• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The many frustrations of writing~

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
Years
What frustrates you the most when it comes to writing? Is it not being able to think of how to write a chapter? Is it facing a bout of writer's block you can't seem to shake? What?

For me, it would be a lot of things. I get frustrated with myself because it seems like my brain doesn't want to bother. Like, I know I have more potential than I realize. I also know that if I can feel like writing, I should be able to do it no problem, right?

So, what are some of your frustrations with writing?

bobandbill

one more time
Years
A current one I'm having is that I have mplete ideas for stories. One particular one has changed a whole bunch (and I've been flip-flopping between it being a Pokemon fic or original fic, bluh), but there's a lot of gaps in-between that I'm yet to sort out. Any ideas for that have just come via a drip-feed.

Years
When you get the perfect idea for a story, but by the time you get on a computer then you've completely forgotten it.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Probably the actual part of writing the story out. I can't seem to focus on anything for too long, so it's really the hardest part for me in more ways than just word choice. It's often a painfully slow process as I try to concentrate as long as I can, but my mind likes to hop around too much for me to spend as much time as I want on it.

Bay

Years
Hardest part for me is being negative over my writing to be honest. I can be able to focus on finishing one story until the end fine, but on occasions where I haven't written in several months it's because I don't feel good about my writing. I feel bad having that feeling sometimes as I know several folks that like my writing and I don't want anyone to feel they're obligated to comment on my work. Whenever someone else gets praise on a much more constant basis, though, I feel I'm more mediocre than anything. I have someone told me to combat that is review other works and I've been doing that when possible, but that feeling still creeps in once in a while and I'm just like "why bother", bleh. Luckily I'm able to get stuff written the past several weeks, so hopefully I can keep that momentum up.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 1, 2016
Finding time now. I have so many ideas, but so many other things to do...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
Finding motivation to sit down and write can be difficult some times, so I try and remove any distractions before I get started. I also find that working through writer's block can be a struggle. I find the best way is to skip forward in the story's outline and start writing on that instead, then working my way back towards the section I'm having trouble with.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Usually when I develop stories, I have a bunch of little scenes and ideas I would like to implement so I sort of just throw them all on a page. The hardest part for me is putting them together chronologically in a way that makes sense and develops the story. The actual writing process is really easy for me, but the development part of it is so... ugh. I can't write if I have nothing to write about, lol.

Back