• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Um..Your making sound a lot harder than it is. I have inserted D/P's legends into a hack before and with editing the moves and entries were correct xD

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
Um..Your making sound a lot harder than it is. I have inserted D/P's legends into a hack before and with editing the moves and entries were correct xD

can someone please give me a tutorial on how to do this.

Winterbane

Ice Emperor
Years
Tileset Question

Is there a way to import complete tilesets from FR into Emerald?

In my region I plan to have Victory Current instead of Victory Road, a long, winding tunnel underwater which opens up at several points to above-water routes (with, obviously, trainers you can't avoid.) Thus, I need to use R/S/E, not LG/FR. However, my starting town uses the following tiles:

- Pallet Town's trees
- The Pokemon Center/Mart of LG/FR
- Cinnibar Island's lab building
- Verdanturf houses
- LG/FR mailboxes and signage

Is there a way to do this? Every time I edit a tileset and import it in AdvanceMap, when I save and exit AdvanceMap all of the new tiles simply turn black. Sorry if this question sounds extremely noobish - I suppose what I'm looking for is an easy-to-read guide which explains how to do this - creating new palette colors and making them stick, etc. - the whole process.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Well R/S/E and FR/LG use different sized tilesets so you can't just export a tileset from Fire Red and directly import it into Ruby (or whatever versions you're using). You'll have to copy the exact tiles you want and arrange them in a Ruby sized tileset.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
Years
What's the image number in unLZ number for that shadowy sorta-circle-shaped fish-blob that the trainer OW sits on while Surfing? After sifting all the way through FR on unLZ.gba, apparently I'm just not able to recognize it when I see it. :/

(And while I'm here, what are the image numbers in unLZ for the bird-shaped shadow that swoops down when you use Fly?)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
What's the image number in unLZ number for that shadowy sorta-circle-shaped fish-blob that the trainer OW sits on while Surfing? After sifting all the way through FR on unLZ.gba, apparently I'm just not able to recognize it when I see it. :/

(And while I'm here, what are the image numbers in unLZ for the bird-shaped shadow that swoops down when you use Fly?)
Well I'm not 100% on this but aren't those editable via an Overworld Editor? I'm not sure about the flying one but I'm pretty sure that the surfing one was in there. I might be wrong though.

And if it's not, then ask destinedjagold. In Rescue Rangers, he edited the surfing sprite so there has to be some way to do it.

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
Change # of Safari Balls

Does anybody know how to change the number of Safari Balls you get when you start the Safari Zone battling? I know that "special 0xCD" turns on the Safari Zone battling style and "special 0xCE" turns it off. But I can't figure out how to change the number of balls. I'm guessing it will involve some hex editing. Thanks.

Winterbane

Ice Emperor
Years
Well R/S/E and FR/LG use different sized tilesets so you can't just export a tileset from Fire Red and directly import it into Ruby (or whatever versions you're using). You'll have to copy the exact tiles you want and arrange them in a Ruby sized tileset.

However, the colors aren't the same - how do I add new palettes without AdvanceMap simply reverting and erasing them?

ckret2

Years
Well I'm not 100% on this but aren't those editable via an Overworld Editor? I'm not sure about the flying one but I'm pretty sure that the surfing one was in there. I might be wrong though.

And if it's not, then ask destinedjagold. In Rescue Rangers, he edited the surfing sprite so there has to be some way to do it.

Yeah, that's what I thought, so I checked Overworld Editor first. Only part of the surfing OW is visible in Overworld Editor. The OW sprite of the hero/ine in a sitting position is editable, but the thing that the hero/ine is sitting on isn't. Rather inconvenient.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask destinedjagold about it.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2009
I've searched other places... Im trying to play the Shiny Gold Hack and the screen wont continue after the "Greetings! This is the help system. Call me up whenever and wherever you need by pressing L or R." screen. It's frozen, and wont continue. I've tried loading it several times and it won't move past that screen. Tried some of the suggestions, nothing helps. Any ideas? I've never played a hack before...

ckret2

Years
I've searched other places... Im trying to play the Shiny Gold Hack and the screen wont continue after the "Greetings! This is the help system. Call me up whenever and wherever you need by pressing L or R." screen. It's frozen, and wont continue. I've tried loading it several times and it won't move past that screen. Tried some of the suggestions, nothing helps. Any ideas? I've never played a hack before...

Maybe your buttons are configured wrong? If you're getting the "Greetings! This is the help system" message, that only happens if you've pushed L or R, and you move on from that screen by pushing A. However, that's only on a regular Game Boy Advance. On a computer emulator like VBA (you're probably using VBA, yeah?) each button is configured to a different setting. The A and S keys are the L and R buttons, the Z and X keys are the A and B buttons, and the Enter and Delete keys are the Start and Select buttons. VBA is set up like that because the A, S, Z, and X keys are near each other, so it's easier to hit them when playing a game than it is to reach all over the key board for the actual L, R, A, and B keys.

If you're getting the "Greetings!" screen, maybe what you did is push the A key, thinking it meant the A button? Because that screen doesn't pop up automatically at the start of the game. To get past it, you have to push the Z key, because that's what VBA treats as the A button.

ckret2

Years
omg can someone PLEASE answer my cyclone question I NEED A ANSWER

Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that someone was holding a gun to your head and threatening to kill you if you don't find out the answer immediately. I'm assuming that must be going on, or else you wouldn't be so panicky, right?

You said you got a message that said "COMDsomething" is missing? That's not a Cyclone problem, that's a computer problem. Find out what that "COMDsomething" is, do a google search for it (and it might help to add on the term "help"), and there's almost guaranteed to be dozens of posts from people who have gotten that same error message, and dozens of responses for where to download those missing files and how to get them into the computer.

Do calm down when you ask questions. On average, there are more people asking questions in the Simple Question thread than there are people answering questions, and sometimes you won't get an answer. It's nothing worth raising your blood pressure over, because really, you aren't going to die if you don't get an answer ASAP.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2014
sorry for extra post but heres my question. I started playing a partly hacked version of fire red on gpsp, saving using the save slot function. my question is, is it possible for me to move my updated version of the hack and continue playing from my last save?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
However, the colors aren't the same - how do I add new palettes without AdvanceMap simply reverting and erasing them?
You can do one of two things:
1. Export the Ruby tilesets and then manually go over them with FR colors in Paint
2. Import a FR palette into Ruby and then export the Ruby tileset

The problem with the second option is that while Ruby and Fire Red have similar palettes, there are some slight differences which might cause problems. But going over a bunch of tiles with only a slightly different color in Paint isn't the most enjoyable task either. It's really up to you.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2013
Hey, can someone give me the offsets of Kadabra and Scyther in Pokemon Crystal in a format similar to the one on PG 301?
Also, a list of pokemon offsets would be great
Thanks
P.S tried searching but couldn't find any (helpful) results

Pokepal17

More cowbell~
Years
Yeah, that's what I thought, so I checked Overworld Editor first. Only part of the surfing OW is visible in Overworld Editor. The OW sprite of the hero/ine in a sitting position is editable, but the thing that the hero/ine is sitting on isn't. Rather inconvenient.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll ask destinedjagold about it.

Use Tile Molester :P I can't remember the offset though :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back