• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
Oh, wow. It worked!?

Better go PM the other guy who was having the problem. never expected that to fix the problem.

Tell me if you get any errors using that new RPG_RT. I haven't tested it with that.

No errors, the game ran pretty well. All the things I noticed are things that you have mentioned yourself, although there are quite a few grammatical and spelling errors.

Also, the same control problems would happen from time to time when I started up the game, but I could never cause them, nor could I figure out what was causing them. A good restart seemed to fix them every time, however.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
The website and the blog are fine...
Check the link in DarkDoom's sig.
(I believe the URL changed, though.)

The website and the blog are fine...
Check the link in DarkDoom's sig.
(I believe the URL changed, though.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
A blast to play!

I enjoyed this game a ton! I got to the end and still grinded Eevee to level 99 before I stopped.

I have no experience with the workings of RPGMaker, but I'd imagine that having to twist and bend the rules governing the FF-style battle system into a Pokemon-styled one must be a real pain. It's rather fun to see that this game not only didn't bother with that, but made the best of it to suit the rest of the game. The Eevee gimmick worked wonders for the enjoyment of this game, too. You played out the position of your creation being a fangame to its full potential.

A few problems I noticed with the game itself:

-Lots of typos. I'm sure this has to have been pointed out already.
-the berry master can sometimes take all your berries and leave you with no berry juice if you didn't have enough for one juice.
-Every time a Manman export is done, and I leave the pokecenter, I can't ride my bike.
-Rainbow Tower:
*Quite a few of the redeeming stands don't seem to work, such as the disc prizes or the manman upgrades. (buying a health bonus boosts both item and health bonus, buying every other bonus seemingly does nothing except waste your credits, same thing with disks)
*Every subsequent time you play Safari Zone, you start off with a few points, instead of 0. As you keep playing, this starting number can increase, and you get the credits at the end of every game.
*It's possible to have negative credits. I pulled up a mutant in the crane game for my first try, and then pulled up a beneficial item (I think it was fried chicken) on my second try, which resulted in me getting not the actual yield amount of its points, but something less that I specifically remember was the addition of the fried chicken's positive points, and the mutant's negative ones.
-In traveling, I always seem to find myself running out of PP and despite that have full HP for everyone on my team. The result is that most of my trips to the pokecenter are for PP only, or else I will have to face through the long, drawn out battle of struggling my way through every single enemy that can't do sufficient damage in return anyway. Maybe I don't watch my PP or something, but I've found it much easier just to get myself knocked down to Limit, and go from there. Bosses do require full attention, though.

Also, it might be a good idea to make the Eevee form change mechanic less of a pokemon change mechanic, since each eevee form will still hold its own status problems (and presumably its own stat changes too). Blinded Eevee switched to Vaporeon will be cured of its blindness, but get blinded again when it switches back. The same thing goes for permanent stat boosters, which don't boost the stat of eevee itself but just a form of it.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
^ wow, thanks :D

very good points, the problems should be fixed in the next version.
Also, it might be a good idea to make the Eevee form change mechanic less of a pokemon change mechanic, since each eevee form will still hold its own status problems (and presumably its own stat changes too). Blinded Eevee switched to Vaporeon will be cured of its blindness, but get blinded again when it switches back. The same thing goes for permanent stat boosters, which don't boost the stat of eevee itself but just a form of it.
Good ideas. annnd... Done. Status changes get carried through eevee forms and stat increasing items will effect all forms of eevee.

--
Enemy Pokemon
I've decided to do a 1:1 stat calculation on enemy pokemon. Meaning, they will have the exact same stats as you if at same levels.
you can no go toe-to-toe with a pokemon of the same level and expect to get your ass kicked.
Their attack pattens are also a bit more comples (ie: using rage or leech life when low health)

Break and Limit

Before, you might have seen enemy pokemon do a "Recharge" move. they do that when they run out of PP to recover it.

Now, when an enemy pokemon runs out of PP, they will do "Break" It'll send them into break status, meaning for 3 turns, they cannot do an action, but they'll recover 25% PP each turn. This makes the enemies PP stat actually matter, pokemon with low PP will find themselves breaking more often, giving you quite an advantage.

Also, Corrupted Pokemon can now go "Limit" status (like your pokemon) when they reach 25% HP or less. It'll double their speed and regenerate their PP slowly.
---
The rebalance has also expanded a bit. For one; I've made a custom encoutner system. This allows me to change enconters and such. like....

