• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

POKEMON Hall Of Fame Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 14, 2009
when you gonna release the Full game because i want to play it The Full Game not only to Orange Islands so when...i think you better should concentrate on creating game and stop playing with releasing not full game

uchiha sasuke

2337-8711-7616
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2020
Guys, I am really excited seeing people trying to do what Nintendo will never do! (for commercial reasons)

Your project is huge and I hope you all the best!

It's probably the best idea, to include all regions. I have a suggestion in order for the game not to become boring after 2-3 regions.
The protagonist should be forced to start a new adventure with new pokemon.

Anyway, you're more expert than me and I am sure that till then, you will find the solution!

Good luck.

I checked the faq, question number 18 says something about running on Windows Vista.
In this forum, I haven't found any help that is actually useful (without going through the whole of this thread)
I checked to the forum which is posted in the signature of the founder of this game(hall of famer), but I haven't find anything that could help me.
If anyone knows how to solve it, please reply me.
Sorry, for posting this here.

Last edited:

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Years
  • Age 39
  • NC
  • Seen Nov 20, 2023
When the game's updated I won't have to start over from the beginning again will I? Can I just copy the files from the new version onto the older version and still keep my saved game?

DarthSenorQueso

Officially number 1 snake
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 28, 2016
Lols, I must say I have played many orange islands versions and this is the second best I have seen. (Next to the orange islands Text RPG)

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2009
Guys i had a problem with plot. I defated Team Rocket in Lighting C.O , was catch a crystal onix and travel to fossil cave. Cave is collapsed. I don.t know what can i do now ?? where is Rudy , where is invitation card for gym, wher can i get nano scope. ?
Any1 could halp me ?
Sorry for my bad english .

viemortevolroc

Beta Tester,Mapper Beginner
Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2009
i went thru all the trouble of downloading the game,which took FOREVER which is like 2 hours lol but when i tried to play it this error happened:
script 'PokemonMessages' Line 1110:Errno::ENOENT occured
No such file or directory - Audio/SE/Choose

PLEASE! send me a message and tell me what i did wrong,and the thingy im missing
sorry bout being a downer,but i really wanted to play this game

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Sorry guys I have to delay the public update to tomorrow(midnight probably). I had important business to discuss with game staff this afternoon, and now I have something about team HOF to announce. Lokiferne has agreed to join Pkmn HOF as the head scripter, which indicates that the team is almost completed. We have been working on lots of stuff like new maps, sprites, scripts and other custom features, and I will showcase what we have done in my next post. Thank you for the support!

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Lokiferne is in >.< You got yourself a very good scripter. Darn I guess I'll miss your epic update tomorrow :( Anyways great looking game ;)

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
can i be a mapper i do quaility work even though i have no game yet i am determined like to map and have lots of free time so can i please be a mapper.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Guess it's time to post an official update thread now, hopefully you will like it!

1. New Maps: We have completed a few new maps for Kanto and Orange Islands. We are using Kyledove tileset now, with additions of Wesley FG, Jonny and ~Red's tiles. I'd like to thank my mappers, tile artists and random contributors for doing such an excellent job. Here is the Viridian Forest map made by head mapper Jonny:

Spoiler:

And here are the Valencia Island and Tangelo Island maps by Hall of Famer, I'm still trying to adopt Jonny's mapping style. Please leave comments on my maps if you want to, constructive criticism is appreciated!

Valencia Island
Spoiler:

Tangelo Island:
Spoiler:

Also I think it's necessary to showcase the orangen islands tiles made by tile artist ~Red. His work is amazing!

Spoiler:

Note: ~Red's Orange Islands tiles are used in Pkmn HOF and his own fan game only. The screenshot above is converted to .jpg already, please do not ask permission to use his custom tiles, thanks.

2. New Character Sprites: Several sprites for Kanto and Orange Islands characters are completed already. I'd like to thank all my spriters this time!

CeruleanSisters.jpg

IndigoOpponents.jpg

MiscellaneousCharacters.jpg

These are the new item sprites for Orange Islands, credit given to Lynncreed:

itemsprites.jpg

3. New Pokemon: Are you surprised that new pokemon do exist in Pkmn HOF? Those pokemon are based on existing pokemon made by spriters who wish to see their fakemon in a fan game. I have implemented four pre-evolution pokemon made by Suzume into the game Pkmn HOF, and here is the screenie! They look cute, don't they?

screenshotpreevos.png

4. New Concepts: We have been working on new concepts as well. Most of the new concepts are still under development, but the new HM project is almost completed. You can take a look at the new HMs we are going to implemented here, we still need a better name for HM14 though:

Spoiler:

Besides, a significant change has to be made for Orange Islands. Since the new maps are at least three times bigger than the original maps, it becomes a lot more painstaking to surf from one island to another.

Spoiler:

As you may see from the screenshot above, the entire Orange Archipelago is divided into five smaller regions - Northwest, Northeast, Southwest, Southeast and Mandarin. The Lapras saved from the gangsters on Mount. Tangelo will be important in this case, and players can ride on this Lapras to travel between one mini-region and another. More screenshots will be given after my spriters finish the OW sprite of Ash riding on Lapras!

We have new concept for the gyms in Kanto as well, and the gym tiles will be revised. Here is a preview of Cerulean gym:

CeruleanGym-1.png

On the other hand, Pkmn HOF game staff, partners, contributors and supporters are encouraged to participate in the Viridian city trainer Hall project. Please drop me a VM or PM if you are interested.

5. New Features: Custom features are significant for Pkmn HOF as well. Most of you might have seen the D/P pokemon selection screen, and this is just one of the new features of Pkmn HOF. We are currently working on the Iphone Menu screen, and here is the first version of the new menu screen:

capture013-1.png

The Iphone screen is still under revision, and you will notice a bigger change next time!

Besides, I announce that the Wifi-feature of Pkmn HOF is almost completed, and online battle, online trade and mystery gift features will be added to the game. I'm sorry this should have been done a long time ago...

We are also working on other custom features. You might have seen pink pokemon in this game before, and the idea of pink pokemon has been revised. We are not going to replace shiny pokemon sprites by pink sprites anymore, and a new column pink form has been created. In this way, most pokemon will have at least three forms - Normal, shiny and pink. The item pinkan berry can be used to turn a certain pokemon to its pink form, but exceptions are possible since Legendary pokemon are immune to pinkan berry. There is going to be a pinkan forest on pinkan island, where wild pink pokemon can be found and captured.

On the other hand, the D/P moves/abilities project will be implemented in Pkmn HOF, thanks to Lokiferne(who is already officially a scripter of Pkmn HOF). Screenies will be given in recent future!

Again, I'd like to thank all those who have contributed to the project Pkmn HOF. This game is going nowhere without the help from my game staff, partners, contributors and supporters. Please notice me if you have a new idea to purpose, or if you can't find your name on the game staff or credit list. Have a good week, everyone! ^^

Last edited:

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
Years
Nice update, just had a quick glance before I'm moving off.

HM 14, how about De-Charge, Electi-Drain and etc...

Also your maps appear to be a little fuzzy compared to Jonny's, maybe it's how you've uploaded them, jpg, png, etc... but otherwise very good maps, will these ones be implemented in the new release of HOF or waiting for a later release ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back