• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th gen team help

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
so im getting a team together so i can start playing against other players.
im new to competitive play so any advice you can give me would be most appreciated. this is what i have for my line up so far. need 2 more pkmn.
was concidering Froslass/Gallade/Weavile/Venusaur/Kingdra

Arcanine @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Adamant/ Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Att/252 Spe
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Extreme Speed
HP Grass
Morning Sun

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid/ Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP/188 Spe/68 Def
Moves:
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Extrasensory/Water Pulse
Body Slam/Thunder Wave

Swampert @ Leftovers
Adamant/Relaxed
EVs: 248 HP/44 Att/216 Def
Moves:
Earthquake
Stealth Rock
Ice Punch
Protect/Waterfall

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid
EVs: 4 Hp/252 SpA/252 Spe
Moves:
Substitute
Focus Blast
Thunderbolt
Shadow Ball

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Togekiss needs Roost in the third slot so it can keep paraflinching the opponent.

Swampert needs Ice Beam over Ice Punch so that it can deal with physical walls more easily, and the EVs need to be this: 248 HP/216 Def/44 SDef.

Gengar can also make use of Pain Split over Thunderbolt because Ghost + Fighting has perfect coverage. It can also use Hidden Power (Fire) for Scizor and Forretress without resorting to Focus Blast or Hypnosis to shut down a counter (although it misses a lot).

Back