• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Reason of your fondness toward gen 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna18155

Kenna18155
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Dec 1, 2020
I feel especially nostalgic about Gen III because they were the first games I ever played. I started on FireRed, then Sapphire, and I've played every game since.

Also, my brother always played Pokémon with me as a kid, and he and I were best friends at the time. So Pokémon R/S/E and FR/LG just brings back some awesome memories for me..

Aw look, you got me crying xP

Years
The Gen 3 games were the first Pokemon games that I've ever played. I was completely new to the series, so I was pretty fascinated by pretty much everything about the game. Everything I did, from defeating my first Pokemon to getting into my first Hall of Fame felt like a milestone. Pokemon gave me a sense of adventure and discovery that no other video game had really delivered.

Years
Compound Eyes boosting Butterfree's Trollpowder accuracy
That motorbike thing from Colosseum.
Pikachu Edition Game Boy Advance SP. Because reasons.
Playing as May.
Acro Bike tricks.
HM Diving.
Braille puzzles.
Question mark Unown variant.

Last edited:

The Ash-Ketchum

Ash-Ketchum
Years
I like it because of 2 reasons

1st:The frontier:its the only anime where they released it
2nd:the pokemon to catch is not low in amount or high like 649 or 151.So its in the balance state and emulators are another cause.Because it lets you battle through internet so its another way to the top.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
Years
The Gen 1 remakes.

My fondest memories of playing Pokemon come from my first playthrough of the original Red Version. My Gameboy cartridge of Pokemon Red was eventually corrupted and destroyed so the Gen 3 remakes, Fire Red in particular, allowed me to relive those memories with clearer graphics and advanced (no pun intended) mechanics.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
Actually, I didn't like the gen I remakes at all. I loved the Hoenn games to bit though. Pity that there wasn't a day/night system, but that's about the only bad thing about these games. Compared to gen IV, they were so easy to play and smooth and the music was amazing and yeah.

One of the biggest reasons I love the Hoenn games (not gen III in particular though, since it was much worse in the gen I remakes) is the music. TRUMPETS, nuff said.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Well the reason is maybe because of the nostalgia feel into it the new features like the berries, pokemon contests, and double battles were just awesome and were the main reasons I love this gen.

Years
For me, Emerald was great because it was the first pokemon game I owned that I got to play through alongside my friend. We were both bough black GBA SPs and the game for christmas 2005, and we got to experience the game at the same time. We used to play them for hours on end, always battling and trading and doing contests. That's why the Hoenn games will always be my favourites.

Years
I must say, there were some nice areas in Hoenn, including Fortree City, Mossdeep City and the like. I also really liked tons of Pokémon that were introduced here. And admittedly, RSE were quite innovative and introduced some important things that would be included in future games, such as natures and abilities.

If only it had the physical/special split, then it'd be even better. But we'll be getting that in the remakes!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I really liked the coastal environment given to the 3rd Generation games. While it may not be my favourite region, Hoenn had a great array of beautiful locations, like Pacifidlog Town and Fortree City. The Hoenn region is a region of nature to me, which is something I love about R/S/E, a reason for me to keep playing them.

The addition of things like natures and abilities added more depth to battling, particularly competitive battling. I learned just how fantastic a Modest natured Espeon was in the 3rd generation games, and I'm glad those features have been expanded on in the later games. The 3rd Generation games were really inclusive in features within the Pokemon series.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
The water routes. A pokemon region where water routes actually were like a maze , you could see if you fit between those boulders and get into a not so obvious passage, and the dive routes were also awesome, better than the b/w dive spots too.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Just the remakes, that's about it.

Ha ha really ?

The water routes. A pokemon region where water routes actually were like a maze , you could see if you fit between those boulders and get into a not so obvious passage, and the dive routes were also awesome, better than the b/w dive spots too.

Hmmmmm a water routes ? A pokemon region where water routes actually were like a maze ? PRETTY interesting. Keep it up i wanna know more :P

I love Hoenn. It's my favorite main-series Pokémon region by far. I also love how GenIII marked the beginning of the Pokémon games being more story-driven with an epic feel to their climax.

:p Happy to have a Hoenn Hollywood fan

It was the first pokémon game I played, as for the first couple of years of my life, no one knew what pokémon was. I soon moved and got into it and got pokémon emerald. I really like how it advanced from the prior series, the same with X and Y. I also liked Team Aqua, Team Magma and just all of the pokémon that were introduced in generation 3.

So keep it up ! you should play them again cause they are the kind of thing you can't even miss.

One of the first games of pokemon that I had ever played, it was what my gaming childhood started on when I was a child. The characters and pokemon just made me so happy at the time, and also all the other stuff in between. The thing that makes me fond of it most was probably the story at around the Legendaries fighting part.

O.O Since childhood ! that looks awesome well i am also a fan of it since childhood. Yes Pokemon are thing that make the reality go overwhelmed.

Gen 3 was where I began, and where most of my Pokemon experiences were. I have all of the Gen 3 games. My first Pokemon game was Fire Red. Then I got into Emerald which accumulated over 600 hours and resulted in 2 shinies and a Pokerus epidemic. I think Gen 3 was a breakthrough in graphics, which is a reason people like it. The game looks so much smoother and clearer than the Gen 1 and 2 games. The only thing I don't like about Gen 3 is that it lacks the physical/special split. It nerfs quite a few Pokemon like Gyarados, and many dragon types.

