• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Collision

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2012
I still may need help with a few ideas to polish the rough edges of the story but i have an idea of how i would like the game to work. What i would need is dedicated and experienced spriters, mappers, tilers, etc, to help me.

Story

When The digital monster world (Digimon) comes down with an unknown virus that can infect and "kill" digimon, the tamers of the monsters finds a way to make them real, thus, stumbling and intruding on the pokemon world. It it us to the player to choose a side to battle against as there is only room for one specie of monster.

Features

Tamers replace Team Rocket or standard evil organization.
New Areas.
No Gyms, just objectives depending on what side one picks.
Generation one Digimon.
Pokemon from Johto, Kanto, and possibly Hoenn.
Two on Two battles.
Can learn five moves (possibly)

Act I/Pokemon side

One day you wake up and hear something on the news about a new outbreak of strange pokemon that seem to be coming from out of thin air. You head to the professor (who is also your brother) of town X to get better details and he isn't sure where these new 'pokemon' are emerging from. You both journey out to where a rumored source of the outbreak is. You two instantly stumble upon the strange pokemon but unlike common pokemon, this one actually speaks. When your brother/professor gives you a pokemon to battle it, you defeat it and a 'trainer' comes along and yells at you two for hurting its digimon.

Act I/ Digimon side

You just awakened in your room after returning from the digital world. Five days has passed since your friend/Tamer has been working to bring the digital monsters to the real world. When you head to his lab, he claims it is a success and gives you a DigiVice (pokeball) that lets you easily tame corrupted (wild) digimon out i the world. He gives you a DigiVice that contains one of the three starter digimon to travel out and to explore the strange world of what people call 'pokemon'

I know the idea may not be picture perfect but it's there and i think pretty good. if you're serious about helping me, please post below or email em at [email protected]

Thank you

This is what i have so far and i would like to greatly expand upon this idea as i think this is a fresh breath for pokemon and digimon.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
I like this idea. I have actually thought about this sort of things since I was a small kid watching Pokemon and Digimon on TV.

Are you aiming to have a converging storyline? I.e. regardless of what side you choose, the result varies, but the outcome is the same (i.e. Digimon win).

When you pick a side, are you restricted to using only Digimon/Pokemon? Or can you make teams that are a combination of both, but must use mainly your side? I think it would be pretty awesome to have a Charizard and a WereGarurumon on the same team :p If there are evil humans, there must be evil Pokemon. Am I right?

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
  • Seen Sep 9, 2016
I love this idea! It is extremely unique (As far as I know) and I'm looking forward to seeing it.

If you decide to add extra Digimon, then could you add MachGaogamon and its line?

Also, I want to know the answer to DemonGyro's question as well. WarGreymon and Blaziken would make an ultimate duo.

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
When The digital monster world (Digimon) comes down with an unknown virus that can infect and "kill" digimon, the tamers of the monsters finds a way to make them real, thus, stumbling and intruding on the pokemon world.
Digiworld of which season? Also, tamers like in "Digimon Tamers"?
Generation one Digimon.
He gives you a DigiVice that contains one of the three starter digimon to travel out and to explore the strange world of what people call 'pokemon'
Seems like you mix things up.

It it us to the player to choose a side to battle against as there is only room for one specie of monster.
Why would it be so? Why only one species? (And I'm very sure "species" is not the right term here as the Pokémon have different species themselves, I believe)

So, which program do you think of using for creating this game?
Also, say which references do you have to make us believe you will get things done? :D

By the ways, except for legendarys there is no Pokémon that could compare it's strength with a Mega-Lvl Digimon

Also Digimon must be able to envolve back, mostly after the fight. As awesome the idea may sound to combine two rival Anime series, the concept is just different. In additon, instead of having a Digidex or something you have no freakin' clue of the evolution families of Digimon in general.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
I was looking at a few tools that allow you to modify the evolutionary trees of Pokemon and it seems that you can actually add in cases to evolve into any Pokemon you want, so degeneration of a Digimon can be done by giving the Digimon a "new" item that would trigger the evolution to the lower stage.

I even found a video of Shaymin evolving into Shaymin. Sadly I cannot link yet, so just google "Shaymin evolves into Shaymin" and it'll be there.

Also, degeneration may not be required. Maybe Digivolution works completely different in the Pokemon world!

Ayutac

Developer who wants your help
Years
Maybe Digivolution works completely different in the Pokemon world!
That sounds just like "Maybe Akatsuki would be nice if you know them better". It is simply not thought that way and it would be no cool to change it because plot says so (and happens to make everything easier). Because I just happened to rewatch Season 1, I remember Gatomon stating clearly she was only able to keep the Champion-Lvl up because of immense training (while getting constantly beaten up by Myotismon). You would at least need some Level to let it be as it is. And don't forget the huge penalty for Ultra or Mega level.

Years
  • Seen Dec 6, 2012
That sounds just like "Maybe Akatsuki would be nice if you know them better". It is simply not thought that way and it would be no cool to change it because plot says so (and happens to make everything easier). Because I just happened to rewatch Season 1, I remember Gatomon stating clearly she was only able to keep the Champion-Lvl up because of immense training (while getting constantly beaten up by Myotismon). You would at least need some Level to let it be as it is. And don't forget the huge penalty for Ultra or Mega level.

Though that is true, the Digimon games for the DS allow you to stay at whichever step (e.g. Ultimate) you get to and you are never forced to degenerate. When you do degenerate, you keep all the stat gains, you just drop down a step and go back to being level 1. You can actually see the next stage(s) that you can digivolve or degenerate to in the menu system as well. It is pretty balanced in the DS games, but the system may not mesh well with that of Pokemon.

Depends on the level of complexity Akita would want to put into the game...

Back