Night Encounters

Enemy encounters change depending on time of day, at night you'll fight more night active pokemon (hoothoots, poochyenas, houndours, treeckos, etc)Night should also bring out higher leveled pokemon. to make it more natural Day/Night now is cyclic. every x(amount undetermined) steps, the time will change from day to night. (still only activates only after you've obtained the D/N system

Initiative

You can also get an advantage on wild battles. When a wild battle is about to start, the screen will flash, if you press the Confirm button fast enough, you'll stat a suprise battle- meaning your team will have a filled ATB bar, and the enemy will stall.
Also, if you enter a suprise battle; the chances of encountering a shiny double.
Bike
When using bike, encounter rates are increased. to balance out the bike. Can also work to your advantage if you're grinding.

Updated bait spots

Before, when you put a rare candy down, there was around 1/3 chance that the pokemon will appear when you re-enter the map the bait spot is on.
Now, the game random checks the bait spot every time you transition to another map (when the message at the top appears to tell you the location)
If you are in another map, and the chance is good- the pokemon appears, it will stay there until you battle, regardless of how far away you are.
As suggested by Alster26, the map now shows where you've planted bait, and whether theres a pokemon there. The chance of the bait being successful is reduced to accomidate that.

If you want to see all the changes so far check here.

The rebalance is currently up to route 2. will take a while to get all the places done.

I've also encountered an error. The game crashes when you enter a battle. not sure why. Im currently investigaing it, but rm2k3 errors are hard fix.
Weirdly, it doesn't effect a new game. So you will likely have to start a new game next version. :(

Also. What do you guys think about me increasing the amount EXP needed to level up eevee(all forms). It still seems to be leveling up too fast.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Long post followed by big update means another long post :D

Good ideas. annnd... Done. Status changes get carried through eevee forms and stat increasing items will effect all forms of eevee.

Will the EXP -> $$ hold item work for all forms of Eevee, or does it already?

Enemy Pokemon
I've decided to do a 1:1 stat calculation on enemy pokemon. Meaning, they will have the exact same stats as you if at same levels.
you can no go toe-to-toe with a pokemon of the same level and expect to get your ass kicked.
Their attack pattens are also a bit more comples (ie: using rage or leech life when low health)

Does this include things like using stat changing moves at the beginning of battles and using the strongest move available?
It sounds like this might be a little bit of a challenge :)

Break and Limit

Before, you might have seen enemy pokemon do a "Recharge" move. they do that when they run out of PP to recover it.

Now, when an enemy pokemon runs out of PP, they will do "Break" It'll send them into break status, meaning for 3 turns, they cannot do an action, but they'll recover 25% PP each turn. This makes the enemies PP stat actually matter, pokemon with low PP will find themselves breaking more often, giving you quite an advantage.

Also, Corrupted Pokemon can now go "Limit" status (like your pokemon) when they reach 25% HP or less. It'll double their speed and regenerate their PP slowly.

Corrupted Pokes can go 'Limit' but will Gym Leader's pokes and AI's be able to go 'Limit' as well?

The rebalance has also expanded a bit. For one; I've made a custom encoutner system. This allows me to change enconters and such. like....

Night Encounters
Enemy encounters change depending on time of day, at night you'll fight more night active pokemon (hoothoots, poochyenas, houndours, treeckos, etc)Night should also bring out higher leveled pokemon. to make it more natural Day/Night now is cyclic. every x(amount undetermined) steps, the time will change from day to night. (still only activates only after you've obtained the D/N system

Just make sure that you specify in the Pokemon Location spreadsheet what time of day that pokemon is available at.
Will there be different pokemon available in the Old/New modes or did the Old/New option get tossed?

Initiative
You can also get an advantage on wild battles. When a wild battle is about to start, the screen will flash, if you press the Confirm button fast enough, you'll stat a suprise battle- meaning your team will have a filled ATB bar, and the enemy will stall.
Also, if you enter a suprise battle; the chances of encountering a shiny double.

The flashing screen will replace the 1 in X chance of a surprise battle? Sounds good, especially since I like me some shiny pokes.

Bike
When using bike, encounter rates are increased. to balance out the bike. Can also work to your advantage if you're grinding.

