• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You could always monocolor it...and use whatever color Moltres fits in so that you can name it James. :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm already using moltres in the gym leader challenge, and if I was gonna mono color I would like to do it on a game that I can actually see what color my pokemon are, since Nintendo decided that the gameboy advance sp didn't need the ability to read super gameboy colors. Everything would look red. Any other ideas?

Years
I've been contemplating a fairly interesting challenge. It involves all pokemon of a player's party that are used in battle to have the same move.

i.e. an entire team where all the pokemon know slash.

I'm thinking that this would encourage people plotting out their teams:
-something like solarbeam would ideally isolate you to grass, fire, and normal types
-something like tackle would give someone a broad spectrum, but a weak move that every team member must have

I'm curious for input.
Also, if anybody likes it, feel free to go ahead and start up the challenge. I'm very busy, and the most i could hope to do is maybe join it, much less moderate the challenge.

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
I remember there once being a challenge like that. Don't remember how long lifespan / interest it got though.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I'm thinking about reviving this challenge:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234182

Just wanted to see if there was any interest. Looks like it had a really long run, as it was active through late last year. It seems like a cool challenge in my mind as it's a good chance to force yourself to use Pokemon you normally would never use, either because you couldn't fit it into your team, or the Pokemon in question is caught too late or after the end of the game to be usable.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I like the Hunger Games challenge. It looks really fun to play. But I don't like the part about your Pokemon fainting and you can't use it anymore. I don't like those challenges :[

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Ohh I remember seeing The Ones That Got Away some time ago when I wasn't into challenges and thinking it was cool. I'd do it! :D

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Necrum, I loved that challenge. I ended up dropping it because the thread went inactive though. :( idk when I'd be able to participate, but it was really popular and I think it would still go over well! :)

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
@altaria/Rewy: There was, but the OP did a pretty poor job of it (in my opinion) and made you choose between like 10 different moves. And I think there was some other restriction that was just dumb and made a bunch of people not want to do it.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I'm thinking about reviving this challenge:

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=234182

Just wanted to see if there was any interest. Looks like it had a really long run, as it was active through late last year. It seems like a cool challenge in my mind as it's a good chance to force yourself to use Pokemon you normally would never use, either because you couldn't fit it into your team, or the Pokemon in question is caught too late or after the end of the game to be usable.
That was a nice challenge, I did that one early in my challenge career here :). Sammuthegreat was a great owner for that one, although he hasn't been around for a long time.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Right. I'll get on that as soon as possible then. I need to figure out what game I'm gonna play it on and create a brand new layout, since the old thread was a bit dated. Not to mention create a new list of ones that got away! XD

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Great. :) Hopefully I'll be able to participate some time. I've already got another challenge planned to post after I finish either my Random or Gym Leader though, so we'll see~!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back