• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Digimon Adventure: World's Bane [R-15]

TurtleKing

Turtles > You
Years
  • Seen Dec 12, 2016
Kamemon.png
Silas Jamison
Part B1 (Interaction Post) - August 1st, 2012 - Brooklyn

Silas's run turned into a jog now. Then, the jog turned into a bob and weave. As he approached inner city New York, the crowdedness thickened like it did yesterday. New York was always bustling with workers going from here to there so he was used to it by now. Chapmon, however, wasn't as used it. He uncomfortably poked his head out of the backpack's zipper, gasping for air as he sat there snuggly with a smug expression on his face. Silas had just happened to look back and his eyes widened. Trying to play it off by putting his iPhone... well... his Digivice to his ear, he continued to bob and weave through traffic and said, "Get back in the backpack before somebody sees you!"

Chapmon gave Silas the "-____-" look as he said, "Dude, your backpack is terribly uncomfortable. You try squeezing into a backpack!'

Silas pushed Chapmon's head gently into the backpack, leaving a bit more of it open so that he could breathe. Silas eventually made his way to the all-too-familiar subway station. It was just as crowded as it was the other day, but Silas stood strong as he saw the next monorail approach the station. Once it broke and opened the doors, Silas waited for the passengers to unboard and then got on himself, following the GPS system on his Digivice that had directed him. Silas sat for a moment before he remembered that it took two subways to get to Staten Island. He was going to be here for a while. A sigh escaped his mouth as he held his backpack in his lap, Chapmon's eyes glancing at Silas occasionally.

"Don't be nervous, dude," Chapmon said with a bit of hope in his voice. "I'm sure my friends have already made acquaintances with the other Digidestined. They're probably some cool people, I bet."

Silas looked down at Chapmon, raising an eyebrow, as he whispered, "To be honest, I'm still not used to you talking to me yet." Soon, after a brief catnap from Silas and Chapmon, the subway stopped at the central point where the Brooklyn, Queens, and Manhattan monorails met. Silas unboarded the subway once the doors slid open and headed out to an even more crowded subway station. It appeared as though there was riot of sorts going on at the moment with all of these people going to and fro. Standing off to the side, waiting and observing, Silas's eyes wandered to the floor as they were set on papers that were dropped by some stockbroker who had tripped over a little child. Silas blinked once and... it was all gone. The people, the subways, everything. Just then, though, Silas's eyes started playing tricks on him .The people and the sounds... they flickered in and out like a faulty light bulb, until finally, they were gone.. The papers, however, that were on the floor, swooshed into the air effortlessly. It was like everything was in slow motion and... the children from yesterday were standing with him!

Silas blinked again and found himself in the same subway cart he was in yesterday with those same five kids. His backpack was gone... Chapmon was gone. Silas looked around and said, "What... just happened?" He asked this to no in particular, since they all were pretty dazed about these strange occurrences.

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
kitlcd.png

Date: August 1st
Time: 20:07
Current Mood: :cer_confused:
Currently Playing: New World

Ah the bustling. She knew it so well, actually waved at a few people as she passed. It had to look casual, Lark wandering the New York street life in early evening. Otherwise this would get back to Jake and... well, she didn't know what would happen. She had never really been grounded... and there wasn't much of anything she could think of that she would be banned from really. Still, she didn't want him to know. It was the safest way she could think of doing things. Kit sighed and adjusted her back, feeling Xiaomon's paws scrabbling against the back of her head from the top of the large guitar case. "Sorry Paopao," she murmured. "Please bear with it."

"Rawr...ruff..." I'm not used to having no place to stand. Kit hushed her quietly. Even if they were in a crowd, it was best not to take any chances of her voice being lost in it. From what she could tell, businessmen had sharper ears than even talented musicians. Kit wasn't quite sure why this was but oh well. She couldn't manage to provide herself an answer when the train screeched to a halt in front of her feet. Lark almost tripped on her way in, dragged along in the crowd by her tiny, unassuming frame. A few teens in the car grinned oddly at her, and she looked away quickly.

For a moment, she wondered what she would see at Staten Island. Would those others be there? How would she act with them? What would they act like? Would she get answers about Xiaomon? What would she do? Kit wondered if Xiaomon would be okay by herself. She was small and fluffy... did she have a hope against this... destiny? As if sensing her turmoil the Digimon scratched at the bag, aiming patiently for her knees. Kit smiled a little, rather weakly actually as she patted at where her violin case rested. She wasn't sure why she had brought it, considering she was likely going to head straight home after this. But... something in her mind said bring it, so Kit had done so.