Updated bait spots

Before, when you put a rare candy down, there was around 1/3 chance that the pokemon will appear when you re-enter the map the bait spot is on.
Now, the game random checks the bait spot every time you transition to another map (when the message at the top appears to tell you the location)
If you are in another map, and the chance is good- the pokemon appears, it will stay there until you battle, regardless of how far away you are.
As suggested by Alster26, the map now shows where you've planted bait, and whether theres a pokemon there. The chance of the bait being successful is reduced to accomidate that.

How will the map show planted bait?

I've also encountered an error. The game crashes when you enter a battle. not sure why. Im currently investigaing it, but rm2k3 errors are hard fix.
Weirdly, it doesn't effect a new game. So you will likely have to start a new game next version. :(

Since you completely revamped the battle system, base stats, and the wild encounter system, I'd be amazed if I didn't have to restart for 0.7

Also. What do you guys think about me increasing the amount EXP needed to level up eevee(all forms). It still seems to be leveling up too fast.

I think that it makes sense in terms of the plot that your Eevee (and it's forms) would be the strongest poke on your party. Especially since it's a permanent member of your party.
Don't forget that there is an EXP -> $$ hold item for Eevee if it doesn't need to level up.

DarkDoom3000

Years
answers in bold ;)
Long post followed by big update means another long post :D

Will the EXP -> $$ hold item work for all forms of Eevee, or does it already?
Already works for all forms

Does this include things like using stat changing moves at the beginning of battles and using the strongest move available?
It sounds like this might be a little bit of a challenge :)
Low leveled pokemon won't have much of a stragety, but higher levels can do tatics like that.

Corrupted Pokes can go 'Limit' but will Gym Leader's pokes and AI's be able to go 'Limit' as well?
Probably not gym leader pokemons.
AIs might, but they already get huge stat boosts when they switch forms as it is.
Pokemon in the upcomming Battle Zone will often make use of clever strageties.

Just make sure that you specify in the Pokemon Location spreadsheet what time of day that pokemon is available at.
will do.
Will there be different pokemon available in the Old/New modes or did the Old/New option get tossed?

Not sure about different pokemon in new/old yet. I probably won't unless I run out of places to put pokemon in (unlikely).

The flashing screen will replace the 1 in X chance of a surprise battle? Sounds good, especially since I like me some shiny pokes.
Yeah, thats exactly what it does actually :).
It's nice, because the whole team will start with full ATB bars, you can wipe out enemies within a few seconds if you're strong enough.

How will the map show planted bait?
Just a small pink icon, like the bait when it's placed on a bait spot. It'll turn into a pokeball icon when theres a corrupted pokemon on it.

I think that it makes sense in terms of the plot that your Eevee (and it's forms) would be the strongest poke on your party. Especially since it's a permanent member of your party.
Don't forget that there is an EXP -> $$ hold item for Eevee if it doesn't need to level up.
I might not need to worry about Eevee's EXP because...

I found a glitch. Apperently, Eevee gains a bunch of EXP in battle when forms are switched. totally due to really poor programming on my part (i must've been half asleep when i did that)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2015
This is an awesome game, but... what's a "remove"? I just received a "remove" from the Man-Man 2000.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
This is an awesome game, but... what's a "remove"? I just received a "remove" from the Man-Man 2000.

It's a hold item that will boost defense by twenty points. I'm not sure why it's called remove, but it's one of the best junk items in the game (so far).

Speaking of which,
@DarkDoom: what's the refining system look like for 0.7? I vaguely remember you saying something about editing/improving it, but I didn't see it in that long post of yours. I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come out until 0.8 or a later demo, but I am curious.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Didn't "remove" have a description of "gold plated armor" or am I thinking of a different item? Maybe it's unfinished or something. Is it meant to be there?

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Didn't "remove" have a description of "gold plated armor" or am I thinking of a different item? Maybe it's unfinished or something. Is it meant to be there?

Yes, the description for it is "Golden armor", which leads me to believe that it's supposed to be there, just with a different name than 'remove'. The only way to get it in 0.6 (I believe) is through the Man-Man.

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
It was once a normal item, but either became redundant, got replaced or moved. i named it remove; incase someone manages to somehow obtain it, which you have. must make sure manamn doesn't give it out again.

Speaking of which,
@DarkDoom: what's the refining system look like for 0.7? I vaguely remember you saying something about editing/improving it, but I didn't see it in that long post of yours. I wouldn't mind if it doesn't come out until 0.8 or a later demo, but I am curious.
Ah yeah.

