• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokemon Trainer Academy (OOC) (NEW!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
In other news, I have a question for our newer / quieter RPers. Basically anyone who has joined within the last few months. :P (You don't have to answer.)

Would you tell us a bit about yourselves, how you're feeling about things, and what your plans/goals are as far as PTA goes? There's quite a lot of you if I'm not mistaken, and I'd like to promote some socializing. :P

Hmm, I'm not exactly new to the RP but since I don't post in the OOC much I'll give this a go.

About me- I'm Twenty-Two, living on my own in Sydney, Canada. I work as a supervisor on a road construction crew and can work up to 22 hours a day sometimes. (which is why I disappeared suddenly from this RP last Fall.) However I only work for about 4 months out of the year. The rest of the time I'm either making up for the time I lost by partying or I'm at home playing some sort of Video Game.

As far as how I feel about this RP, I like the concept a lot. Otherwise I wouldn't have come back. It's well thought out and is excellent for character development, which is what I'm trying to do with C.J. I have a few plans for him and depending on how things play out over the course of time will make significant changes to his end game.

That's about all I can think of right now. (I only just woke up so I'm not fully functional) but I might add more later.

Drago Dragonite

General of the Dragons' Army
Years
I do not like talking about myself... I prefer to keep it a secret.

I do like the PTA, and I will keep with it as long as it is alive. My goal is Daniel to get every of my favourite pokémon, and having them fully evolved with good attacks.
That's it.

Batel

A nothing.
Years
In other news, I have a question for our newer / quieter RPers. Basically anyone who has joined within the last few months. :P (You don't have to answer.)

Would you tell us a bit about yourselves, how you're feeling about things, and what your plans/goals are as far as PTA goes? There's quite a lot of you if I'm not mistaken, and I'd like to promote some socializing. :P

I should probably reply to this, I'm here a good five months now(geez, time really does fly...) but hey, I might as well talk a little about myself.

Me? I'm an eighteen year old male living in the outskirts Ireland's capital, Dublin. I'm still in secondary school, and not too sure about what I want to do once College rears it's head at the end of the year.

While I'm a giant geek all around, I'm also big into metal, with the bands at the top of my list ranging from Megadeth to Immortal(with many in between).

While I play a lot of video games and board games(and adore them while doing so, I might add), my passion lies in reading and writing. While I don't read the books I'd like to be as much any more due to simply not having as much time as before, I love to sit down and read books from a wide variety of genres, with my favourites being fantasy and science fiction, with a mix of both being a dream come true to me. I read superhero comics quite a lot, my favourite character being the Blue Beetle. Finally, I love to write. I write as much as I can, but have lacked a lot of focus in what I've been writing up until recently.

I walk pretty much everywhere if I'm not using the bus or train to go the long distance between school and I, and it's turned into somewhat of a hobby for me. I've actually set quite a pace for myself in recent times.

As for the RP, it's not the first time I've created a number of characters to live on an island like this, but my oh my, has this been a bucket of fun thus far. Andy was definitely a departure on my usual characters who have a dark streak to them. While both Andy and Indigo have a past to deal with, Andy doesn't realize his even exists and doesn't really have anything to truly overcome at this point in time, so he's really just going to go where the wind takes him. There may yet be a less friendly side to him once the 'headache' problem has been dealt with.
Indigo on the other hand... Has a lot of what I've put in characters before. Neurotic, generally unhappy and conflicted about his own motives. Despite this, his outlook on things is fresh. I want to make him try and reach out to others more, and see how that works for him in the long run.

Wow. That was longer than I had planned it to be. o.o;

IceFyr1928

Is now DeathofShadows
Years
My life? Really? Fine, here goes...

I am currently 15, with my 16th birthday coming up fast. Currently enjoying my sophomore year of high school, living at home with the rest of my family. I really enjoy video games of varying genres, with Strategy and FPS being my top two. However, you're more likely to find me drawing something or other, or posting to a fine Roleplay like this. Music-wise, I try not to be picky-choosy, but I have found that Dubstep is a nice change of pace for me. The fact that there is so much variation in the genre also helps, so I'm just about set for everything.

As for the PTA, I've been here for a time before, going through 4 different characters before coming to a stop with my current one. I have no intention of leaving again, but don't expect me to be able to post all the time. Life has a tendency of doin that.

siiadams

Got 3DS back...1822-1106-0866
Years
Wow. A personality survey? Sounds fun to me. Let's do it!

