• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] SPEE - Super Pokemon Eevee Edition [Full Game]

How to do rate.

• Awesome!!!

Votes: 924 72.0%
  • Alright!

Votes: 190 14.8%
  • Average

Votes: 77 6.0%
  • Awful..

Votes: 21 1.6%
  • Abomination....

Votes: 72 5.6%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jan 9, 2018
Heya just popping by to say thanks for answering my questions, and to say that I'm flattered you used my suggestion.

I wouldn't mind a preview demo. I'd like to see your progress so far.

BCKC

A nobody, just like you.
Years
Preview demo?
Definitely.

Female protagonist?
Well, you could just make a separate one, but that would need a backstory as to where she came from. (Although it is easier.)

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Ill probably ditch the female protagonist idea. It's gonna take too much work.

I've been doing a decent amount of progress. just been coding up the updated refining system while watching through entourage, such a great TV show.
Ill probably do a preview demo, Im trying to get the refining system and tutorial complete before the weekends over.

Also, the total downloads for Demo6 have passed demo5 now. :D sitting just under 1000.

Last edited:

PiaCRT

[i]Orange Dev[/i]
Years
Looking good man. You've inspired me to move from Pokemon onto original RPGs, and I think I wouldn't have gotten there without playing this game, as it was the greatest transition I've ever experienced. To anyone reading this, if you haven't played this game, you should. It's worth the memories.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
Years
Looking good man. You've inspired me to move from Pokemon onto original RPGs, and I think I wouldn't have gotten there without playing this game, as it was the greatest transition I've ever experienced. To anyone reading this, if you haven't played this game, you should. It's worth the memories.
Well said. I definitely have to agree. I have played a variety of RPG games, from Final Fantasy to Pokemon. This piece of work...; better yet, this piece of art is a symbol as to the very original style of RPG game. Plus, it helps to have a good change-up to the classics we all know and admire.

Guardian Eevee X

Legendary Figure
Years
I love it! ^-^

When I was wondering the endless sea we call the internet, I happened to bump into this while looking something else up, seeing the game "Super Pokemon Eevee Edition" almost made my heart leap. I played it up to the current point and I couldn't put it down before-hand. It was very well made. I love the idea of a FF and Poke mesh. Though after it was done to the current point. I had a couple of things I saw but maybe has been brought up already. Example like

In Ferreus Town, the guy next to the poke center is walking on the cliff from time to time.

Also, with the DYNO system, is there gonna be a cactus sprite for the new sprite in the desert? Right now they are only white squares.

Other than that, I couldn't see any problems with it.

For those who haven't played it's way worth it. I would recommend it to my friends.

I'm very eager to see more patches added in, in the later dates. Keep up the good work.

G.E.X

DarkDoom3000

Years

Well said. I definitely have to agree. I have played a variety of RPG games, from Final Fantasy to Pokemon. This piece of work...; better yet, this piece of art is a symbol as to the very original style of RPG game. Plus, it helps to have a good change-up to the classics we all know and admire.
Yeah, that was one of my original intentions when starting this; to do something differet, there are lots of official styled games being made with the starter kits, I needed to make it stand out from the crowd.

When I was wondering the endless sea we call the internet, I happened to bump into this while looking something else up, seeing the game "Super Pokemon Eevee Edition" almost made my heart leap. I played it up to the current point and I couldn't put it down before-hand. It was very well made. I love the idea of a FF and Poke mesh. Though after it was done to the current point. I had a couple of things I saw but maybe has been brought up already. Example like

In Ferreus Town, the guy next to the poke center is walking on the cliff from time to time.

Also, with the DYNO system, is there gonna be a cactus sprite for the new sprite in the desert? Right now they are only white squares.

Other than that, I couldn't see any problems with it.

For those who haven't played it's way worth it. I would recommend it to my friends.

I'm very eager to see more patches added in, in the later dates. Keep up the good work.

G.E.X

Didn't know about the desert cactus gltich, will fix.

anybody know the current status of this game?
In development. It's about 70% complete (6 gyms) progress has been slowed due to various other stuff im also doing at the same time (making this, making a website, games, working out, and actually working)

Im currently databasing all the enemy pokemon Which is one of the parts of rebalancing the game. before i made them as i went along, which ended up getting messy, so im adding all the enemy pokemon at once, so progress will be much nicer. And I can rebalance stuff a lot easilier.

Another plus side of all the pre-emptive databasing, is that I might be able to add Difficulty Levels to the game. But it's a slow and painful process.