Revamped refining system.

Basically, im ditching the grid based system. Refining will now be presented in a skill tree like system. Though it functions basically the same, It's much easier to understand. ie: heres the main grass tree.

grasstree.png

Pokemon drop various levels of junk depending on their evolution level, and you can refine that into multiple items. The same template will be used for most of the types.
the ratios aren't finalised yet- I might lower them for the beta so people can refine easilier.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Refining might be easier now. With a flow chart for us to follow we can make things while knowing where it will take us

DarkDoom3000

Years
I haven't been too active as It's nearing the end of the simester, so I've got lots of work. (5 assignments, 3 tests in the next two weeks) But I have been slowly working on 0.7.

Like I've said its been greatly expanded from a normal content update to a refreshening of the game.

Because I changed a lot of stuff (Item indexes, wild encounter system, enemy balance) every point in the game where you vs an enemy, or get an item is now glitched up (ie: every time you're meant to get a potion you get a tetra elemental) So, i have to systematically go through the game and fix everything. to kill 2 birds with one stone; Im also documenting everything in a new walkthrough.

Anyways, tl;dr- lots of work. but plenty of payoff.

The rebalance feels great. Actually feels a bit hard at first, lv3 caterpies can kill lv5 jolteon in 5 turns or so. Actually had to give the player lots of potions at the start.

Now some new features that I've made over the last week:

Updated Limit System.

I loved FF8, one of the awesome things was it's limitbreak system, when low on HP, you could use a limitbreak- a powerful attack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1C9WTuNPPE
It was a really cool feature and made training less of a grind, Since you could defeat enemies quickly if you got them before they got you.

So now SPEE is gonna have limitbreaks too. basically, when you're in limit status, your speed is already doubled, but you have a chance that Struggle will be replaced with Limitbreak. the chance increases the lower your HP is (1/4 chance at 25% hp)
A limitbreak costs no PP, But deals, around 500 damage.

Currently all pokemon have the same limitbreak (based on FF8 one, even the sound effects are ripped from it) but I want to have 1 limit per type. or somehting like that.

Battle Music Changer

This feature sorta already existed, but most people didn't know how to work it.
Theres a radio in the main charcter's room, now when you click on it, you can change battle music. It'll have it's own proper menu and it will be much easier to navigate.
I have battle music from FF1-8, and some classic pokemon battle music too.
Now, you can set a main theme and an alt theme.
You can also select the play mode.
Normal- It will play the main theme in battle, but the alt theme if you mange to get a suprise battle.
AlternatingThe battle music will alternate between main and alt. So you get into one fight, you'll have the main music, then in your next battle you'll get the alt music.
ShuffleThis will just randomly select music each time you get into battle.

Really great if you find yourself getting bored of the Man with Machine gun default battle music. Or if you want to hear the other themes more (XDR's battle music: J-E-N-O-V-A AC remix is awesome)

Trainer ID Number
I've been learining about encryption at uni, and put some of skills to use, Trainer ID will now display a Trainer ID number; yeah. big woop.
Except now, at the rainbow tower, you'll be able to enter in someone elses trainer ID to get free items. The more closely accoiated the trainer ID, the rarer the item(ie: the closer the numbers are.)

I wouldn't try guessing either, theres 10,000,000 combinations, but only 50,000 valid trainer IDs. thats a 0.5% (ie: 1 in 200) chance of the fake ID being valid.

Optimisation
The game now also uses 20mb less ram, removed all unused heroes. Should make the game run smoother. (now "only" 120mb of ram used. Rm2k3 must be very bad at memory management)

The script's also getting a tune-up. making it tighter, the main character being more talkative, Oak being a bit more crazy, and the rival...being more rivaler.

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
Years
Oak always struck me as an insane old man. Nice new updates and does that mean we are going to be sharing our trainer id's with each other.

DarkDoom3000

Years
Yeah, I wanted to build something where players can communicate, even on a limited scale.

So yeah, share your trainer IDs; get items and such.

Theres gonna be two methods.
One Way ID inputting - someone posts their ID on internet or whatever, you input id to game, get item. It's nice and easy.

Two Way- you both put each others ID into the game, the game spits out a different verification code to each. add together verification code, and you get item code. or something like that.

might have to balance it so that the one way method gives you a mediocre item, while the 2 way item gets you rare items. One way ID rewards are definetly gonna be in Demo 7, two way may not make it until a later version.