I'm 28, a male, and I'm from Fort Worth, TX. I'm into video games, reading (about science and experimentation), comedy movies, and wrestling. I don't like talking about myself much because it makes me feel like that's all I can talk about, which is annoying to me sometimes. I always try to put myself in my characters as much as possible.

I love the rp and am having fun with it. I want to develop my character more and maybe add another student to the mix. Something probably a polar opposite of how I normally am. My character's main goal will be first to find out where his parents went. He wants to have a diverse and balanced team in case he has to battle. After all that, I haven't thought that far ahead yet.

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
Hehe, you know me all too well already X3 But I guess I can put some personal info in here :D

I'm 19, Male of course and currently in Mays Landing New Jersey. I'm into Gaming, film, and Animation. I'm currently working on an entertaining gaming channel by the name of CDKgaming (Link below, viewer descrietion is advised)

https://www.youtube.com/user/CDKgaming?feature=mhee

I'm going through college classes at the moment but I'm still undecided on a career I want to pursue. I'm leaning towards film editing since I basically do that on a daily basis.

I've been on PTA ever since the beginning and I don't plan on leaving anytime soon c: Mark has started to grow on me and is one of my most developed RP characters and he's bound to get better from there. My Character's goal is to become an expert in Pokemon Strategy and to hopefully teach that sort of thing to others... (and I guess another goal would be to get himself a girlfriend) XP

Oh! By the way, Mark's just walking around the Campus now. If anybody wants to interact with him and get to know the guy, let me know! VM me or something :p I'd like to RP with some of the newer people also.

(If this sort of advertising for my channel isn't allowed feel free to get rid of it admins :p It was related to the discussion so I figured I'd take a chance at it)

SylveonStar

Sylveon
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 15, 2017
I'll give some info xD

I'm 16 almost 17, gonna be 17 next Wednesday March 6th, I'm a female from Ohio though I was born in Maryland. I'm a big advocate for stopping bullying, and violence against women. I do a lot of volunteer group in my community for that stuff. I also hope to take college classes Senior year, and I'm learning Japanese.

As for PTA, I've been part of this rp since October 2011 with a small break here or there due to illness cause I do get sick a lot. I've got three characters in this RP, Genevieve who wants to be a Pokemon Professor, who I forget where I last had her she's been one of my characters since the beginning. Then there's Rosalyn who wants to be an artist and prove her family wrong, she's currently leaving the ER with Mick Fizz's character Jimmy. Then there is Sage, Rosalyn's big brother, He teaches as class on berries and poffins, and is married though his wife and daughter haven't been able to leave Sinnoh yet.

Years
@Megaman - I'm waiting to interact with Icefyre but I'm always up for interaction with others so if you want you can send your character down to the beach where Zayne is.

Nideous

The world refused to change...
Years
I'm not the oldest here yay! But I am 22 years old. I live in Covington Georgiaand work in a big plant. Saving up money to go to school and become a nurse. Heh, Brian is a lot like I am actualy. I came to PC about 18 or so months ago, back when Jackblaze was the GM and the RP only had fourpages. This is my first RP and my favorite, even over my own sadly, though The Children Are Hunted was my second RP and Fuyu and I kept it alive by ourselves for a VERY long time. We even remade it ourselves too. But enough about that. Take a look at page Four of the IC thread to see my first SU. Ever. I couldn't even post it in the right place. But Jack gave mea chance and nowlook at me. x3 I love RPs and video games, as well as chess and books and other fun stuff. *Shrugs*

Anyways, Brian. My first RP character and he shares nearly all of my traits and talents. Cept he's a bit more outgoing. Regardless, I have a goal for him, to get in over his head trying to figure out what is going on with the wild pokemon on Oak Island (Megaman, remember that plot point that Mark and Bri decided to do? To investigate it?) help his friends, and eventually get caught up in the Rockets. Oh, a note, despite his best efforts he has only won one battle ever.

And Kiki. I;ve been hinting at a pretty big plot for her, but I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with it. But she is going to get tough, really tough.

And Drake. He has a big plot already, what with his tutoring of Val and now Kiyoko, his relationship with Asha, or whatever you call the tension between them, his rivalry to Lance, and knowing he will never be as good as him, and his duty as a Dragon Master, which he had abandoned for so long. Too much plot but it will work itself out.

Anyways, I had a brilliant idea for later in the RP. The rockets take over Oak Academy. Like, literally take it over. And the few students and teachers that don't get caught in the takeover,AKA our characters, have to take it back. A rough idea, but it would certainly be exciting.

And for a bit closer, how about a tournament? A battle tournament of course. See which dorm has the best battlers.

