• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hieros Gamos (In development!)

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
dwartle4v2hueshift.gif

Introduction/Plot

Hieros Gamos is a 3v3 monster-battler RPG based on Dragon Warrior Monsters, Pokemon, and Shin Megami Tensei. It is currently being developed in Game Maker 8.

In the world of Roeizek, alchemy has developed so much that it is the single driving force behind everything in the world. The form of alchemy used in Roeizek is homunculus based - most alchemists get by through summoning and binding powerful creatures to do their bidding. After they are finished with, these creatures get released into the wild, causing an influx of monsters surrounding towns and cities. This development called for a new breed of alchemist, one who had the utmost understanding of the homunculi - one who could bind any homunculus to their will.

You are the younger brother/sister of one of these alchemists. Your sister, Morgan, set off three years ago in order to study the Hieros Gamos, the ultimate breeding rite between two super-powerful homunculi. One year ago she was pronounced missing, and you haven't gotten any contact from her until now.

On your doorstep lays a small package. Inside said package is a large crystal - one homunculi are known to produce after they breed.

The return address is illegible, except for the name "Morgan".

As you wait for the crystal to hatch, you read the note left behind by Morgan.

"Please don't come after me. I'm fine."

This isn't the truth. You know it that if Morgan was really okay she'd come home.

When the crystal hatches, you set off to find your sister, and ultimately, the secret of the Hieros Gamos...

4starters1-2.gif

Features

-Battle with, breed, and raise over 150 homunculi in their 4 stages of growth
-3v3 battle system with combination attacks and over 200 skills
-Three-faceted Personality system means no two homunculi are exactly the same
-4 Basic and 16 Complex elements, each with its own focus
-Megaten-style recruitment - convince a homunculi to join your side, if you dare
-Retro-style homunculus graphics

The elements:
Spoiler:

The first type of Personality, thinking type:
Spoiler:

mermaid.gif

Team

Medical Meccanica/Rashoumon/Masquerain: Game Design, Story, Monster Graphics and Design
Zukilord: GMK Coder
MiniMozart: Musician
ArtisticTiger: Tile Artist

Last edited:

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
I should probably keep you guys updated, shouldn't I?

Good news and bad news...

The good news is I got a job!

The bad news is that due to this and my own personal slacking, we won't have a full-blown demo by the 10th.

Instead, screenshots of the battle system, overworld, etc are a likely prospect.

As an apology, enjoy these sprites:

sylphenv24-2.gif
hummzilo4-1.gif
sloag4.gif
mause4.gif
coffatos4.gif
bassicore4-3.gif
dorappa4-1.gif

And a preview of the status boxes in battle:

battlestatus.gif

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Heh, nice sprites. Looking great. I saw this on PlanetDev.
Too bad about the demo not being released. But congratulations on getting a job :)

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
Everyone on the team (including our new tile artist) got hit by RL at about the same time... Figured I'd do a quick update with a mockup:

mockup2.png

This isn't a proper screenshot, just a fake one. :P

Also, the musician's been on track. Listen to his stuff for the game Here.

Back