• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

a little bit of help on team pls.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
So im new to SS and forum, but not to pokemon (up to 3rd gen and half of 4th gen i kno)

im trying to make a team for competitive play + get me through the game.

i just got the 8th badge and im on my way to the E4.

my current team is:

Gyradados Lv.34
-Bite
-Dragon Rage
-Surf
-Ice Fang

Fortretress Lv.34
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes
-Payback
-Bug Bite

Typhlosion Lv.36
-Swift
-Lava Plume
-Flame Wheel
-(no 4th move)

Kangaskhan Lv.26 (in training.)
-Dizzy Punch
-Fake Out
-Strength
-Bite

And the other 2 i was thinking on getting a Dragonair and Umbreon. (dont have them yet)

or i also have a Ampharos Lv31 and Slowpoke Lv.30 (slowbro in 7 lvs)

just need help on who to get for my last 2 pokemon.

also thinking on switching gyarados for vaporeon.

thanks.

Years
Gyarados with Earthquake, Ice Fang, Aqua Tail, and Dragon Dance is just absolute brilliance, it was a key player in my team for beating SS/HG.

I'm not terribly knowledgeable about Foretress, but that looks like a pretty good setup to me. I think most people usually replace bug Bite with Gyro Ball, as Foretress' low speed just owns when combined with gyro ball.

Typhlosion...always bugged me how it has such a tiny movepool, but it's just so cool I couldn't resist it as a starter. Flamethrower is better than Lava Plume when you get access to it, Eruption is also extremely useful seeing as Typhlosion is such a glass cannon. Pretty much the only other decent move it learns is Hidden Power, and Focus Blast. I really wouldn't use this guy competetively, but for beating the game, he's fine.

I can see Substitute and Focus Punch working pretty well on Kangaskhan, but since I've never used her the only solid advice I can give is definitely get rid of Strength once she gets access to better moves, like the ever-useful Sucker Punch. Return is far better than any other normal type STAB move I can think of, once her friendship is maxed out that is. Drain Punch would be a reliable way to recover HP, especially considering Scrappy. She has such a jaw dropping movepool that the possibilities are nearly limitless.

Whew, exhausted myself, I may come back later to think on those other two Pokemon.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
u got a great ground to start on but u need time and knowledge if u want some further advice pm me

Years
Maybe you could teach Typhlosion Sunny Day, which will power up its Fire attacks.

Ampharos is a great pokemon to have for against the E4as its Special Attack and attack are very high. I've never used Kangaskhan, but I do recommend getting a Miltank a very defensive pokemon. Once you get it to learn Zen Headbutt and versed a few Fighting types your Miltank will be ready to defeat both Koga and Bruno

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
Years
  • Seen Dec 19, 2014
thanks for all the advice guys,

ive been doing a little research and i figured out how i was gonna build me team.
pls rate and tell me if this is good/bad

Tentacruel
-Poison Spikes
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam or Barrier
-Surf

Umbreon
-Dark Pulse
-Moonlight
-Pursuit
-Toxic

Typhlosion (my pride and joy)
-Sunny Day
-Flamethrower
-Focus Blast
-Solarbeam

Magneton
-Flash Cannon
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet Rise
-(need a forth)

Kangaskhan
-Crunch
-Outrage
-Brick Break
-Substitute

Gallade
-Close Combat
-Psycho Cut
-Swords Dance
-Leaf Blade or Night Slash

ps. thanks to typhlosion and lugia (dont like using ubers but it was a must this time) im beating the E4. just got Lance left.

Back