• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I think Nimblethumbs will decide on that as it's his concept. ^_^
And wow that's one helluva long post.

I think it's unneeded. I mean, if you look at jirachi or mawile, you wouldn't think it's a steel type.

Years
Well, Jirachi is a star, and the closest thing that isn't fire type to a star is probably steel/metal, and Mawile does appear Steel-y, what with the colour scheme and general appearance. Still, it was just a suggestion, n_n.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Well, Jirachi is a star, and the closest thing that isn't fire type to a star is probably steel/metal, and Mawile does appear Steel-y, what with the colour scheme and general appearance. Still, it was just a suggestion, n_n.

Yeah, but if you look at blaydytes highlites, you'd think its steel.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
snakeason1.png

Winter and Spring versions of Snakeason. I'll work on the other two and edit these to look less... horrible, after I've done more research on B/W shading and colors. I just don't get the outlining methods at all.

Also, Summer and Autumn will look more intimidating; a cold snake is a listless snake, and I didn't really have any ideas for the Spring version's expression.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
Did someone mention fighting Pokémon?

Bunpaw.png

Name: Bunpaw
Etymology: Bunny+paw
Species: Rabbit
Class: The Big Paw Pokémon
Type/s: Fighting
Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon's large paws act as boxing gloves. It loves to play-fight with other Pokémon to prove its strength.
Ability/ies: Guts/Limber
Description: 1st stage fighting rabbit

Jackapaw.png

Name: Jackapaw
Etymology: Jackalope+paw
Species: Jackalope
Class: The Punching Pokémon
Type/s: Fighting
Pokédex Entry: Jackapaw spends most of its time practicing punches. Fallen trees and broken boulders are common signs of its training.
Ability/ies: Guts/Limber
Description: Evolution of Bunpaw

Last edited:

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
snakeason1.png

Winter and Spring versions of Snakeason. I'll work on the other two and edit these to look less... horrible, after I've done more research on B/W shading and colors. I just don't get the outlining methods at all.

Also, Summer and Autumn will look more intimidating; a cold snake is a listless snake, and I didn't really have any ideas for the Spring version's expression.
Heh, it looks bored. Mebbe give it large fangs and an angled head to make it hostile.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Heh, it looks bored. Mebbe give it large fangs and an angled head to make it hostile.

I'm not trying to make either of these look hostile; snakes usually hibernate in the winter, so a snake that's active during the winter would be understandably pathetic. The Spring version isn't up to full power, as its flower hasn't blossomed, so I was trying to reflect that. Have it protecting its tail, etc.

I have been thinking about fangs, though. Maybe small ones for Spring, large ones for Summer, moderate ones for Autumn. I also wanted each one to have an interesting feature other than the color scheme and tail, but I haven't thought of what it could be yet. I'm far from done, in any case, and I'm going to fix the Spring version's too-light-too-soft colors after looking into B/W sprites some more.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
BW Sprites seem to have more contrasting shades and more darker outlines from what I can tell. O_O
Anyways:

Name: Bambear
Type: Fighting
Pokedex: Bambear is constantly training itself in the wild to become stronger, it is also a popular pokemon, because of its appearance.
Abilities: Guts
Description: A cute, small panda with a belt on.
EDIT: Removed highlights
picture.php

My smallest sprite ever made!!! Woooot!
.................and prolly my worst, lol... xD

Anyways, feel free to pimp it.

Last edited:
Years
IMO bambear should be fighting/grass (bamboo+bear) I mean bamboo is the only thing they eat, it would effect them sooner or later :/ Hey! maybe it could have a bamboo staff

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
IMO bambear should be fighting/grass (bamboo+bear) I mean bamboo is the only thing they eat, it would effect them sooner or later :/ Hey! maybe it could have a bamboo staff

It's evolutions do I think.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years

The next evolutions are meant to have bamboo staffs. Also it's Pokemon so it doesn't necessarily have to have the exact characteristics of the real animal e.g. Sea Horses don't breathe fire. xD

Anyways, refer to the first page of the thread for more info on this Poke. I believe it's under Karpman's suggested idea bit.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I noticed the black outline thing... but I really don't see a correlation between the different instances in which it's used. So, I'm still looking into it.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Name: Azula
Etymology: Azul is blue is spanish.
Species: Blue Jay
Class: Sleek Feather
Type/s: Normal/Flying
Pokédex Entry: Azula love to glide across ponds. Not only does it do this to catch food but also to add shimmer to it's amazingly sleek blue feathers.
Ability/ies: Keen Eye/Damp
Description: It's a simple small blue-jay. Blue in color and a white face. It has three long feathers flowing from the back of it's head (much like pidgeot). It's eyes are red and it's feet are the same color as Articuno's.

Name: Soarouge
Etymology: Soar and Rouge (Red in French)
Species: Cardinal
Class: Showoff
Type/s: Normal/Flying
Pokédex Entry: Soarouge love to fly into the city where people can admire it's flaming red wings. It is in constant competition with Azula for attention.
Ability/ies: Keen Eye/Cute Charm
Description: It's a small red cardinal. Red body white face. Three long red feathers coming from its head. Unlike Azula it is sort of short and stout.

n0rul3s

Exploring Unova....
Years
Darrow.PNG

Name: Darrow
Etymology: from Dark and Crow
Species: Assasin Bird
Class: Killer
Type/s: Dark/Flying
Pokédex Entry: It stays in caves but it goes out only when the moon it`s full.
Ability/ies: Keen Eye/Pick Up
Description:Darrow is a strange bird with black and white feathers and a long beak just lika a toucan`s.

Years
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I noticed the black outline thing... but I really don't see a correlation between the different instances in which it's used. So, I'm still looking into it.

As a rule of thumb, sprites in the Gen V style use a black and darker outline colours in greater amounts. The general outline colouring and shading in general also differs from Gen IV style. Often there's less use of shading in general.

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
Years
@Chesu
Even though i'm not a creator,even though they are pretty nice designs,they are also too large. Compare them with size of other sprites.
It's around the size of Reshiram,Zekrom or Kyurem,and its tangled up,making it even bigger than Wailord when "unknotted".

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
Compare them with size of other sprites.
It's around the size of Reshiram,Zekrom or Kyurem,and its tangled up,making it even bigger than Wailord when "unknotted".

It's not 'tangled up', it's coiled. XD

I don't know why, but the idea of a tangled up snake is hilarious. Anyway, that's the only snake pose that won't make it look like an existing Pokemon, as it hasn't been used since the original games. In regard to the size, it takes up about the same space as tnguye3's Swampike. Uncoiled, my Snakeason WOULD be longer than Wailord's sprite, but that doesn't mean anything; Wailord is forty-seven feet long, while Azurill is eight inches tall.

Spr_5b_298.png
Spr_5b_321.png

Pokemon come in such different sizes that it would be impossible to accurately depict with sprites like these. I would say that my Snakeason is around thirty feet long, which is how big the type of snake I based it on gets. If anyone thinks its too big for a standalone species, they can make a baby form or something.

Nimblethumbs

Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
Well, for blaydyte, it looks good as it is. So maybe that could be a final sprite and Ice could edit the description so the tail-attached to body thing is gone. And the horn not suitable for combat thing. The horn looks too epic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back