• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Pokemon Odyssey: A New Beginning (T) [OOC +SU)

What would you like more of in this Roleplay?

• Fighting. More fighting!

Votes: 6 11.8%
  • Character interaction. Get to know each other more.

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Deeper storyline: more drama, more comedy, more romance.

Votes: 17 33.3%
  • Side stories. A few adventures away from the main plot.

Votes: 12 23.5%
  • More flexible plot. Plot decided in part by the RPers.

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • The Roleplay is fine as is.

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.9%

• Total voters

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
He... isn't... really active in this fight. Remember. You flew away.

Here:
91233442.png

Last edited:

Claire*

Here's to the crazy ones.
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
This may be a silly question, and maybe I didn't notice. What is the real world era equivalent to the events happening now? More middle ages type correct? Just wanted to double check. :D

Excuse my blonde moment...

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I believe that's about right. So far the explosives and the Hyper Beam cannons are the most advanced technology I've seen in the game.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Yeah, that's what had me curious as to the time period. :\

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 9, 2024
Well, even though it seems like Middle Ages, I don't think it actually is (from what SV has told me). It's the Pokemon World; you can't really compare the eras for many reasons.

WAIT... YOU ARE BLONDE!!!

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Ray Maverick is right. There really isn't an 'age' equivalent here, since there's bits and pieces of different eras. I blended parts of the Middle Ages with bits of technology and a few other things yet to be shown, and I blended them all into Odyssey. So, it's quite difficult to say exactly which time period this is based on.

Also, excellent picture, NecrumWarrior!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Thank you SV!

And also, I kind of see it as a kind of general fantasy setting.

Looks like RP Olympics Medals are out! I was quite surprised with the results. The entries that I didn't expect to win with, won. and, my parody, which I was hoping to win with, didn't place. Probably not a great idea to use subject matter that only the players of Odyssey would get. Oh well. I personally thought the Silver winner was better than the Gold winner, but whatever.

However, I am very pleased to say that Pokemon Odyssey: Dragon Blood won Silver in the Short Story section, AND Gold in the Character section. I don't know which character they were judging, but I'm still happy.

Caught In a Loop, my Escape entry took Bronze. I was pretty worried about it's quality, but rather liked it.

And finally, World Unknown, my least favorite entry, took the Gold in Sci-Fi! I was really upset with the Escape premise, because afterword I thought I was all Sci-Fied out. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
Congrats Necrum! I was too scared to post in the RP Olympics this go around. I always think my work sucks, lol. :P

Also, I wanted to apologize if my newest post was *cough*...long... >.>

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Well, great job Necrum. I also placed but don't care about the medals. Just glad to have participated is all! :D

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
@Claire Wow. You are way more evil than I expected... Pikachu... Reduced to ash... Priceless unintended Anime references.

@Greiger I apologize if I come off a little braggy, but I was quite excited to have won at all, since I'm pretty new to the forum. I was not expecting two Golds.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Nah, it's all good man! You're expected to brag! I just suck at bragging. :P Couldn't brag if my life depend on it, but go ahead and bask in the glory. You earned it after all! :D

SV

See You Space Cowboy
Years
  • Seen Feb 7, 2022
Yes, congrats to you Necrum and Greiger. I'm especially pleased that your short story won. Way to go an represent our RP!

I was also a bit upset about the Parody turn-out. I thought yours was by far the funniest, but I suppose that may have been a bit biased because it was Odyssey. Still, I'm happy you did well in this.

@Claire*- No need to apologize for a long post! I welcome it! xD

Also, I wanted to let everyone know that subplots are always welcome in the RP. The great thing about Odyssey is that it is very adaptable, so if you would like to see something happen involving any of your characters later on, or if you want to add in a bit of your own creativity, say with a place you can invent, or something of that nature, feel free to send me a PM so we may discuss! I always welcome RPers' ideas.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
@Necrum - Haha, I was hoping it wasn't 'too' evil. I had to tone it down from my original concept.

@SV - Ok, just checking. Sometimes I get carried away with an idea and can't stop typing... I'll be sure to talk to you about any future subplots if I happen to desire one later on. :D

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Alright guys, sorry for taking a while to post, but I'll have it up by today.

I had a little bit of writer's block on this, so I'll come up with ideas at school today.

Claire*

Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Apr 29, 2013
I'm not one to normally complain about such things, but heretostay, didn't your post involve quite a bit of god modding? I mean, normally player characters get a chance to avoid attacks and stuff...

Just wondering if I was incorrect.

Back