• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Resource requests

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 1, 2016
Can anyone link me cave and volcano tilesets hg/ss .Also gym tiles would also be nice.Thx in advance

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
I would like to request for vivillon patterns for fire red aside from meadow and monsoon pattern 256x64. it seems i cannot find any

Years
I would like to request for vivillon patterns for fire red aside from meadow and monsoon pattern 256x64. it seems i cannot find any

So you want the patter in fire red form in a 256x64?by 256x64 do you mean each pattern or every other pattern aside from the ones you mentioned? Also like in wall tile right just putting the patterns without any other decoration that makes it seem like a box or something. If you tell me these like if you just want the pattern plain like that I can try to make it. Although I haven't really try to make a fire red tile I mostly do 4th gen. So I want as much details as possible so I can do it for you. You can send me a pm for more details.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 12, 2018
So you want the patter in fire red form in a 256x64?by 256x64 do you mean each pattern or every other pattern aside from the ones you mentioned? Also like in wall tile right just putting the patterns without any other decoration that makes it seem like a box or something. If you tell me these like if you just want the pattern plain like that I can try to make it. Although I haven't really try to make a fire red tile I mostly do 4th gen. So I want as much details as possible so I can do it for you. You can send me a pm for more details.

Yes like this, (not mine but Ruffs)
dyp2v2P.png

I only have monsoon and meadow pattern. I would wish for all the other patterns only if posible..

Details:
each pictiure is 64x64
16 colors..

Maybe this can help:
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=208837

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
Sprite artists/sprite tutorials?

Preface: Please move this topic to the proper section if it's in the wrong section. I'm not sure if it is since this is game dev related so yeah. But anyway moving on.

Anyway, hi guys. I'm sort of inactively working on a Pokemon game or two right now via Essentials -- I've got a story and some trainers and I'm looking for a sprite artist for the gym trainers and player characters, as well as a 'standard' rival character and an "OMG UNEXPECTED PLOT TWIST" character (think Giovanni as the final gym leader type of plot twist). I want to sprite myself but I don't know how and don't know if I would be any good so I was looking for a place to find one and run my ideas by them, not sure if that's okay here. Also, I do want to learn on my own eventually, so are there any good spriting tutorials out there for Pokemon style sprites?

Thanks so much for all your help :3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
Definitely Gen 3/Gen 4 style for sure. I don't wanna go for anything too crazy yet and kinda wanna keep the sprites looking similar to the 'default' batch if that makes any sense.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
While I don't have any other specific tutorials, I would recommend either studying up on the official sprites from the games or requesting someone to sprite them for you in the Art & Design forum or on an art site like Deviantart.

I'll get you started with some links to Spriters Resource.
Gen 4
Diamond/Pearl
Platinum
HeartGold/SoulSilver

Gen 3
Emerald
Ruby/Sapphire
Firered/Leafgreen

The only tip I can give you is don't mix the overworld styles of RSE and FRLG, they don't mix. Trainer sprites are fine, but don't mix generations.

(I would offer my help, but I sprite in Gen 5 style.)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 30, 2022
No worries, you've helped a lot regardless. I may tackle Gen 5 one of these days too but a simple start with the others is probably easier for me first. And yeah, I didn't know whether I should go into Art & Design because I didn't see much spriting requests there. But I may go there next.Thanks again!

Edit:

Also, Are there any Pokemon tilesets that have skyscraper-like buildings or high-rise apartment like looking ones?

Last edited:

Schleckenmiester

Developer
Years
Are there any DP/HGSS tilesets formatted for Rpg maker XP?

I have found a bunch that are just a bunch of stuff to use but it's completely unformatted and it's really annoying, I tried to format one and it took a while and doesn't work well. Can someone please like me to a fully working tileset?

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I have found a bunch that are just a bunch of stuff to use but it's completely unformatted and it's really annoying, I tried to format one and it took a while and doesn't work well. Can someone please like me to a fully working tileset?
Look at this thread.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Dec 3, 2016
Someday Gen 6 sprites IN Good quality?

So yeah I REALLY want to add the gen 6 to my game but as we all now
they look really awful and just dont fit in essentials (graphic, angle etc.)
So does somebody know if theres anything happening?
I mean the static sprites are all there but animated ones just look better.
There is some sprite project if i remember that creates them in Gen 5 style?
But it would be awesome too have all gens in gen 6 style.

So is there something going on? Will it be to be "expected"?
I can animate it in gen 5 style (isnt that hard just takes a lot of time)
but in gen 6 style its more difficult. So yeah. Just wanted to gather some
information.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 19, 2023
Well as far as I know you can find the 721 Pokemon in gen-6 style, animated sprites, quite easily (just search for gen 6 pack on this forum).

What is harder to find is gen 6 Pokemon in gen 5 style. This project is going on, but it's not finished yet.

If you mean adapting Pokemon Essentials to better fit the gen 6 style, I don't really think anybody worked on that.

Years
Does anybody have some general field sound effects from HGSS (or DPPt if theyre from that too)? Just stuff like the Cut or Rock Smash sound effects. I've tried looking for a bit, and I might just be blind, but I haven't found them anywhere.

Blake7

To Ignite all people within our nation
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 30, 2018
Can anyone link me to a door spritesheet base 22x22 each tile (if it is possible to put that much big) for RMXP for a door as big as this
b5qn8p.jpg

Years

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
Years
Can I get Gen V-style battle animations for the Apricorn balls? Like these. I specifically need the shaking animations, as I got the thowing animations from here.

Last edited:
Back