Years
A tournament would be awesome, but it wouldn't be right to have teachers against students would it? Since teachers are probably more powerful by default.

As for a rocket takeover at some point, that would be epically epic. Some complete mayhem xD
You could even have the takeover occur during the tournament xD

Somniac

Probably sleeping.
Years
The whole rocket takeover made me originally think of the fall of balamb garden from Finalfantasy 8. The panic, the chaos, the intermittent alarm and prerecorded message playing on a loop; warning students to remain calm and get to saftey, going unheeded as people run for their lives. Elder students trying to protect some of the younger ones, teachers falling in the like of duty to save students...

man...

I'ma play FF8 again.

--------------------------------------------------------

Does indeed sound fun though. Also I'm probably going to have Gwen wake up for a short while, possibly half sleepwalk her way around the academy on a sugar fueled mission to find some more snacks. Seriously, as small girl like her eating all those sugary snacks before going to bed is a bad idea.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Whoo! I've got lots to respond to. That's good. ||3

@gimmiepie: Thanks for taking the time to answer. I sometimes arrange video game music as a hobby of mine. In other news I do tend to hevily recommend that people find someone to RP with. There are groups and whatnot going on. I also usually recommend taking the initiative and searching for RP actively. Perhaps find a character that looks like you might want to interact with them using the first page, or perhaps read a couple of posts you may not have read before and see if a scene interests you. :P

On another note, I've never known a male professional dancer on a personal level before. ||P

@Iny Gage: Sometimes when people on RP relevant sites are making fun of high school RPs... I tell them about PTA. It's glorious. c:

Sucking up gets you extra hugs. I don't see anything wrong about extra hugs. I kind of know how you feel. In the past I've been very anxious about RPing in new settings. I spent like.. what... 2-3 years on PC without so much as joining an RP in the RPC? All because of anxiety. I also play WoW, and know what you mean about RP there. I /still/ have anxiety regarding WoW RP, which probably has a lot to do with the way RPers choose to run things there. If you're ever feeling uncomfortable about something or you need help, don't be afraid to come to me. I'll do whatever I can to make sure you /continue/ enjoying yourself here.

That being said, developing characters is great. My characters have persistant history, meaning that I take what happens in an RP and apply it to their character sheets in future RPs. There are characters such as Valorie that I go to other RPs and say "She was a student at the pokemon trainer's academy during such and such time and this and that happened."

There are some roadblocks involved with persistent histories, but I have done a good job avoiding them so far. That being said, I'd like to help you develop your character but am unsure how to go about doing it. Any preference there..?

@Synthet: We are Pokemon Reds. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile. Just kidding. I actually had every single version of every game when I first started playing. (This was at first mainly because my parents probably didn't understand that Red and Blue were mostly the same. Later, it was because I have siblings into the games.) This trend continued up until 4th generation, though I wound up owning all three 4th generation games anyway after I lost my original pearl version and replaced it with diamond. I then promptly learned what competitive pokemon was like the hard way and even more promptly quit the series until Gen 5 came out.

Anyway. I wasn't aware that you intended Sammy's actions to be controversial. Somehow, I got the impression that her little assault was an instance of projected values. Guess my first impression was a little off, hmm? Regardless--It's good to hear you thinking about this stuff. In Pokemon Lore pokemon training is often treated as a mystical thing where the strength of a trainer and their pokemon reflects their overall strength in all areas of life.

@Somniac: But can you run in the 90s? Much like the music I myself arrange on a regular basis, I can only tolerate instrumental music with only a few exceptions, which pretty much conveniently alienates me from all sorts of pop music, save video game music itself. I wish I had the money to throw at new PCs and video game consoles and whatnot--I'm chugging along with a single powerful gaming computer, a Wii U, a 3DS, and nothing else--All bought quite far apart I might add. (I was a very early adopter of the 3DS, which is now convenient as Pokemon X and Y would've absolutely forced me to get one.) I'm admittedly slightly envious of your relationship, but that's a can of worms I'd rather not open further. :P

But yes! Funny story related to projecting yourself on your characters. When I was originally designing Valorie I was attempting to create an emotionally controversial and deep character that could be related to while remaining somewhat antagonistic. However, after creating her I looked back and realized that I had taken most of the inspiration for her from none other than myself, albeit an even younger me. It was sort of startling to realize I'd created a self-insertee without remotely trying, especially when one considers that I got lazy with her appearance and admittedly consciously based that part of her on myself. Ironically, I do not regret doing any of this as she has been a very fun character to play and other RPers have recieved her overwhelmingly positively.

