• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon NeoEras - The Tropical Adventure~!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Hey, Riceeman here just saying hi. I'm the newest member of the Generations Crew! So if you see any Custom Overworld Sprites, you can complain to me.

Nice banner by the way Archayos.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Cool. Is that a Banette evo? It's a really nice sprite :D

Atomic Reactor

Wow, your mapping is great. The maps look amazing ^_^
the whole overall game looks good. it really makes it feel like summer outside lol.
i wanna go have some lemonade and go swimming =)

jsut one problem. the newest screenshots, the door on the lab is wrong. unless you want it to be red, it's suppose to be green though.
i have 8 door animations (including the green door) incase you want them?
PM me if you want those.

Keep up the amazing work!

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Oh wow o_o Seriously, more and more replies everytime I log in XD

Thank you guys, a lot! I can't stress how much this project depends on you guys and various donators. I once more would like to thank everyone for supporting us!

I've also updated the Credits Section with Don Patch and Atomic Reactor for both contributing to the game. Thanks guys! ^_^

@Bian: The game isn't a hack, so there won't be a beta. However a Demo is definitely a possibility at the time, however right now I'm just working on getting the main chunks of the game done.

@HeavyOctillery: Thanks :3 I'm glad the teaser caught your interest!

@Libra: I'm really liking those names. Do you mind if I use them for some unnamed towns?

@Archayos: Thanks man! I've added your userbar to the main page! ^_^

@Rm2k3kid: Hey, thanks a lot! I didn't expect to see you reply~

@Wichu: Maybe : x The winner will be announced soon, everyone!

Alright, and if you didn't see what I posted earlier, I didn't plan on posting updates according to the thread replies anymore. But since Archayos over here said I still would on 40 replies, I'm going to show you something in a few hours. I'm currently working on the game so the screenshots will focus on what I'm updating.

Stay tuned for the revelation~! :D

Saiyu

♥ Eevee Insanity ♥
Years
Breaking News!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Krimmsy just told me he's working on something Super Special Awesome to show you all! I don't even know what it is ;_;

Coming soon to a Theater near you!

Umm... Something called 'Revelation' is just a few hours away.

... Etc.

AH! I can't wait! -Jumps up and down in seat-

By the way: I changed my siggy again~! Besides the super awesome Eeveelution siggy(made by me) I now have a panda love siggy!(Also made by me) -gasp- but what's that panda-look-alike? It certainly doesn't look like a real panda. So what could it be?

Last edited:

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Thanks guys for being so patient! I really didn't intend on releasing two updates so close to eachother, but since Archayos *poke* told everyone I would, which I didn't plan to, I decided to go ahead and show you guys what I've been working on today! Beware, as the screenshots might spoil some puzzles/places in-game!

Puzzles, Puzzles, Everywhere!June 9th, 08

whopm1.png

Hey members of Pokemon Community! It's Krimmsy, your friendly neighbor who's back with a new update! Today I've got some previews of some cool things in-game, some edits to improve the quality of the game, and of course a sneak-peak at one of the many Puzzles in Pokemon NeoEras~! So let's get started with the updated improvements! But first, I shall announce the winner of the Evolution Contest!

KurowaSan was the first and correct Member to guess that the previously released sprite is a Banette Evolution! Kudos to him! KurowaSan, please PM me to get the Cameo Information! :3

Now, let's go!

messageboxgi9.png

Eww, it's that girl again!

Above you can see that: I've finally updated the message box! I personally thing the new yellow is adorable :3 But..I have to admit... after trying to get that message box to work, I've become all stab-knife like XD I swear it took me like an hour to get it to work right! *stabs knife in air* Oh, and thankies to Riceeman who made the OverWorld~

exitbuttonlolyq5.png

More of the useless Exit Button...

Hey look! It's that useless exit button! a modified Menu! As you can see I've still not removed the Exit Button given it a slight transparency! I've yet to add the information box below it, though.

Now Let's take a look at a few scattered screenshots, showing off not only new tiles and a new messagebox, but also a beautiful new trainer sprite done by Riceeman! Please ignore the Trainer Backsprite, we're still working on getting the Hero Backsprite done...

gettinglosear3.png
bugcatcherba9.png

*-The Nugget Maze!-*

Now it's time for your first information on a specific area in Outa! But of course, it's a cool implementation but an annoying one to most. Welcome back the Nugget-thing idea! This time in Outa, it's an entire Maze (which believe me is annoying :3).