Still working on it, but no real progress to show for it. :(

Guardian Eevee X

Legendary Figure
Years
One other thing...

Can you fix up the bad fishing spot on Imbibo Lake in the future patches? The spot there is still corrupt even after catching the corrupt Croconaw.

Or is there a another one in there in the future patches? :o

Right now though, I keep finding that corrupt Croconaw and after that it's the boss music with any battle... can you fix that?

Last edited:
Years
Well, I really hate to say this, but I'm gonna have to stop playing your game (at least until its finished). The motherboard on my laptop is fried. I got a new one, but seeing as I'm two semester from graduating, its really needs to be mostly for school. My stepdad wants to try to get it fixed and if he does then I'll be back on the game. If not, then I'll wait until the full release to download it. Which means I will be keeping an eye on this. Good luck with not only this game, but school as well.

Sylvie18

Stray Cat
Years
  • Age 31
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 1, 2015
Loving the game so far, the story line is so different and unique that it keeps me wanting to play and the fact that you dont need HM cut is a bonus :). i'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy and Pokemon so seeing them combined is absolutely awesome! Nobuo Uematsu's music is truly amazing, i find it fits with pokemon more than the actual pokemon music. Keep up the good work :D

eeveegirl777

Haha! I'm using the internets!
Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
Wow, this is... This is really good! I love it! the music really fits the feel of the game, and starting with eevee is pretty kick-ass on it's own.

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2022
I just wanted to say that this game is awesome. I played through it once and I'm 2 gyms into my second file. The only flaws I can find are already in the Change Log or Known Bugs. It inspired me to try and make my own Pokemon game in RPG Maker 2003, which also ended up being in GSC style, but it's a lot of work!

Years
This game looks great and sounds great, and I really want to play it. However, I've only ever seen hacks in .gba and .ips format, so I'm very confused, as there doesn't appear to be either of these in the version 6 download. What format is the hack itself, and how do I play it on my vba(I should be able to use vba, as it should be able to play gameboy and gameboy color games)? Nevermind.... Well, in my first half hour, I got utterly addicted to it T.T I guess I'll have a lot of late nights now... but that's a good thing. I think?

Also, thank you for creating the evolving/devolving Eevee. I've always wanted one :)

Last edited:

Altias

Ms. Nomnomnom
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 5, 2014
I've been playing this a bit - I love this game :3
The concept's awesome as well.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2022
Say @DarkDoom, I was wondering how hard it would be / possible at all to implement a custom controls feature?

Also, something I noticed in the 0.7 changelog. I posted in July about the correlation between the official stats and the in-game stats (post here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6767285#post6767285).

Basically: HP, Attack, and Speed are the same, Defense covers both physical and special defense, Special correlates to Sp Attack, and Special Defense could be used to determine PP.

But in the changelog, it says that the in-game Special stat is determined by Special Defense and that in-game PP is determined by the Special Attack stat. I just want to clarify, since DarkDoom is entering all the pokes in for v0.7 .

Last edited:

DarkDoom3000

Years
Happy new year (yeah, a bit late)

pokecommunity has been acting up on my end, would give me page not found errors when i logged in. seems to have been fixed *knocks on wood*
nothing really to show,
Been busy, slowly grinding through the monster that is the enemy database.
I've nearly completed the first 150 pokemon, which is good [over 25% done now].

Once that's done, I'll easily be able to make the Battle Zone for the rainbow tower.
I've been contemplating whether to allow your pokemon, or the game preselecting pokemon. Im leaning towards the pre-selected as I won't have to worry about awarding too much XP or stuff like that.

I actually started reading the pokemon adventures manga, quite interesting, Im probably gonna incorparate it into the battle zone, allowing you play through the battles and using the manga panels to create a narrative.

anyways; replies.
Can you fix up the bad fishing spot on Imbibo Lake in the future patches? The spot there is still corrupt even after catching the corrupt Croconaw.

Or is there a another one in there in the future patches? :o

Right now though, I keep finding that corrupt Croconaw and after that it's the boss music with any battle... can you fix that?
Yeah, someone mentioned that before, it's fixed for the next version. Just some bad programming that caused that.

Well, I really hate to say this, but I'm gonna have to stop playing your game (at least until its finished). The motherboard on my laptop is fried. I got a new one, but seeing as I'm two semester from graduating, its really needs to be mostly for school. My stepdad wants to try to get it fixed and if he does then I'll be back on the game. If not, then I'll wait until the full release to download it. Which means I will be keeping an eye on this. Good luck with not only this game, but school as well.
That's all good. we all have real lives, sorry to hear about your laptop.

