• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The Battle Maison

Years
In every main series Pokémon game since Crystal, we've had a battle facility ala the Battle Tower (save FRLG, which had the Trainer Tower). Here, X and Y gives us the Battle Maison, which is a royal mansion that, like the Battle Tower, and the Battle Subway from Generation V, provides opponents to battle in a streak, but unlike those, your streak can be interrupted at any point whether you've won seven times in a row or not. Additionally, unlike the Subway, you can also access Triple and Rotation battles to make things more interesting.

What did you think of the Battle Maison? Did you think it was a fun facility? Or was it under blown compared to some of what we've had in past times? inb4 everyone says that it should have been the Battle Frontier Discuss.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I like the Battle Maison (apart from the inevitable hax and the counter-teaming). I can get why some people find it boring though, some people probably get bored of regular battles quickly. But personally, I've never cared for the gimmicks used in the facilities in the Battle Frontier. I've just always preferred straight-up battles (and not just in Pokemon); just you and your opponent, no fancy shit in the way.

I think part of what makes it a little better than the Subway is the fact that you can stop your challenge at any time instead of only every 7 wins, and the updated breeding mechanics in Gen 6 make it far easier to have a good team in the Maison.

The longest win streak I've ever gotten in the Maison was 81 wins in Super Singles. Hopin' that I can at least get a 100 win streak in ORAS.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Battle Subway only had the cool music going for it. Battle Maison is about as dull and uninteresting as the Battle Tower. I wish the battle facilities would have more life to them like Emerald and Gen 4. Those fun little minigames before every battle in the Battle Arcade or those fun battle gimmicks like using points to swap pokemon or use items. Those were a lot of fun. These are just straight up battles and it's boring.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
The Battle Maison was actually the first Facility where I tried getting the minimum amount of battles to unlock the respective trophy. I got 50 consecutive wins in Super Singles (something I'm still working on in ORAS) altough it took me really long. For the most part I just want to get a couple battles done, whenever I want and get a couple more BP in the process, which is why I'd always prefer the simple design of the Battle Maison over, let's say, the Battle Frontier.

I just don't need all the blingbling and stuff, but I can understand, why people complain about the Battle Frontier not returning. It gets a little repetitive after like 5-10 battles in a row.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I think Emerald is the only game that did the battle facilities right. Anything that is Battle Tower like is very boring to me. The battle facilities they had in Dppt/HGSS were okay, but they were still lacking something that the ones in Emerald had. Battle Maison just feels like a slight revamped Battle Tower, it's basically the same and made for a boring end game.

Years
I like the Battle Maison (apart from the inevitable hax and the counter-teaming). I can get why some people find it boring though, some people probably get bored of regular battles quickly. But personally, I've never cared for the gimmicks used in the facilities in the Battle Frontier. I've just always preferred straight-up battles (and not just in Pokemon); just you and your opponent, no fancy shit in the way.

I think part of what makes it a little better than the Subway is the fact that you can stop your challenge at any time instead of only every 7 wins, and the updated breeding mechanics in Gen 6 make it far easier to have a good team in the Maison.

While I thought the Battle Frontier had some interesting mechanics to them, I think part of why I never really got into it in Emerald (and i've mentioned this before I think) was because of how annoying training in that game was. That and nowadays I never care enough to play it since we now have technology that can be put on sleep whenever (lol, i'm not making a very good case for the Gen IV Frontier, am I?). But i'm not too upset by it not coming back.

And as I mentioned in the OP, being able to stop whenever was good too. Not only that, but the Maison also had Triple and Rotation Battles, as I mentioned, so I can go there if I want to play around with those.

Years
I think the Battle Maison is only nice because you can interrupt your streaks in order to prepare.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Ya know...I wish that the Maison had a wider selection of music to choose from. Four's not enough....especially when one of them is the wild Pokemon theme and another is the standard Trainer theme. You get 11 different tracks to choose from in Battle Spot (22 or so in ORAS). What gives?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I've enjoyed Battle Maison, all-in-all.

As stated in above posts, all former Pokémon titles had some sort of battling facility attached, for us X and Y, it was this; I believe it helps keeping things more relevant, promoting consistency. It's nice to see them keep certain features like this on track.

What I was most fond of in regards to Battle Maison would be difficulty. Your opponents would oftentimes come up with a team that would counter yours outright, which lends a hand on making battles turn out to be more of a challenge.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
Years
I think I love everything about the Battle Maison (especially the flexibility), except for the fact that it's rather... dull. If it had something more to spice it up and make things a little more interesting, then it would be perfect in my book.

Years
As I mentioned, I did like the Battle Maison for its time, but it is worth mentioning that you can use Mega Evolutions to your heart's content, yet your opponents will never use any. It could have perhaps made the Chatelaines a bit more interesting if they had used those instead of legendaries, because I remember the Tower Tycoon from Generation IV did and there are the legendaries that trainers prior will use, too.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
It'd be pretty scary tho if the AI came at you with a mega in the Maison. Imagine having to fight like a.....Mega Kangaskhan or a Mega Gengar or something in there.

Back