@Kezius: I'm glad you feel that way about the RP. Sometimes I worry about the lame stigma surrounding school RPs, but I feel like PTA has grown strong enough to shrug off that stigma without me needing to worry about it. I have enough trouble trying to fight off the lame stigmas surrounding pokemon as a whole that are perpetuated by derpy parodies. (If I have to watch another "Let's put guns in Pokemon!" parody, I will horn drill a mightyena.) But yeah.

@Drago_Dragonite: That's a shame. Is it because you prefer to make friends one on one?

@Batel: I'm way into music that gets my adrenaline pumping--That being said, I don't often recognize bands, but when I do it's bands that have covered video game music. Megadeth and such. Unfortunately I find that I simply cannot write unless I'm writing collaboratively with someone (See: RPing) Sometimes I even burn out on that. That's what video games and creating digital music are for I guess--Other hobbies that fit my dorky lifestyle.

@Everyone: Batel provoked me to say this, ,but I thought everyone else should hear it too. Throw challenges at your characters, and give other characters a reason to care about these challenges. That's an excellent way to give people a reason to throw their characters at you while simultaneously taking initiative on character development. It often works better than the whole randomly meeting up for no particular reason deal. Note a while back, when I wanted to use Olivia I didn't just bring her to someone's character, I brang a hailstorm and several angry pokemon trying to make a babesicle out of her as well.

@IceFyr1928: Don't be so enthusiastic, you're killing me. :P I'm curious as to what caused your various character shifts, mostly because I wonder if it was just a case of not being able to find the perfect fit. Regardless--I liked a dubstep song once. Maybe you'll like it too!

@Siiaams: A wrestler, huh? Tried that once or twice. Nobody could take me seriously--I have no idea why!~ Anyway, character diversity is always nice, but don't play something you don't enjoy playing.

@Megaman765: ...Who are you again?!

@Genevieve: I strongly advocate women being supportive of eachother, so I strongly support you supporting me supporting you supporting... Wordplay aside, I'm completely serious. Call it bias by personal experience, but I've always found it pretty fair to say that girls are way too mean to eachother sometimes and it's a shame.

In other news, I'm curious enough to ask how Rosalyn got in the emergency room. ||P

@Nideous: Valorie currently owns Shu--You may recognize him as a yamask of the same name as the one traveling with my bulbasaur back when I was in The Children are Haunted. What a coincidence~

References aside, don't read my plot book! I have to discuss things like that with Megaman, or would at least prefer to, before going on with it. In short however, you can /probably/ expect rocket activity in this next upcoming IC day. Anyway, characters will get personalized endings. There could be an IC tournament, but I'm not overly keen on the idea unless it's /very/ popular. I'm not huge on competitive environments, personally.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
@Iny Gage: Sometimes when people on RP relevant sites are making fun of high school RPs... I tell them about PTA. It's glorious. c:

Sucking up gets you extra hugs. I don't see anything wrong about extra hugs. I kind of know how you feel. In the past I've been very anxious about RPing in new settings. I spent like.. what... 2-3 years on PC without so much as joining an RP in the RPC? All because of

anxiety. I also play WoW, and know what you mean about RP there. I /still/ have anxiety regarding WoW RP, which probably has a lot to do with

the way RPers choose to run things there. If you're ever feeling uncomfortable about something or you need help, don't be afraid to come to me.

I'll do whatever I can to make sure you /continue/ enjoying yourself here.

That being said, developing characters is great. My characters have persistant history, meaning that I take what happens in an RP and apply it to

their character sheets in future RPs. There are characters such as Valorie that I go to other RPs and say "She was a student at the pokemon

trainer's academy during such and such time and this and that happened."

There are some roadblocks involved with persistent histories, but I have done a good job avoiding them so far. That being said, I'd like to help

you develop your character but am unsure how to go about doing it. Any preference there..?
Well my PC experience is a bit different, I came here on two missions. Mission A: Find a Drought Vulpix (Cally has flash fire before you ask). Mission Two, Join this RP, That's why my account name is also my character name.

I kinda got lucky with RP in wow, I saw a forum post over there *I am a forum rat over there* Asking if anyone would be interested in creating a new RP guild and Giving RP a shot, The thread was More popular than anticipated and the guild was born. Its been together for about 5 months *Despite several changes in leadership* and We're all still pretty darn bad at it :P. That's why I choose to expand outside of WoW to try to get more experience.