Abruptly, while she was in mid-thought, the train jutted to a halt. Oh... right. I have to switch trains. Lark inwardly sighed. She was suddenly very tired. Letting herself be pulled out of the car, she stood waiting for the next train in patient exhaustion. Then the loud murmur flickered away along with a majority of the people, leaving her and five others standing there in bewilderment. They're here too..., she thought in instant recognition, small smile tugging irresponsibly at her lips. It was nice not to be alone. The rest appeared again, repeating this at like faulty wiring until the next cart pulled up. She blinked and rubbed her eyes. This is so strange... Once again the crowd dragged her in. She was too short to see if those others were here but why wouldn't they be? It was too much of a coincidence to her.

Then the crowd vanished, leaving only the six teens on the subway. "What... just happened?" asked one of the boys, dumbstruck.

Lark was quiet, somehow, uncertainly so, serene. "It's started," she murmured to herself. "Whatever it is." For you see, the answer had struck her abruptly, almost with the simple rap on the head that Jake occasionally gave her while checking her homework. This is magic. They had all just been pulled into something that had no logical reasoning they could grasp. Therefore, they must have been pulled into a magical game or trick or the search for a miracle. This possibility running through her mind, and having believed this sort of thing for many years, young Kit was able to take a few deep breaths and believe.

Xiaomon.gif

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016

Sophia

August 1st, 2012 - Part B

"Why is it so busy?" Sophia made her way down the street and she wasn't quite sure where she was going. The GPS on her phone had lead her through various alleyways and streets like it was trying to get revenge on her. She felt Tanemon squirm in her backpack as if she was dying to get free which she probably was. It was weird having to worry about another life other than her own. Several people bumped into her as if she wasn't even there she almost stopped to chew them out but she knew they didn't have time to do that. That hadn't stopped her from letting loose a string of curse words along the way. Around this time Queens became as beautiful as it was ever going to get. The sky was a pretty blue and was absent of any clouds it seemed to relax Sophia everything she looked up at it.

"We're going to this sub station again?!"

"Don't worry, I'm with you this time!"

"Gee, Tanemon you're really threatening,"

Most of their conversation on the way went like that. Sophia would say something negative and Tanemon would reassure her that everything was going to be perfectly fine. Of course Sophia knew better than to believe her after all this whole Digital World bit was crazy. How had no one ever noticed that there was another world or dimension where these Digimon lived? These were the type of thoughts that were rolling around Sophia's brain. She looked up to see which subway took her to Staten Island and quickly boarded it. Unfortunately for them it was packed full of people, rude people at that. Sophia got off at what she thought was the right exit but she wasn't too good at reading maps and subways. Did it take two trains to get to Staten Island? She hadn't been there since she was a little girl and even then she hated the place.

"Am I in the right—Hey! Watch yourself," Sophia yelled at some girl who absent mindedly ran straight into her. It must have been some tourist because they were always running into people and things. She noticed that it was quite busy, a lot busier than the last time she was down here. Tanemon mumbled something but Sophia ignored her to look down at her phone. Okay, so they were heading in the right direction. Sophia looked up and held her breath everyone had vanished into thin air except for five other teenagers. Right away she knew that these were the kids from subway that she had dreamed about. Everyone came back but they were more like images this time that were being turned on and off. The subway cart came and Sophia launched herself to the head of the line and boarded. She sat down as quickly as she could and just stared down at her phone. The noise level seemed became unbearable, Sophia clasped her hands over her ears. Why had it suddenly become full of life again? The sound went away as quickly as it had gathered Sophia breathed a sigh of relief.

"What... just happened?"

"It's started," Another one said "Whatever it is."

"Yeah, why am I stuck in here with you freaks again?" Sophia noticed it was the guy that had caught her attention before and the pip squeak who had spoken. Only this time she didn't have the jacket she had on last time so she was on full display. Sophia's outfit was a obviously a pink, low-cut tank top with her favorite pair of denim short shorts and to finish it off her pink, nike shoes. Her backpack with Tanemon stayed at her side with her hand draped over it to protect it.

