• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gen V OU RMT [No fancy name this time]

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
A few days ago I built this team that I didn't think would do well, but this thing has done amazingly well! 8DD So I decided to get to do an RMT.

Oh how I love that Team Builder! 8)

620.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 212 Atk / 44 SAtk / 240 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Hi Jump Kick
- Fake Out

Mienshao is quite the fighter, having amazing offensive stats and speed makes him a feirce Pokemon! I start out with Fake Out no matter what Pokemon it is, (Obviously if it's a ghost I'll switch) depending on what I'm facing I'll use Hi Jump Kick, since if it's not resisted it'll probably die. Hidden Power Ice is mainly for Landorus and Gliscor, U-Turn is to get a free hit on Dark/Grass types and to heal with Regenerator.

640.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat

After some consideration I've decided to replace Gallade with the SD Virizion, it also gives me a natural special bulk coming of it's 129 Special defense stat. :3 After an SD he reaches 538 attack or something idk, Close Combat and Leaf Blade will rip through anything that doesn't resist it, and Stone Edge hits the Pokemon LB and CC don't hit.

642.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunder Wave

Thundurus is an amazing special sweeper. Usually I'll start with Thunder Wave which cripples whatever Pokemon I'm fighting, Nasty Plot then sweep, without Focus Blast Ferrothorn can usually halt it, but with +4/6 special attack usually HP Ice ends it. Tyranitar falls to a nice Thunderbolt. Everything else is just dead.

472.gif
@ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Ice Fang

Gliscor hasn't been used much due to Thundurus/Gallade usually doing everything! >: But when he's used he does quite well. Taunt stops Ferrothorn/Chansey/Blissey. Toxic takes care of Bulky threats like Slowbro, however Toxic isn't doing so well, I may replace it with Swords Dance so that I can deal out more damage with a STAB'D Quake or Ice Fang.

485.gif
@ Leftovers
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Stealth Rock

This was a special Heatran, but then it went to a Bronzong who was my Lati@s check, but now it's back to a special defensive Heatran. Lava Plume is my main STAB which can inflict burns (hopefully) Toxic wears down Slowbro and the likes, Earth Power takes care of other Heatran and other Pokemon. SR is just SR. ;;3

579.gif
@ Life Orb
Trait: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Focus Blast

Before he came onto the team he was a gimmicky Super Fang bulky Mew. But he's smashing things like a beast, after a +2 Calm Mind he 2HKO's Ferrothorn/Latios/Latias. Anything else just dies to it's horrible power. <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I don't see why you need Heatran. Your team isn't weak to fire so I suggest replacing it with Bronzong. Zong checks Latios/Latias well who can otherwise be problematic. Shadow Sneak doesn't even 2HKO Latios without Bulk Up boost and it can't take a specs Draco Meteor in the face. It also provides SR just like you wanted.

Years
To: dragonomega

Would this look good to you?

Umbreon: Zoom Lens
Trait: Inner Focus (Dream World)
EVs: 252 HP (you'll want 394 at Lv.100) and 252 def (350)
Impish nature (+def -Sp.atk)

Screech <Lv.64> Torment <TM41> Moonlight <Lv.71> Confuse Ray <Lv.29>

Umbreon is a thing of defense. You'll want to Torment first to screw up anything with choice band/specs/scarf, or a fight spam like close combat, provided Umbreon survives the first one. Next is your choice of Moonlight, screech or confuse ray, all available in Umbreon's natural level up. <u may need a few heart scales> this is an alternative to the "payback" Umbreon that's become so common, who only ends up being revenge tagged in the end. I use this set a lot and my only real danger is Lucario... That Aura Sphere hurts, dude.

Last edited:

Perriechu

Years
To: dragonomega

Would this look good to you?

Umbreon: Zoom Lens
Trait: Inner Focus (Dream World)
EVs: 252 HP (you'll want 394 at Lv.100) and 252 def (350)
Impish nature (+def -Sp.atk)

Screech <Lv.64> Torment <TM41> Moonlight <Lv.71> Confuse Ray <Lv.29>

Umbreon is a thing of defense. You'll want to Torment first to screw up anything with choice band/specs/scarf, or a fight spam like close combat, provided Umbreon survives the first one. Next is your choice of Moonlight, screech or confuse ray, all available in Umbreon's natural level up. <u may need a few heart scales> this is an alternative to the "payback" Umbreon that's become so common, who only ends up being revenge tagged in the end. I use this set a lot and my only real danger is Lucario... That Aura Sphere hurts, dude.

Well first of all, Umbreon has slid down the ladder and isn't as good as it was before. Secondly I'm using Pokemon Online, meaning the Level/TM/Stat's at Level 100 isn't necessarily needed. I don't want to use Umbreon simply because it sucks, I appreciate that you tried to help me but it's no D:

Anyway, I've replaced Bronzong over Heatran, I haven't battled with it or updated the first post, so we'll see idk. I'm tired.

Years
Oh.

my bad... :)

I love dark types, and have for a while now since gen 4. I studied them a lot and I'm trying to get more people to really take a good look at how useful they are, after all:

STAB Dark faints the Ghost that faints the Psychic that faints the Fight that faints the following five types: Normal, Dark, Rock, Ice AND Steel. It works like a food chain if you ask me.

Last edited:

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
I'm not sure if not having a water resist is a good idea. Of course, I'd just put this aside if you had Blissey or something, but you don't :/. LO Starmie can kick this team's keister eight ways from Sunday, and it doesn't care about priority Thunder Wave because of Natural Cure. It'll outspeed everything and trucks this team with boosted Surfs. Similarly, Gyarados after a DD can dismantle this team one by one, only stopped by sacrificing Thundurus. Everytime Specs Politoed comes in, expect something to be down a member. See where I'm taking this?

I'd rather see Gallade gone for something like SD Virizion. It's pretty bulky even without much investment and can hit harder than Gallade with +2 Close Combat or Leaf Blade. It lacks priority, but it's a much better Pokemon in general. Even a CM version can work, and it's a much better switch in to Tyranitar.

You should make Heatran bulkier. A LOT bulkier since it's your sole switch in to power Draco Meteors or Outrages. If you're switching it out for Bronzong though, how in the world are you going to defend yourself against Vocarona? As said earlier, you rely on priority Thunder Wave too much, and +1 Volcarona can bend Thundurus over like a soggy toothpick. One Heatran sexy set I know of is a one @Calm nature with SR / Roar / Lava Plume / Dragon Pulse.

Perriechu

Years
Ok, so I've removed Bronzong and replaced it with the special defensive Heatran, whilst I took out Gallade and stuck in Virizion, who's doing quite well actually.

Back