Character Development for me is something I just kinda let happen through character interaction, I make a generic backstory, Give the Basic personality I want and let it fill it's self out from there, So needless to say I was a bit intimidated by the word limit at first but It all worked out in the end. Amusingly My Wow gnome and Iny here have very similar personalities yet are polar opposites with what they're able to do so far. For example, Iny gets Easily lost and relies on others a bit too much, My gnome is a Map maker who spends most of her time outside of cities charting areas alone. *I refer to her as My gnome cause her actual name is Iny FeatherWidget, I don't know why but I REALLY Like the name Iny*

Last edited:
Years
That's one thing I have been meaning to ask really, I'm really not sure where I can fit my character into anything, which is why I was going to wait on Icefyre's interaction and just did a safe, neutral first post. I am very much open to anybody's suggestions though :)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
@Iny Gage: Gah! You caught my post even before I had a chance to quickly correct the line break glitch. (A glitch with notepad where it inserts linebreaks all over the place if you keep word wrap on while copy pasting.)

Anyway, I see. You don't seem that bad at writing to me. Then again, I'm not a very critical person. But yes. I apologize for intimidating you. |P I'm glad you took the challenge and overcame them though. Regardless, feel free to come to me if you need anything. Within my ever so human limits I try to do whatever I can~

@Gimmipie: Passively waiting for other people to reply to a post would probably not go over well. It's important to take the initiative and get some interest going.

Iny Gage

Forum Dweller.
Years
@Iny Gage: Gah! You caught my post even before I had a chance to quickly correct the line break glitch. (A glitch with notepad where it inserts linebreaks all over the place if you keep word wrap on while copy pasting.)

Anyway, I see. You don't seem that bad at writing to me. Then again, I'm not a very critical person. But yes. I apologize for intimidating you. |P I'm glad you took the challenge and overcame them though. Regardless, feel free to come to me if you need anything. Within my ever so human limits I try to do whatever I can~
Yeah, I had problems with notepad when I posted my original Bio, I had problems registering my account so I Wrote it there to save the basic Idea I had at that time.

I wouldn't say I'm a bad writer, I'm just... inexperienced With writing Stories and the like. The only time I ever wrote one was about 5 years ago and I had ALLOT of help from my mom. My main problem seems to be one on one conversations, Especially if they're in a fast pace environment IC Where I wouldn't have time to think. So I guess detail is probably my weak point. I'm just gonna have to work on that.

Oh, and if you cant tell, I'm on at Weeeeeeird times of the day. Thank you for that Walmart.

Last edited:
Years
@Yellow - It certainly seems so, I'm mostly using this time to work out where I want go and where I can fit him in. I should have a more assertive and sociable post up soon.

Edit: I put Zayne over near the group who was battling behind the dorms.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 2, 2014
In other news, I have a question for our newer / quieter RPers. Basically anyone who has joined within the last few months. (You don't have to answer.)

Would you tell us a bit about yourselves, how you're feeling about things, and what your plans/goals are as far as PTA goes? There's quite a lot of you if I'm not mistaken, and I'd like to promote some socializing.

Well, lets see here. Hey There guys I'm Patrick! I'm 18 years young, I'm from Derry City in Northern Ireland and I'm currently studying Art. I have the ambition to become an Animator, I dream to become as good as Akira Toriyama, Eiichiro Oda, Satoshi Tajiri and use elements I've learned from Internet Animators like Egoraptor, OneyNG, PsychicPebbles. I love watching Anime and cartoons, I wouldn't say I'm a good animator at the minute as I'm still a novice. I've got a part-time job at a bar, I'm still a novice at that but I'm there 5 months now so I'll get the hang of it sooner or later. I'm inlove with Nintendo, as my Facebook picture is me kissing my Wii U GamePad, which is called Wendy. I don't drink as much as I should and I don't party as much as I want, but hopefully that will change eventually. I am single -winks-. As of writing this I just came back from the dentist so much fingers are super numb. And I've been here since July and I still don't know how to use a Forum website properly...

Right now I'm controlling 13 year old Lucas McGuire from Pewter City. His parents work at the museum and he has 2, soon to be 3 Pokemon. Aipom, Heracross and thirdly Aron. At the moment, he is with Shay's characters walking back to the Academy as it was too dark to keep going towards the mountains. Lucas is a shy kid. So really I'd like it if he grew more confidence and was able to become a confident Pokemon Trainer. Especially if he gets certain Pokemon on his team.

I also think I read something about a tournament/Team Rocket event. I say Let's Do It! LEEROY JENKINS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back