kids around here love Pokemon. We have an official Pokemon league that meets just outside of the campus, and some of the members are even over 30 years old... even they don't hide their hobby.

I'll just go to the game store the day of release, ask for my pre-ordered copy with a smile, and play with all my friends right there. C:

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years
Why should I really be ashamed to buy Pokémon games?
They're pretty damn popular in the age groups that grew up with the games.

Besides, when I go there and pick up the game, I think the cashiers will have seen so many people coming to buy it that they're not gonna care about whether I do or not.

M4

Freedom of teh speech!!!!!!!!!
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Feb 5, 2013
Is Pokemon really that unpopular in certain areas? I live in a city that was built around a technology university, and most of the college kids around here love Pokemon. We have an official Pokemon league that meets just outside of the campus, and some of the members are even over 30 years old... even they don't hide their hobby.

I'll just go to the game store the day of release, ask for my pre-ordered copy with a smile, and play with all my friends right there. C:

My city has too much swag for Pokemon. :(

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
My excuse is "I want it".

Simple.

I would be ashamed of myself if I ever ridiculed somebody for doing something they enjoy. (as long as they're not hurting anyone by doing it of course) The last thing anybody needs is me judging them for every little thing.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
My excuse? I want it. It's the most anticipated Pokemon game ever, so why not.

I definitely won't feel ashamed, I've been a Pokemon fan all my life and everyone here in my place knows it. Surely they can't do a single thing if that's a person's interest.

Years
  • Seen Sep 27, 2013
if i get any funny looks, im normally retort that its a gift for a younger cousin or something

You are ashamed of liking pokemon?! So sad... I thought people would stand up for the game, but you say it is for another... Pssh.. I'M 14 and this franchise fuuuu- epic to me.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
My excuse? Do y'all (the clerks) want to see my money, or not? If not, I can always take my business elsewhere. Oh yeah, I'll also tell them I plan on evaluating it for my blog (which isn't a lie either).

Or I can always come stumbling into the store acting like I'm drunk. They'll just chalk it up to an impulse purchase made while intoxicated.

Back