Rooollll the screenshots~!

nuggetmazenn4.png

battleel3.png

Puzzles here, Puzzles there, Puzzles, Puzzles everywhere!

Now, the Nugget Maze is a relatively difficult maze that leads to another town where the story continues, however as most of you know, the Nugget-things require you to battle trainers until you get to the last one where you earn a Nugget! Same applies to this Maze, but this time around you can take wrong turns and end up battling more trainers than you have to! Be careful, I hear the cut trees are rigged! D:

Oh Snapplez, a Contest!It's easy guys, let's go!

Now what update would this be without a contest?! This one is nearly as easy as the previous one, but all it requires you to do is open up an Artist-like program and have fun!

Let's begin with the rules~! All you have to do is make a custom/scratch Pokemon Sprite of Dragonair, quite a simple Pokemon to sprite! Remember the sprite must be in a customized pose and must fit in the field of 64x64 Pixels! Here's a reference sprite:

pkfrlg148hn9.png

Not only will your sprite appear in-game and as a Gym Leader's Pokemon, but YOU will also be featured as an Event NPC in one of many optional Events (the winner will be given a choice). Not only will the winner gain a cameo (which is getting old lol) he/she will also get a Dratini when the final release of the game comes out (Note that Dratinis are uncatchable in Outa :D)

Submit all entries to me via PM! Please enter, guys!

Stay Tuned for the next update! As I said, I won't release it at a certain reply number, I'll release it whenever I think it's ready. And remember, the next update the shadows at the top will be revealed~!

Attention All Members of PC: We're recruiting a Sugimori artist!
Anyone who knows how to draw and color, or even do pixel arts of
Pokemon is welcome to join us! We're highly interested in getting
some arts for new Pokemon to spice up the updates!

Saiyu

♥ Eevee Insanity ♥
Years
I hope people actually partake in the contest. It would be nice to find someone who can sprite >>''

Krimm! You're revealing the shadows that soon? Why not leave everyone in suspense just to torture them! xD And I don't remember seeing that Bug Trainer Sprite. It looks good ^^

Okay, I'm going to find something to do to occupy myself, byez! -runs away-

(ooo... This lighter looks like fun...)

Last edited:

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Vampy, I don't mind about you using the names at all. Always welcome to give more/script write.

Once again, great update. I'm especialy loving the Nugget Maze.

I am going to give a name or 2 for the shadowed pokes above.

One on the left.

Doredrag.
Sorce.

One on the right.
Morko.
Drafini.

Also, I have names for specific people.

Bug Catchers.
Honey.
Antony.

Rich Kids.
Richie.
Bill.
Mr. Rinkington.

Names for towns.

Sirenia.
Poret.
Seqa.
Carnio.
Plafva.

Names for areas.

Siren Generation Lab* ( In Sector 5)
Sector 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. (Sirenia)
Poret Tower** ( in the center of Poret)
Seqa River ( Outside the front of Seqa)
The 3 Tablets (Underground in Carnio)
The Underground (Carnio)
Plafva Volcano ( East of Plafva)

* Generation Lab for whatever you want.
This may be split down into other sections too.
** This may also be used for whatever you want.

A new script.

Carnio and Murdrige are always at war. At the cost of hundreds of trainers and pokemon, forced into battling this war, it was destroying what they are trying to save.

You see, The 3Tablets actually originated in Murdrige, but they were stolen by the rogue group known as Neo Pokemon. They hide out under Carnio, as a army.

Your job is, to try beat the entire troupe and get back the Tablets to Murdrige, then just maybe the war will be over.

I can add more later if you prefer.

Last edited:

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Thanks for your comment, Libra. I'll definitely look into the ideas :3

If you guys have any questions or suggestions I'm completely welcome! Remember we're still open to new Areas if you guys would like to see your idea in our game!

Get those entries in, people! I even supplied you with a Spriting Tutorial on the main page!

Riceeman

Spriter Guy
Years
  • Seen Nov 25, 2011
Bug Trainer Sprite is mine. I'm making not just overworld Sprites but making custom trainers for the normal types of trainer. And I like the Nugget Maze too!