Years
Noah Phillips
August 1st, 2012
Streets of Manhattan
Part B

Frimon.png

Walking down the street pretending that nothing was happening, pretending like he wasn't carrying another life form in his schoolbag. The nervous smile seen on Noah's face was priceless, it was almost as if he was peddling drugs in the city and the manner in which he clenched the bag in front of his body might have seemed weird to any passerby. And as if carrying around a miniature cat thing ,oh sorry digimon, wasn't hard enough Frimon wasn't helping out the situation with his noise making and constant chatter. "Whats that noise?" and it was constant "Ooooh whats that smell" Frimon commented or asked about every passing noise coming from the cars and buses and even commented on every scent around from the roasting coffee at starbucks down to the faintest scent of perfume.

One well placed slap on the bag or pulling a snack for Frimon to eat was the only way to shut up the curious kitty especially when a crowd of people were staring on the boy shouting at his bag. Noah quickly found himself a quiet corner without the stares of all the other pedestrians to have a little "chat" with Frimon.

"Will you be quiet down there" Noah shouted into the bag

"Why?"

"Because I said so"

"Why"

All of Frimon's responses came with an cute smile and with an air of innocence and ignorance and to Noah it was like a parent talking to a little child. In the end the conversation was pointless so back to his journey to wherever the hell this gps was leading him but this time he was walking faster than ever before, could even call it a light jog through the streets heading towards the subway station. "This is where all the weirdness went down last time" Noah came to a complete halt the moment he reached the entrance. Frimon popped his head up from the bag staring on Noah's face for a while.

"You know I'll protect you right?" this was Frimon genuinely trying to encourage Noah into taking the leap and going down into the subway station. "Yeah sure small head with tail" Noah joked as he stuffed Frimon back into the bag and made his way down the stairs. First stop was South Manhattan and catch something from their to Staten Island the location beeping on his phone. It seemed as if all the food had made Frimon happy and content as he was quietly awaiting the final leg of the trip.

"Alright so this train will take me....." suddenly Noah was faced with nothingness, what was once a bustling subway station was empty, this was a serious case of Déjà vu and just like the last time Noah stood their only seeing five other children like him. Before Noah could even say a word a piece of paper came flying in his direction and by time he removed it everything was back to normal.

So everything was lining up just as it did in his extremely vivid dream, subway station momentarily empty and following gps on his phone to another unknown location. Unto the cart, find a seat and rest his bag somewhere that Frimon won't be sat on especially with this large crowd that has flickered back into existence, and as quick as the flickered back they flickered away.

"And then their were six" Noah jokingly mumbled.

At least this time they had the presence of mind to actually talk and not let this awkward situation anymore awkward, but it was obvious that just like Noah they were all confused by the entire situation. Noah gave a sideway stare to the red head calling them freaks but didn't think about it too long, he was more interested in finding an answer to the first question asked "What... just happened?"

Noah assumed that they knew as little as he did and there was no point in talking about the situation that none of them really understood "So......Crazy weather we're having huh" he jokingly said trying to break a little of the tension if there was any and slid back into his seat with a little smile.....
Frimon.png

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

Theodora Peppercorn // 1st August, 2012 // Manhattan, New York

ADVENTURE TWO: Part B (I)
Gently stuffing Nyaromon into her bag, Theodora proceeded to make her way into the fray of Manhatten, New York. It was busy, like it was in her dream sequence yesterday, and noisy. Theodora had spent most of her life in Manhattan and was used to its bad habits but Nyaromon seemed a little less easy about it. Though he had kept his nose down but had been making small talk (and by making small talk, Theodora had been the one speaking and Nyaromon the one listening), he seemed just a tiny bit nervous of all the people in one space.

"How do humans live so close to eachother like this?" Nyaromon poked his mouth out before slouching back into Theodora's bag. She didn't have an answer first up, she had to think about it for a few moments. Why did humans live so close to eachother when there was a entire world to populate?

"Well, I guess," she started slowly, "that we are afraid of the outside. So we stay together like this so we feel safe together. That makes sense. That's what cities are, and New York is the greatest of them all! Do you have any cities in... what did you call it, the Internet?"

"The Digital World."

"That sounds like the internet. Whoa, hey look. The subway station! This is... where the GPS is taking us. Should we go down?"

"It's perfectly safe. It's not like last time," Nyaromon said gently.

"I hope so."

