• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
what? the maps are really bad?? NO WAY!! these maps are just perfect!! this hack is the best, it's my favourite!! keep up good work!! it's great!!
Do you have to yell so much? *rubs ears* That sounded kinda spammy...
I'll try to throw together some Miltank OWs, Zel. KUTAW!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yeah, yeah. I know my maps aren't, as some people could call, great. Just remember I'm not mainly a mapper. I'm mainly a scripter (learning to map, weird, eh?).
Besides, I'm trying to fix a few maps for the next release (but there's gonna be more... glitches?... in my new maps, that's for sure). I fixed some other stuff like being able to walk behind houses (not all of them).

Well, work is being delayed till Thursday. That allows spriters to keep working on a Miltank. That sprite is necessary to keep going and for me to finish the beta.

That's all, see ya later!

[EDIT] Oops, once again I forgot one question, even though dipset4ever already answered, I'm just confirming it. There wont be 4th generation poke. Wait... My memory says I already said this? (That's right I did!)

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
I dont think I can,but if I recall the miltank sprite in the original GS didnt have a back sprite and I think it would be better if it didnt ave a side and back sprite,it would be less work.

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
Years
I dont think I can,but if I recall the miltank sprite in the original GS didnt have a back sprite and I think it would be better if it didnt ave a side and back sprite,it would be less work.
That's true that the Pokémon had no back/side OWs in G/S/C, but in this remake, there should be OWs for all sides, since this is an Advance port. FR/LG had back/side OWs that R/G/B/Y didn't, so the trend should be held.

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
Years
hey there Zel!

I have been following this hack for a while and I thought since you said you weren't too flash with mapping, I thought I'd offer to help out.

I mapped for Amnesiahacker's cancelled Ruby gold remake.

I'll make you a few maps later if you like you know, as a sample of work. If you are not interested that's fine.

I'll post maps later.

Cheers

Snrub

P.S This looks like the only G/S remake that looks like getting finished. You seem to be an excellent scripter so keep it up! I don't even really understand what scripting is and I'm stumped what you do with Rubikon, ScriptEd or a hex editor! :P

EDIT: Here is my Mahogany map I just made. The black squares are for those little Headbutt trees. If there is anything you'd like me to change to make the map look better, just tell me. Also, tell me if you'd like me to help do mapping for this hack. Even better, send me a Private Message. You can use this Mahogany map if you like. If you want me to insert the map for you, maybe you can e-mail me the game file and I can insert the map.
zomgitsmahoganyew9.png

EDIT #2: If you'd like me to make another map, just ask. I'm better at routes that towns/cities.

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
That's true that the Pokémon had no back/side OWs in G/S/C, but in this remake, there should be OWs for all sides, since this is an Advance port. FR/LG had back/side OWs that R/G/B/Y didn't, so the trend should be held.

That's right. I'd like the pokes that aren't legendary or one-of-a-kind that I put in the game to have their OW sprites for front, back, and sides (no animation, of course). That may be difficult, but if there are good spriters somewhere, that may test their skills! :)

hey there Zel!

I have been following this hack for a while and I thought since you said you weren't too flash with mapping, I thought I'd offer to help out.

I mapped for Amnesiahacker's cancelled Ruby gold remake.

I'll make you a few maps later if you like you know, as a sample of work. If you are not interested that's fine.

I'll post maps later.

Cheers

Snrub

Thanks for the help offered, Mr.Snub. I have done a good amount of maps by now, and there aren't too many maps left to do (that's what I think). So for now, I'd only need people to contribute by telling me what should be fixed in my maps. Then again, I'm not caring too much about that aspect right now, since, as many times I said, scripting comes first (that's harder to fix than mapping). Thanks anyway!

Years
EDIT: Here is my Mahogany map I just made. The black squares are for those little Headbutt trees. If there is anything you'd like me to change to make the map look better, just tell me. Also, tell me if you'd like me to help do mapping for this hack. Even better, send me a Private Message. You can use this Mahogany map if you like. If you want me to insert the map for you, maybe you can e-mail me the game file and I can insert the map.
zomgitsmahoganyew9.png

EDIT #2: If you'd like me to make another map, just ask. I'm better at routes that towns/cities.

Uhh... you screwed up on the Gym also, the sides should be 4 squares up/down alltogether on each side, and you have only 3 on each side, looks funny,

Anyway, any progress report Zel?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hmm... A progress report... Not too much till Thursday. I'm changing the hero's OW for the next beta. If by Thursday I dont get a Miltank, I'll use sena82's sprite (at least temporarily, I'd like to get a sprite with back and sides too). With that, I'll finish the beta, so I'll take screenshots. Then continue mapping and scripting (this weekend) till I reach Cianwood.

All of this means, next week I should start (hopefully) posting screenshots again!

Mr Snrub

I bark therefore I am
Years
Uhh... you screwed up on the Gym also, the sides should be 4 squares up/down alltogether on each side, and you have only 3 on each side, looks funny,

Anyway, any progress report Zel?
I am aware of that. My map is block-by-block carbon copy of Gold.

If you'd like me to correct that, it's easy, I'll just have to extend the map about 1 or 2 blocks and stretch the path in the middle.

You know, I'll do that now. I'll post the new map in a minute. Hopefully the new one is enough to tickle Zel's fancy

EDIT: I've just read Zel's post, so Iguess I don't need to do another one.

EDIT #2: Zel, if there are any maps that need doing, just ask. I'm more than happy to help

martijn

HeartGold & Collosseum
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 28, 2016
Hi, great work on this hack, zel! It's one off the best hacks I've seen yet. :)
Just a suggestion, even though some other games have been made for this, but would it be an idea to add the Orange Islands in? It would fit better with the series' GS Ball storyline and all. And could you perhaps put in some other islands, towns seen in the series?
As a sidenote: I know you can get all the Pokemon in this game, but are the Ruins of Alph a good location to get Igglybuff?
Anyway, keep up the good work!
*** adding a bookmark ***
Edit: One more thing, you can't use an Escape Rope in Sprout Tower...
Edit2: Whoohooh! I've just encountered a lvl 1 Mudkip in Union Cave(?)!

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
There, I finished the basic spriting of the new hero OW. I'll post it:

newheroowrj8.png

Now it looks more hero-ish, dont you think? I just need to finish its sprites for surfing and fishing. Well, I'll post the rest of the sprites when I take the screenshots.

I may try to sprite a Miltank myself later, dont know how good it'll be (if I dont pull out a good one, I'll use sena's)

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2020
Awesome job so far, zel! Keep up the good work.
I see sena82 keeps posting sprites and other stuff as his/her own work or his friend's when they're not his/hers. For example, the hero and heroine's backsprites sena82 posted are made by Gridiron and many other graphics made by other members. So I think sena82 should stop posting other's work saying it's his/hers and if he/she posts graphics sena82 should post who made them so that zel can give the proper credit if he uses them.

Superkid11

Covered in Shroomish
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Great hack. I've played up to Azalia town and beat the rival there. I have a level 16 Bayleef and level 17 Flaafy and level 14 Pidgey on my team currently. (Oh and the egg.)

Can't wait for the next beta release. :) Keep up the awesome work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back