• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do people eat in Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
Alright, let me break it down for you. Now listen closely...

First, the Pokemon World is essentially the real world. Just with the Unnamed Pokemon Nation in Japan's place(Although they do make references to Japan in Golduck's entry). Therefore, they do eat Cow, Fish, Shrimp, Etc. If you don't know what I mean, think of it like this. Kanto's Saffron City. If you put it up to Tokyo, It will perfectly match. Sinnoh is northern Japan, Hoenn is southern. Now I've always found this to be true, and I think it explains alot. If you also take into consideration the MooMoo Milk, Tauros, Magikarp Etc., I think you'll find that the answer is quite satisfactory.

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
Years
Honestly, I think that everyone here has seen how similar the Pokémon regions are to Japan. ¬¬ *off-topic*

Each environment and country has its own habits for food, clothing etc. People here are discussing about the food preferences in this land we call Pokémon World/Nation/Country/whatever fits your OMG so clever mind. What is eaten there? How do their habits differ from ours or from Japanese people? This is the topic.

ChrisTom

With all regards,
Years
I'm sorry... I really am. I've just seen so many Super-Noobs go like this;

"OMG! I love (<3) teh pokeman isaland of Kanto! It's soo 1337(leet)!, I'm so coolL:D :D >D

I'm just tired of people calling Kanto "Pokemon Island" Sorry...

On your topic of what is eaten there, I believe they eat normal food like we eat. There is with no doubt the inclusion of eating Pokemon as food. Although it does seem a little inhumane, considering there is a large amount of evidence that they are as intelligent as humans. If I'm not mistaken, they also can understand human speech. Evidenced by Meowth, they understand human speech entirely, they just have a hard time pronouncing syllables(sorry off topic again). The Culture there seems to be a mix between Japanese, American, and other influences. But you do see references to our world's countries (Rapidash has a bit about Ayers rock, Golduck has a reference to Japan). Anyway's I'm sorry and I wanted to say thank you iLaxbe! for pointing me out.

Arcis

Pokémon Breeder
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 22, 2020
First off, I want to thank everyone who's replied to this topic. A lot of really good thoughts going on here, and I appreciate it. But now I'm confused again. Is there cannon proof that there are other animals than Pokemon? If so, I can easily see them being eaten and that would handle my own qualms about people eating intelligent creatures (minus Feebas, which is quoted as lacking in the intelligence department - no offense Feebas/Milotic fans).

So, here's what I would like. If you answer "yes", can you please reference it as best you can? Conversely, if you answer "no" can you give a solid reason? Not trying to spark a debate, I'm just hopeful that someone can clear my confusion. Thanks so much!

iLaxbe!

by Duke R
Years
Okay milady, hope this answer your question about real animals in Pokémon.
I55.jpg
<-- Episode 61 - Cerulean Gym

Well, if you consider that what is shown in the cartoon can be taken as true, here it is.

Arcis

Pokémon Breeder
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 22, 2020
I'm pretty sure the anime counts as cannon, so yes, I appreciate that muchly. Thanks, ¡Laxbe!

Skull Guardian

I am now FrostPheonix.
Years
What DO they eat?

Actually, nice question. Not a lot of people think about this as this is completely ignored in the anime.
Well, Brock makes stew from berries, right? They seem to eat a lot of berries, if you guys haven't noticed. Berry stew, berries raw, berries, berries, berries. Only the restaurants and all give meat. And what if they are scavengers? Just kidding, they wouldn't go that low... would they? And there are the fishers with those large nets and those with the fishing rod, so I suspect they do eat Remoraid shrimp or something. :)

Syphr

Happy to meet new people ^^
Years
I could really go for some roast Farfetch'd right about now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back