• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
New RP?! YAY!

I think modern stuff is gettin' quite old so I'd say a middle-age RP (with magic and stuff 8D) would be cool imo..
*already has characters in mind*

I'd like to see another non-modern RP as well. I'm back now, by the way.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
@RHCP: Welcome back!

Would anyone be up for a classic Journey RP? I have a strange urge to play one.

Ima makin' one... or... well, I made one, I just haven't submitted it yet :|
I'm a little unsure about it now though, but, I'll have to try... okay... should I submit it now?

-Nocturnal

Vengeance.
Years
indeed modern RPs are going well. But well percy includes greek mythology and magic so that might be viable actually. Combined with pokemon-nvm that might not work lol. just brainstorming as usual.

Years
If another RP with the exact same name and plot is found off-site on another forum, is it considered 'stolen'? I think that the GMs are both the same but I'm not sure, thus I'm asking here. >.<"

Nakuzami

Years
If another RP with the exact same name and plot is found off-site on another forum, is it considered 'stolen'? I think that the GMs are both the same but I'm not sure, thus I'm asking here. >.<"

Uh... if the GMs are different people and they didn't have the original GMs permission, then yes. Right?

Anywho, I posted mah RP! I hope that this one does not crash and burn... :'(

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
I have a few ideas for RPs but I don't know if they are any good:

1. A free-roam Pokemon Journey RP

2. A Mafia RP (With or without Pokemon)

3. Fallout RP (Or something similar)

4. Zombie apocalypse RP

5. Star Wars KoTOR RP

6. Halo RP

7. A Hitman RP

8. A Space RP

Are any of these ideas good?

Nakuzami

Years

4. Zombie apocalypse RP

5. Star Wars KoTOR RP

6. Halo RP

7. A Hitman RP

8. A Space RP

1. A little like mine :3 It could work, but I hez come to a realization that Journey RPs from the very beginning are not as successful.

2, 3, 7, 8. Depends on the plot and everything. They might be okay.

4. It's been done, twice since I've been here. There's still one going on. I'm sure it could work out though.

5. Not sure what the KoTOR stands for, but a Star Wars RP sounds... plausible.

6. Ew, Halo... I personally wouldn't join, but I know other would.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

4. Zombie apocalypse RP

5. Star Wars KoTOR RP

6. Halo RP

7. A Hitman RP

8. A Space RP

I would join 2,3,4,6,7 and maybe 5.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024

Most often, it's the same person. Look at some of the posts and try to see if they write in a similar manner. But if you really suspect it, I will close down the RP (if the second one was made on PC) until the creator can present proof that they are the same.

Also, I might think about joining a KOTOR RP.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
And then I had an idea for a pokemon adventure roleplay set in medieval times, or perhaps even "pre-historic" times.

...Too bad I don't have the attention span to be joining any more roleplays (Like, anywhere.) let alone GMing one. |D Perhaps once I've finished a roleplay. For now I will simply plot what that new one might be.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
And then I had an idea for a pokemon adventure roleplay set in medieval times, or perhaps even "pre-historic" times.

...Too bad I don't have the attention span to be joining any more roleplays (Like, anywhere.) let alone GMing one. |D Perhaps once I've finished a roleplay. For now I will simply plot what that new one might be.
You could tell your ideas to someone else and co-host the RP. That way you could be absent in periods of time and still have somebody running the RP.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
It's a thought, but I'm in quite a handful of RPs across various sites. I don't intend to become one of those people who joins more RPs than they can handle and then just sort of fails to keep up with all of them. xD So I'm being very careful about which if any I do join at this point and time.

Besides, I'm still new to this section of the forum and its members. I wouldn't know who to go to.

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
An Idea for the Mafia RP:

The Tales of Lost Heaven (PG-17)

Plot:

Welcome to the City of Lost Heaven. The City has been known as a center for trade and commerce. But, there is a lot of criminal activity, including Mafia families, Chinese Triads and other criminals and low-lifes. The City has been working hard to double the amount of Police in the City. In other words, Lost Heaven has been transformed into a borderline war zone. The hope amongst some citizens of Lost Heaven is that the Criminals will kill each other off. Others know about how efficient organizations have the abilities to recruit more members. The City needs a resolution but no one has stepped up. Will the criminal activity subside? Or, will the City of Lost Heaven be engulfed by Law-breakers?

You:

You are a citizen in Lost Heaven. Either a member of one of the Mafia Families in Lost Heaven, a member of the Chinese Triad, a criminal not affiliated with the Triads or the Mafia or a member of the Lost Heaven Law Enforcement.

What do you think of the plot?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
An Idea for the Mafia RP:

The Tales of Lost Heaven (PG-17)

Plot:

Welcome to the City of Lost Heaven. The City has been known as a center for trade and commerce. But, there is a lot of criminal activity, including Mafia families, Chinese Triads and other criminals and low-lifes. The City has been working hard to double the amount of Police in the City. In other words, Lost Heaven has been transformed into a borderline war zone. The hope amongst some citizens of Lost Heaven is that the Criminals will kill each other off. Others know about how efficient organizations have the abilities to recruit more members. The City needs a resolution but no one has stepped up. Will the criminal activity subside? Or, will the City of Lost Heaven be engulfed by Law-breakers?

You:

You are a citizen in Lost Heaven. Either a member of one of the Mafia Families in Lost Heaven, a member of the Chinese Triad, a criminal not affiliated with the Triads or the Mafia or a member of the Lost Heaven Law Enforcement.

What do you think of the plot?

It's too short. I'm generally allowing when it comes to plot length in RPs, but there has to be some limit. It seems like parallelzero rejected some RPs here because the plot was just about your length. Honestly I've never been able to write up a plot that short; when I write plots and backgrounds, it sort of automatically goes on for several paragraphs.

Explain more about the city! Explain the circumstances more vividly. Who "rules" the city officially? Maybe you could present the different factions more properly. And you should have more plot than just "go out and take over stuff and kill people who aren't on your side". When would the RP end? Maybe implement a story about a family that leads up to all this mess? Somethingsomething etc.

By the way... would anyone like to create a Roleplay Awards thread for July? If it's not up soon, I think we should make one for August instead.

Last edited:

Yagerbomb

←Apple Jack
Years
It's too short. I'm generally allowing when it comes to plot length in RPs, but there has to be some limit. It seems like parallelzero rejected some RPs here because the plot was just about your length. Honestly I've never been able to write up a plot that short; when I write plots and backgrounds, it sort of automatically goes on for several paragraphs.

Explain more about the city! Explain the circumstances more vividly. Who "rules" the city officially? Maybe you could present the different factions more properly. And you should have more plot than just "go out and take over stuff and kill people who aren't on your side". When would the RP end? Maybe implement a story about a family that leads up to all this mess? Somethingsomething etc.

By the way... would anyone like to create a Roleplay Awards thread for July? If it's not up soon, I think we should make one for August instead.

I haven't finished the plot yet but that is what I typed today, but it is still under construction. But, I will take your advice in order to make my plot better.

And, if you need me to, I could make the RP award thread.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I haven't finished the plot yet but that is what I typed today, but it is still under construction. But, I will take your advice in order to make my plot better.

And, if you need me to, I could make the RP award thread.

If you like, type up a RPA post and PM me it so I can look it over before you post it~

And Nocturnal, coding isn't needed to make a post look good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back