Great Emerald is one of the best game i ever played you know :P

I was a poke-fanatic since 97', still, Hoenn if I were to select a top 3 and bottom 3, is definitely in a top position. (Though, I love all of the games)

Hoenn was so different and fresh. Though Silver/Gold/Crystal, another top 3 generation, was exciting, since it introduced new Pokemon to the series for the first time, Hoenn gave us so many new Pokemon with arguably the most diverse designs, most of which were not related to previous generations, a quirky/idiosyncratic aesthetic (largely due to GBA), the first new villains and deep storyline, and every little detail, such as the method of obtaining your starter Pokemon, contests, trick house, map flow, ect. just felt charming.

The other great thing was that I had no knowledge of the new pokemon. I was gifted the game, popped it the GBA, and discovered evolutions for myself. A feeling that is so rewarding! I wish I had restraint for the generation after.

Oh, and Milotic :)

No knowledge of Pokemon at first is called common sense so don't worry.

I started pokemon a little before the first movie. Maybe a year, I can't really remember, I just know I was pumped for the first movie. So maybe I was into pokemon for about a year before it.

I loved the 2nd Gen because it was new. I loved mostly all of the pokemon form the generation. I loved the length. I loved the anime with May and Max, but mainly May. I loved how there was 2 evil teams and not just one. And I loved the contests in the Gen 3 games. I loved everything about Gen 3. It is by far still my favorite generation.

With generation 3 I was also surprised by all the pokemon. I only knew about 10 going into the generation mainly because of the Anime.

Well both are very impressive. Gold was my favorite but fire red is my favorite now.

Hoenn is BY FAR my favorite region and my favorite generation in general. I started out actually playing the Pokemon games with Gold (back during a time where I had no idea what I was doing. For the first month of owning Gold, I had no idea how to leave New Bark Town. >.> I didn't know I had to pick one of the Pokeballs on the table.) and I owned that for awhile, and I managed to lose it right before I moved from Ohio to Arizona. I moved out here in 2003, and I got a copy of Ruby within a year of being out here. It was the first Pokemon game I played all the way through on, and I loved it. I had numerous friends who played it, and it was a blast. I remember where I was when I beat Steven for the very first time, as well as when I caught Rayquaza. I have so many fond memories from that generation. Nothing has come quite that close to my heart.

You wouldn't believe how distraught I was to wake up one morning and find the game cartridge missing from my bookshelf, never to be found again. That thing actually survived being run over by a car after it managed to end up in the street. I found it and was like, "Oh, another copy of Ruby." Then I popped it in my Gameboy, and to my surprise it was MY copy. But sadly, I never found it after it went missing from my bookshelf. :c

:( Oh no losing a game like ruby is like losing a gold :( Hope you find it soon.

Well Emerald was the first game I actually owned, so that's one of the reasons. The evil teams was a great idea to add, and the story was amazing. The new Pokemons added in gen 3 are some of my favorites (actually some of them are my favorites, such as Gardevoir and Sceptile), COLOR which was a great improvement from GSC which had color, but not much. The region of Hoenn is also amazing, and my favorite. Add all of those things up, and it shows why I like Hoenn so much :D

Emerald was also my first game.

Actually, I didn't like the gen I remakes at all. I loved the Hoenn games to bit though. Pity that there wasn't a day/night system, but that's about the only bad thing about these games. Compared to gen IV, they were so easy to play and smooth and the music was amazing and yeah.

One of the biggest reasons I love the Hoenn games (not gen III in particular though, since it was much worse in the gen I remakes) is the music. TRUMPETS, nuff said.

Yes no doubt that these music just spread the nook and crany of the world.

I really liked the coastal environment given to the 3rd Generation games. While it may not be my favourite region, Hoenn had a great array of beautiful locations, like Pacifidlog Town and Fortree City. The Hoenn region is a region of nature to me, which is something I love about R/S/E, a reason for me to keep playing them.

The addition of things like natures and abilities added more depth to battling, particularly competitive battling. I learned just how fantastic a Modest natured Espeon was in the 3rd generation games, and I'm glad those features have been expanded on in the later games. The 3rd Generation games were really inclusive in features within the Pokemon series.

Yea right. If you play these games these game become drug. I am happy to see amazing fans here ! And sorry for being unacitve these days :P

Years
The generation I remakes were mediocre at best. The leading reason why I loved generation 3 was the Hoenn region. I've probably played RSE a combined 500 times and enjoyed it every single time, which is an impressive feat considering I get bored with video games quickly. The native Pokemon, the diverse environment, the story... It's a very well put-together region. Hard to find negative things in any of the games, to be honest. :]

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Not only was Sapphire one of the first games I actually played, I have just felt that the newer generations haven't impacted me the way Sapphire and Emerald have. I honestly don't think it was just because it was my first - I replayed Emerald recently, after I had played BW, and it was still as great as I thought it was the first time. I think maybe it's because I really feel like I'm going on some sort of adventure, because we get to visit all sorts of different places (volcanoes, UNDERWATER, caves, forests, etc). Many of the Pokemon found in Hoenn are also my favorites.

bewbs

~Chloe~
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
Pokemon Collosseum and XD: Gale of Darkness were epic games for the gamecube. I hope they get remade. Also loved pokemon channel because of getting Jirachi. I also love Hoenn and gen III stuff was amazing.

Gen III video game music was amazing. I remember spending so many hours on those games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back