Also, a plug to Ongekibou's project: pokemon colourless version, since he plugged spee.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
The rebalance feels great. Actually feels a bit hard at first, lv3 caterpies can kill lv5 jolteon in 5 turns or so. Actually had to give the player lots of potions at the start.

Or you could add a script where talking to your mom or something (the portable bed?) would heal for free. Not sure how this would affect paying at a PokeCenter, but I thought I'd add it in since there wasn't a way to heal in 0.6 until Ventus City.

Now some new features that I've made over the last week:

Updated Limit System.

I loved FF8, one of the awesome things was it's limitbreak system, when low on HP, you could use a limitbreak- a powerful attack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1C9WTuNPPE
It was a really cool feature and made training less of a grind, Since you could defeat enemies quickly if you got them before they got you.

So now SPEE is gonna have limitbreaks too. basically, when you're in limit status, your speed is already doubled, but you have a chance that Struggle will be replaced with Limitbreak. the chance increases the lower your HP is (1/4 chance at 25% hp)
A limitbreak costs no PP, But deals, around 500 damage.

Currently all pokemon have the same limitbreak (based on FF8 one, even the sound effects are ripped from it) but I want to have 1 limit per type. or something like that.

One limitbreak move per type, and each poke's limitbreak move type would depend on that poke's primary element type I'm guessing?

IMO, the limitbreak move should only have a chance to be triggered when that poke is in the limit zone.

So the reward for being in the limit zone is doubled speed and the chance to get the limitbreak move at the risk of fainting because of low health. Does that make any sense?

Side benefit: Wouldn't just coding in one probability of getting the limitbreak move (when the poke is in the limit zone) be easier than basing the probability on how low the poke's health is?

Battle Music Changer
This feature sorta already existed, but most people didn't know how to work it.
Theres a radio in the main character's room, now when you click on it, you can change battle music. It'll have it's own proper menu and it will be much easier to navigate.
I have battle music from FF1-8, and some classic pokemon battle music too.
Now, you can set a main theme and an alt theme.
You can also select the play mode.
Normal- It will play the main theme in battle, but the alt theme if you mange to get a suprise battle.
AlternatingThe battle music will alternate between main and alt. So you get into one fight, you'll have the main music, then in your next battle you'll get the alt music.
ShuffleThis will just randomly select music each time you get into battle.

Really great if you find yourself getting bored of the Man with Machine gun default battle music. Or if you want to hear the other themes more (XDR's battle music: J-E-N-O-V-A AC remix is awesome)

Will there also be a working "Mute All" option as well? No offense to FF music intended, but the mute in 0.6 didn't really work.

Trainer ID Number
I've been learining about encryption at uni, and put some of skills to use, Trainer ID will now display a Trainer ID number; yeah. big woop.
Except now, at the rainbow tower, you'll be able to enter in someone elses trainer ID to get free items. The more closely associated the trainer ID, the rarer the item(ie: the closer the numbers are.)

I wouldn't try guessing either, theres 10,000,000 combinations, but only 50,000 valid trainer IDs. thats a 0.5% (ie: 1 in 200) chance of the fake ID being valid.

Optimisation

The game now also uses 20mb less ram, removed all unused heroes. Should make the game run smoother. (now "only" 120mb of ram used. Rm2k3 must be very bad at memory management)

Meh, 120M of RAM isn't that bad for a full-screen game. More than something like VisualBoyAdvance or DeSmuMe, but less than Firefox. So not really a lot at all.

The script's also getting a tune-up. making it tighter, the main character being more talkative, Oak being a bit more crazy, and the rival...being more rivaler.

Oak be going insane :D

DarkDoom3000

Years
Yeah, you can now use the players bed to recover.

the limit break works as you said,i probably didn't explain clearly.
Your limitbreaks only start appearing when you are at limit status (25%hp).
but the lower your hp in limit the higher chance of limit break.

So if youre not in limit, you'll never get limit break. If youre at 25%it's 1/4
chance of imitbreak being available. At 12% it's 1/2.
At under 6% it'll always be available

Rm2k3 dosent let me properly mute. All I can do is stop music.
So it probably won't be much better.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
Just noticed somethings in 'New' mode stay Gen II Style ... like the rainbow tower?

Back