• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Game Length

Years
  • Age 37
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 11, 2018
I want to see a geographically larger region with longer routes between cities and towns; routes that have more and better things to do; a captivating storyline that ties together the main part of the game; a transposition of that storyline in the post-game quest; and a couple different paths to choose for your storyline rather than just setting out to become an elite champion who defeats the Gyms and the Elite Four. That is, allow the storyline to evolve and change depending on the choices you make in-game.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I want to see a geographically larger region with longer routes between cities and towns; routes that have more and better things to do; a captivating storyline that ties together the main part of the game; a transposition of that storyline in the post-game quest; and a couple different paths to choose for your storyline rather than just setting out to become an elite champion who defeats the Gyms and the Elite Four. That is, allow the storyline to evolve and change depending on the choices you make in-game.

I agree with your first two points, but I severely doubt the last one would ever happen. Pokémon is just a linear game and I don't see that changing any time soon. The story that Game Freak and Nintendo have always wanted to tell and will continue to want to tell is the one of the hero stopping the evil team as they gather badges to gain entrance to the Pokémon League. Giving ways to branch off from that just doesn't really work.

demonta4

President of Demonta Games
Years
I think they could make the game longer by adding more side/post game quests. Maybe Nintendo will release DLC for bigger maps or more quests.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
Years
  • Va
  • Seen Aug 23, 2014
Going along with what someone said about the expansion of routes, that is one of the things I LOVED about Hoenn and its water routes; They were so expansive and maze-like at the time that it added a lot more to the exploration side of the games. Take a concept like that(make routes less straightforward), along with adding in more side quests and expanding gameplay in general, etc. and you've got yourself a great game in my eyes.

I speak for myself but I do not like walking in practically a straight line to the next town. That is one of the things I truly disliked about Unova(more so with BW, B2W2 somewhat fixed it), it was just a little too linear. I like having to go all over the place.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I agree and disagree with you on one point: the water routes. I loved that they were so expansive and almost labyrinth-like, but the annoying thing was the amount of wild encounters that you occurred. The length of the routes was enough to add some more length and variety to the game, but that encounter rate was painful. I'd love to see some more expansive routes as well to add some length to the game and make it a little less linear, but definitely not with water.

Back