• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Survey: First hack you've ever played?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 12, 2016
The first Hack I ever played was Pokemon Ash Gray.. Thanks to Metapod23 for his glorious hack :). I loved the way he had adapted the anime and I really LOVED IT!!!!!

Years
My first Pokémon related ROM hack was either Brown or Shiny Gold, back when both were still fairly new and HeartGold and SoulSilver weren't a thing at the time. I don't remember much of my experience with Brown but I do recall having some decent level of fun with Shiny Gold and impressed what Zel could do with the FRLG engine(although nowadays I guess it'd be seen as a bit pedestrian).

I don't remember my first actual ROM hack that I've played but I'd probably wager it was either Super Demo World or The Second Reality Project, Super Mario World ROM hacks. Never got very far in either of them due to their above average difficulty and having to rely on a keyboard to play them, but they did seem cool at the time.

ImmortalDusk

Pokemon Gamer
Years
I can't even remember where to start, but I'm gonna give a little history...

First Experience with Emulators:
When I was in Culinary School, a friend of mine was playing Crystal on his laptop, and I was bewildered. I asked how he was playing and he showed me the site (I can't remember but I know it wasn't Vizzed)

A couple weeks later, one of my other friends was playing Diamond on his computer, and I asked if it was on the site-that-I-don't-remember and he told me no. He then began to open my eyes to the wonderful world of Emulation.

First Pokemon Rom Hack:
I'm pretty sure it was either Touhomon or Pokemon Crono.

I thought Touhomon was really cute, but unfortunately do to my horrible attention span and the fact that it was just a replacement, I eventually dropped it.

Pokemon Crono...I have so many issues because of this hack. It was amazing, but as far as I could tell, when I first downloaded it I'm guessing the only available version was the Alpha. This ROM hack was single-handedly my inspiration to get into ROM hacking, this was what I had aspired to accomplish, and it's the reason I want to try my hand at making my own custom map tiles because I thought it was insanely beautiful.

Well, I've probably typed up an eyeful that I'm not even sure people will actually be interested in.

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
My first was Pokemon Brown and to this day it is my favorite rom hack of all time and is the reason I wanted to learn how to hack roms create my own storyline and the works. Later I found pokemon light platinum and it made me want to hack pokemon roms even more! And now I am creating a rom hack with ImmortalDusk called Pokemon Guardian of the Sacred Temple.!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 24, 2023
The first ever ROM Hack I played was Pokemon Shiny Gold Version (Zel). That was way back when I was just an 8-year old innocent child. I bought it from a game store. Yes, I was ripped off, I didn't know, and to be honest, I think the merchants don't even know what hacks are as well. They sell, Pokemon Sea Blue, Naranja and there was another one I can't remember. Ah~ The first time I've been decieved dealt a great pain to me when I discovered ROM Hacking. -.-"

Back