Loving the game so far, the story line is so different and unique that it keeps me wanting to play and the fact that you dont need HM cut is a bonus :). i'm a huge fan of Final Fantasy and Pokemon so seeing them combined is absolutely awesome! Nobuo Uematsu's music is truly amazing, i find it fits with pokemon more than the actual pokemon music. Keep up the good work :D
thanks :D, nice to see a FF fan. Yeah, the HMs are one of thoes things I couldn't properly program, so i went the HM Item route instead; which worked out better. (because I hate HMs)
I agree with your statement about the music, i love it and find it interesting how easily it fits into the game.

Wow, this is... This is really good! I love it! the music really fits the feel of the game, and starting with eevee is pretty kick-ass on it's own.
true that :)
Always thought eevees were interesting, and giving it the ability to evolve/devolve at will just seemed like a no brainer.

I just wanted to say that this game is awesome. I played through it once and I'm 2 gyms into my second file. The only flaws I can find are already in the Change Log or Known Bugs. It inspired me to try and make my own Pokemon game in RPG Maker 2003, which also ended up being in GSC style, but it's a lot of work!
thanks, good luck on your game. It's definetly gonna take a lot of dedication to make a game. good luck on it. Nice to see more and more GSC styled games appearing.

This game looks great and sounds great, and I really want to play it. However, I've only ever seen hacks in .gba and .ips format, so I'm very confused, as there doesn't appear to be either of these in the version 6 download. What format is the hack itself, and how do I play it on my vba(I should be able to use vba, as it should be able to play gameboy and gameboy color games)? Nevermind.... Well, in my first half hour, I got utterly addicted to it T.T I guess I'll have a lot of late nights now... but that's a good thing. I think?

Also, thank you for creating the evolving/devolving Eevee. I've always wanted one :)
ah, good to see you figured it out in time :D
make sure to get some sleep. lol.

I've been playing this a bit - I love this game :3
The concept's awesome as well.
Thanks:), it is quite different; which makes it stand out.

Say @DarkDoom, I was wondering how hard it would be / possible at all to implement a custom controls feature?

Also, something I noticed in the 0.7 changelog. I posted in July about the correlation between the official stats and the in-game stats (post here: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?p=6767285#post6767285).

Basically: HP, Attack, and Speed are the same, Defense covers both physical and special defense, Special correlates to Sp Attack, and Special Defense could be used to determine PP.

But in the changelog, it says that the in-game Special stat is determined by Special Defense and that in-game PP is determined by the Special Attack stat. I just want to clarify, since DarkDoom is entering all the pokes in for v0.7 .

Custom controls are impossible sadly; basically, RPGmaker2003 isn't really all that customisible, thats actually the reason this game has the battle system that it does, because RM2k3 won't let me customise it more :O
That said, there might be some sort of program that re-routes controls or something.

as for the special question;
RPGmaker2003 uses HP, MP(or PP for this game), Attack, Defence, Intelligence(special) and Speed.

and the official pokemon use HP, Attack, Defence, Special, Speed

when making the pokemon for RM2k3, for HP, Attack, Defence and Agility i use the official stats.

Intelligence works like the special stat in GEN I pokemon games. covering both special attack and special defence.

for intelligence, I use the pokemon's special Defence stat. While for PP i use the pokemon's special attack stat.

So a pokemon with lots of special attack in the official games will instead have lots of PP in this game.

and a pokemon with lots of special defence in the official games will have lots of Special.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
This really is a brilliant fangame. My favorite thing about the game is that the characters know they are in a game.

Jared

Some Cool Kid
Years
This is absolutely amazing! I can't wait to finish the demo... PLEASE keep up the good work! Can't wait for the full release.

Edit: Found a little glitch. In the Academy Garden, if you're on your bike and you inspect the bad fishing spot next the fat man, it dismounts your bike but you keep regular bike speed. I assume this happens with any fishing spot, just a heads up.

Also just a small feature request: some sort of indicator if a Pokemon can learn a TM before you actually attempt to teach it... sort of like how it works in stock games.

When changing Eevee forms you move to the bottom slot in the party, not sure if this is intended or not. (Another problem, here's a scenario. "Jolteon gets burned, I switched to Vaporeon, I go to the Pokemon Center, I switch back to Jolteon... he still has his burn)

Sorry for mass editing this thread, I just keep finding some issues. In the Chip Piece item it's spelled Chip Peice, and so is Ember "Peice". Is this intentional?

Last edited:
Back