Theodora made her way down the stairs and into the station, catching the subway the GPS told her to take. She didn't fall asleep, not like she did last time. She disembarked when she was supposed to but found herself in Southern Manhatten. Oh, right! It took two trains to Staten Island. That wasn't too bad, she had the money on her card to do that. She moved over to a different platform and waited for her train. There were... so many people. Families, businessmen and women, students... It was all quite so eerie, especially with the newspapers flying around from the wind from the subways.

"Whoa, what? Nyar... Nyaromon, what's going on?"

The scene had been wiped clean; all those people were gone. Everyone except five teenagers who looked just as sketchy as eachother. In fact, it had been the same five from yesterday's dream. This was... this was... what was this?

"What... just happened?"

"It's started.nWhatever it is."

"Yeah, why am I stuck in here with you freaks again?"

"So... Crazy weather we're having, huh?"

Theodora was about to ask where they were and what was going on, but obviously these kids didn't know. At least they weren't gonna black out again. Or see that gross old man. Ew. Wait... this was like yesterday's dream. Maybe she was dreaming? Maybe this was a video game? Who knew, really?

"Is this dreaming of a video game?" was all Theodora could really come up with.​

Years

Riku Graham//August 1, 2012
Central Manhattan, New York

Adventure Two|Part B

"I can't breathe!!"

Babydmon poked his little green head out from the buttoned up denim vest Riku wore, the top of his scaly green head on Riku's chin. It was pretty uncomfortable, but Riku didn't pay much attention to it. He was absorbed in his Digivice, memorizing the map so he could easily navigate to his destination without having to have his eyes glued to this thing.

"Just...like...you know what?" Riku grabbed Babydmon and promptly pulled him out and carried him under his arm as he unbuttoned his denim vest. "Just stay still, and pretend to be a doll or something." Riku said as he put his Digivice away.

"I am a powerful Digimon destined to save the Digital World. I will NOT degrade myself by pretending to be a-"

"Dolly~" A little dark haired girl with pigtails squealed as she ran after Babydmon, stubby arms out ready to pull at the digimon. Riku raised an eyebrow as the tiny girl jumped up to grab the dragon only to come short every time as Riku lifted him ever so slightly so he could be just out of her reach. Babydmon froze still,

"Yeah, now too good to be a doll?" Riku smirked, Babydmon proceeded to nibble at Riku's elbow which resulted in a small scream from the boy. He chuckled as the people around him stared strangely, he idly pretended to text on his digivice to avoid any more awkwardness as he walked down the steps of the subway station. "This place, just doesn't feel right to me Babydmon."

"Don't worry, I'm here to protect you. I'm you partner, we're in this together. Trust me."

The dragon's voice was new to him, he had just met this alien creature, but for some reason...he was like his brother. His strange, scaly, dragon brother. Riku nods and proceeds to walk through the bustling crowd, thanks to his size Riku easily plowed through the crowd. No regards for the businessmen talking on their smart phones, they probably wouldn't notice anyways. "Okay, this is it right?" Riku took a deep breathe as he looked at the subway cart.

"Yes. Let's go." Babydmon said confidently, and Riku stepped on to the cart. Squeezing through to hold on to the safety harness to avoid falling on his ass again. After a few minutes it seemed, the subway cart stopped and he was dragged out into the station as a wave of people exited the subway cart.

"The line to Staten Island will arive shortly."

Riku's ears perked up at the sound of the voice over the intercom, he had forgotten the line made a stop here before heading out to the island. Riku had to constantly kick around loose papers that were scattered all over the station, he sat down on a bench and crossed his feet as he continued to examine his digivice. He placed Babydmon next to him and the digimon watched their surroundings carefully, "You humans are very interesting. Yes, very. I wonder how my comrades are doing."

"Comrades?" Riku sat upright, there were other digimon? As if on cue, the noise of the subway station completely died. Almost like someone pressed the mute button, only the sound of papers shuffling around was heard. Riku looked to see only a couple of people in the entire station, each one of them had some kind of creature with them.

"Digimon! They must be-" Riku stood up to try and confront the others only to be charged into by an oncoming man. The people were back, what was going on? It continued for this for a couple of seconds, the sound of wind whipping around the station was the only consistent sound. The subway cart finally rolled up, and just like that everyone was back for good it seemed. To make sure he could get a seat, Riku grabbed Babydmon and shoved his way into the cart. It didn't take long for everyone to disappear again, only five others were in the cart. They had Digimon, Babydmon looked around and smiled.

"What...is this?" Riku whispered. Meeting new people wasn't really his forte.

Back