• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: In which we welcome back Shining Raichu from his extended vacation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Kura, it's a song about, well, thrift shops. .__.
Apparently it's pretty popular. I even seen someone blogging about it here on PC.

I actually opened a text from my sister that was just lyrics to that song. The text wasn't intended for me, but I was still wondering while she was calling (the person who owns that phone) a honky. Then I heard the song later and realized that she had texted the lyrics.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
If it's popular.. I probably wont like it.. TOO MAINSTREAAMMM!!

Haha I'm kidding, really.. but I'm more of a metalhead, and metal really doesn't seem to be as popular as rock or pop :3 S'okay though..

You know, sometimes I actually wonder about popular things. Are they popular just because a lot of people have the same taste? Or are they popular because certain people like it, and others want to be followers and noticed for liking it too?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I honestly never heard the song. I don't listen to the radio, nor do I have TV (I just watch shows online on like 4OD or whatever) so I guess I just miss it?

The song got really popular online before it was ever on the radio, that's probably why it's been getting a lot of radio play lately actually.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Haha.
I'm more of a metalhead, and metal really doesn't seem to be as popular as rock or pop
I wonder why that is. Never really occurred to me, because I don't pay attention to what's "popular".

I honestly hated metal up until a few months ago. Now I'm somewhat of a metalhead, somehow haha.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I think a lot of taste is influenced by what you hear when you're young, so it's a little of both - people tend to like the same things because that's their personal preference, but their personal preference was formed from hearing the same things in their youth.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
If it's popular.. I probably wont like it.. TOO MAINSTREAAMMM!!

Haha I'm kidding, really.. but I'm more of a metalhead, and metal really doesn't seem to be as popular as rock or pop :3 S'okay though..

You know, sometimes I actually wonder about popular things. Are they popular just because a lot of people have the same taste? Or are they popular because certain people like it, and others want to be followers and noticed for liking it too?

I think things have to have a catchy tune/beat for it to be popular. At least, in my opinion, that's what causes a song to catch on. Thrift Shop has catchy beats and lyrics that are easy to remember. Gangnam Style caught on because it was catchy.

droomph

weeb
Years
I think things have to have a catchy tune/beat for it to be popular. At least, in my opinion, that's what causes a song to catch on. Thrift Shop has catchy beats and lyrics that are easy to remember. Gangnam Style caught on because it was catchy.

The melody has to be short and repetitive, while changing the other stuff around once in a while to make it still interesting.

Honest

Hi!
Years
And an hour has passed. Yipee-doo.

So, like, how was your Friday? :I

Mine was meh. I'm kinda sad for my friend, she broke up with her boyfriend.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
It's just gone past noon and it's a Saturday here, oops. Thing is.........I've been awake for like half an hour.....so.........

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
My friday wasn't too bad. I did good on an exam i procrastinated on.
Kinda sad for your friend. Tell her i'm single!

Years
Aw that's sad Dipu, I hope things get better for her.

Anyways, my usual Friday involves me going grocery shopping with my mother. And oh god I was needed to assist her more than ever because she had no glasses with her, and her eyesight is bad due to a side effect from diabetes.

My usual job is checking use-by dates, which can get annoying since I hate shopping.

Sir Codin

I visited the Brothel of Slating Intellectual Lusts.

Who would've thought trading tales and swapping insults could be just as sensual as intercourse?

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
My Friday has been good so far. The weather's great and I'm going to be working out soon.

It's just gone past noon and it's a Saturday here, oops. Thing is.........I've been awake for like half an hour.....so.........

Haven't seen you here in forever. It's Glion/Kevin if you don't remember but it's been awhile so I understand if you don't

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Haven't seen you here in forever. It's Glion/Kevin if you don't remember but it's been awhile so I understand if you don't

that name really doesn't name a bell.....sorry!!!!! it's like i've been cryogenically frozen i don't remember much lmao

Caelus

Gone
Years
  • Seen May 26, 2013
that name really doesn't name a bell.....sorry!!!!! it's like i've been cryogenically frozen i don't remember much lmao

It's alright. I forgot you even existed until I came back haha. We both were in that Aorio Hoshi site a couple of years back if you still remember that.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
My Friday went relatively well. Got up early and finished what I had to get done today several hours earlier than usual and finished a drawing of the Rake which apparently is quite frightening, according to someone I know who seen it. Now I'm just being tired and lazy.

By the way, I ate some long-expired cheese today to prove to a family member that it really is still safe. Was I wrong? She ate a lot more of it than I did (I only ate enough to tell if it tasted funny) and now she's nauseous. .__.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Harly (I forgot your name!!!! :C) Where on earth do you live?

And... no Nathan. :I She's so adorable, it really sucks to see her cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back