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Attention: Alright guys, the Winner of the Dragonair Contest will be
announced TOMORROW, June 10th! All entries will not be accepted tomorrow,
so get them in today!

Reactions: Her

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
I'm dare we say...spritingly challenged. (Yes, I know it's not a word).

But, another suggestion.
Why don't we make Outa on a diffent hemisphere than the rest?
It add's originality.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
I wrote out a nice update for you guys, but my internet closed out ^_@ *stabs internet*

Mmm, Dragonairs and ToursJune 11th, 08

whopm1.png

Hey members of PokeCommunity! It's your agitated game maker, Krimm again ^_@ Back with a rewritten update that I did 5 minutes ago. So here's the rundown version.

Thanks to everyone who entered the Dragonair Contest! We got 5 Entriess in total!

Congratulations to the winner....

Entry #2 - Rm2k3kid~

dragonairwinnerdc8.png

The Reason why I chose Rm2k3kid's sprite for Dragonair is because it looks like
the literal evolution of Dratini, it doesn't look just like Dratini with wing ear things. I think
he did a good job of updating Dragonair into a more dragon like pokemon. Good job ^_^
Rm2k3kid, PM me when you're ready for the winnings details.

Video Tour!WTFBBQ?!

Alright, alright, I know it's a bit early for a video but this is to show you guys a map of mine in live action! Maresia City is the third city in the Outa Region, and is one with many things to do of course not all of them being things you can do right away. The reason I didn't click on the buildings on the upper right before the Underground Passage is because their spoilers and would have revealed an unreleased feature :3 I apologize for the lack of sound, however it wouldn't exactly matter seeing as how the music the city has right now is only a place holder until I can find a good composer. Enjoy~

Maresia City Video Tour

Oh and by the way, there seems to be confusion in the pronounciation of Outa.

Outa:
Oh-Tah
O-t-ah

Stay Tuned for the next update! As I said, I won't release it at a certain reply number, I'll release it whenever I think it's ready. And remember, the next update the shadows at the top will be revealed~!

Attention All Members of PC: We're recruiting a Sugimori artist!
Anyone who knows how to draw and color, or even do pixel arts of
Pokemon is welcome to join us! We're highly interested in getting
some arts for new Pokemon to spice up the updates!

Now we are also looking for a Music Composer! If you can modify/edit or create your own
Pokemon Themed music, you're welcome to join us! : D

Atomic Reactor

no wonder Rm2k3kid won!
that sprite is really done well!
can't wait to see his cameo.

are we suppose to guess what the pokemon shadows are or something?

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
Loved the video tour. I'm always so jealous of people using the starter kits in RmXP because they get to spend more time creating nice towns and populating them then I could. I loved the video mainly because your mapping looked really tight and tiles were well placed.
Good job.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
:3 Thanks for the comments guys!

@ Neo-Dragon: Yeah, I understand what you mean :p And I'm still not very happy with the Maresia City Map. The Gym part is the area that's bothering me >_<

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Well done sprite-maker ( what-ever your name is).

Nice city tour, could've donme with a bit more trainers though.

→ clocks everywhere →
Years
Southwest. Hmm couldnt you make it south east so I can suggest connecting hoenn through the left most island by ever grande?

Well I made it Southwest for two primary reasons:

A) Southeast is where Pokegen's Region, Gohir is located. Didn't want to interfere there~
B) Okinawa is located Southwest from the Japanese area that Hoenn is based off of (completely slipped my mind : p) and since all the other Regions are roughly in the same area as their Japanese counterparts, I thought it would make sense to do the same.

Plus, if you can't tell, Dewford Island is the first Hoenn area you access : p

Production News: Alright guys, the next update is COMING SOON. I can't garuntee when exactly, but it should be here quickly~ As for now, I'm currently trying to map one of my favorite cities in the game and I'm failing D: So there won't be much of an update in the mapping department unless I finish it today.

Oh, and I finished the first Gym's Setup, including puzzles, trainers, and of course everything about the Gym Leader. She's tough! : D

As for a Demo, I'm actually still debating whether or not I should release a demo... So there are a slight chance that you might see something in the next month or so.

-----------

@ Libra: Yeah, the City isn't fully done yet. And I'll definitely look into adding more NPCs around lol.

See you guys! Keep up the comments, the next update will be arriving shortly! : D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back