• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hoenn/Kanto Journey Journal - Want to share your travelling stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
With my all-normal team on Sapphire, I entered Mossdeep Gym, but a Kirlia was 4 levels higher than my average level. So I decided to explore Shoal Cave and Abandoned Ship in order to fight wild Pokemon/Trainers. While in Shoal Cave, I caught me an awesome Snorunt, and a Spheal. ^_^

Years
  • Seen Jun 25, 2009
Just re-started Emerald today. Started with Treeco (love Sceptile) Grinded to Lv. 13 caught a ralts, raised to Lv. 9, caught a lotad (HM slave). Made it through petalburg forest, saved. And thus starts anther adventure. XD

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2011
I just restarted all of my GBA Pokemon games (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Leaf Green, AND Fire Red) after migrating all of my Pokemon to Platinum (and storing most of them in my Pokemon Ranch). I'm going to play through each game in turn, starting with Emerald, on the hunt for shiny Pokemon and decent legendaries (with good natures and IVs). I think I'll post here with updates on playing.

King!

better
Years
I restarted FireREd yesterday......

~Chose boy, named self King.
~Named rival Blankey(xD)
~Chose Charmander
~Lost to his critical hit(HAX)
~Got the dex and all that jazz
~Caught a PIdgey.
~Caught a Mankey
~Rose them all to level nine, plus beat my rival.
~Caught a Weedle.

Now I'm off to catch a Rattata and Spearow for the dex.

Hallylicious

アラン
Years
I pretty much finished the main story in Emerald, managed to catch a shiny Illumise and won master rank cute cobtest with an azurill.

So i decided to play my Sapphire game which i had almost forgot about. I hadnt even beaten the first gym when i started playing it again. I had a wingull lvl 15, Ralts lvl 15, Torchic lvl 15, whismur lvl 15 and a shroomish lvl 15. I beat the gym with ease. I then went on to Dewford (i think thts right) caught an Arron and trained it to lvl 18 like the rest of my pokemon.i beat the 2nd gym with ease. Im now stuck at your dads gym with all lvl 25 pokemon, except my combusken who is lvl 29

Silhouette

Years
In Sapphire, I decided my team still wasn't strong enough to face Tate & Liza, so I ventured out to Pacifilog. There, I got the TM for Return (what, like 27?), and fished me up a Wailmer, storing it in my PC. I saved after I healed and bought some Super Potions, preparing to go west of Pacifilog to further my training.

CAUTION: TEAM UPDATE!

Spoiler:

Tudj

HeartGold :P
Years
how weirds this, 2 years ago in firered, in the safari i found a shiny dratini, and i failed to catch it, and about 5 mins later i found a shiny dragonair same level and i caught it XD and now it is in my platinum:)

Silhouette

Years
how weirds this, 2 years ago in firered, in the safari i found a shiny dratini, and i failed to catch it, and about 5 mins later i found a shiny dragonair same level and i caught it XD and now it is in my platinum:)

↑ Congrats!

I overtrained, to be honest. After spamming Tail Whips and Bulk Ups after setting Lunatone and Solrock to sleep (Vigoroth's Yawn and Spinda's Teeter Dance helped), Vigoroth was able to take out half their HP in a single hit! I got my badge, and headed for the seafloor. Sadly, I had to leave Girafarig behind for a Spheal, and teach Spheal Dive.

After storming the Aqua's underwater base, and completely PWNING Archie, I went to Sootopolis after a few trainer battles. Girafarig caught up its missed levels.

Currently soft resetting for a good-natured Kyogre.

King!

better
Years
A....lot happened. I beat Brock and misty, creamed my rival a couple more times, gave some fat guy a bak rub, and now, I'm saved in front of Lt. Surge, who I can't seem to beat....

EDIT; WOOP! Butterfree poisoned it, after putting it to sleep....well..

Okay, Mankey took on Voltorb-2 Karate Chops, and PIkachu-1 Karate Chop, then it was time for Raichu. I sent out...Butterfree or Jigglypuff...yeah, Jigglypuff, and it killed her...Then I sent Butterfree, used SleepPowder...wait!

Okay, I sent out Butterfree first, used Sleep Powder, it fell asleep(it got in a Double Team), Lt. Surge used his Full Heal on that, so Butterfree poisoned it...

Then died, so I sent out Jigglypuff. Jigglypuff's Pound got a critical, so he used his potion on that, then Jigglypuff died, I sent out Clefairy, and poison took care of Raichu. FIBNALLY!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2012
A....lot happened. I beat Brock and misty, creamed my rival a couple more times, gave some fat guy a bak rub, and now, I'm saved in front of Lt. Surge, who I can't seem to beat....
I remember struggling with Lt Surge on my first Red game... I had chosen Bulbasaur, and breezed by the first two gyms, so Lt Surge was the first real challenge I had. As a result, I'm not a fan of the lieutenant!

I just restarted Emerald an hour or so ago. I only played through it once -- I'm not a fan of Hoenn. Alas, I'm am going to give 3rd gen another try :)

Currently training a Torchic and Poochyena to level 10!

encas

Don't tread on me.
Years
Currently about to face Lt. Surge with my Jigglypuff and Butterfree in my LeafGreen. In this file, I'll catch two Pokemon at the game's beginning (which I already did), two in the middle (Safari Zone to Victory Road), and two in the Sevii Islands. Since I only have two Pokemon I use in battle, they're at Level 25, so this should be easy!

CrystalFlow

Fun Trainer
Years
I restarted my sapphire last night I chose Treecko and went up and beat may. I then came back to the profs picked up some poke balls my mom gave me my running shoes and I saved for the night.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
[6/1/2009]
I recently restarted my Firered and named myself Damien (male chara apparently). I chose a Charmander as my starter. I wiped the floor with my rival and headed out to train. After I delivered Oak his parcel, I headed to the Viridian Forest and soon bagged myself a Caterpie. I continued through the forest battling every trainer in my path while searching for a Pikachu, and surprisingly found a Shiny Weedle! Soon I reached the end and my Pokemon were peaking LV 13-14, so I gave up my search and headed for Brock. I took care of his little minions and after healing, I headed for the top. Barely, I knocked out his two boulder Pokemon and headed for Cerulean. Upon reaching Cerulean, I realized that there was no way in hell that I'd beat Misty. So I trained my Pokemon to around 18-19 and faced off with my Rival in order to get further North. Soon I was over the bridge and caught an Oddish and Abra. I focused on the Oddish, who soon became a Gloom. I beat the entire gym with him and continued on my way to Mt. Moon. Now my team, which now included Kadabra, are around 22-24. I headed straight to Diglett Cave to get one of those handy mole-things to help me with Lt. Surge. So I searched and searched until I caught a LV29 Dugtrio. Before going to the Gym, I went and boarded the S.S. Anne. I was determined to fight every trainer on board and soon reached my Rival with a haul of new items. I engaged him in battle and soon I was convincing that Captain to hand over the Cut HM. With that in hand I headed for the Gym. Within minutes Lt. Surge was reduced to dust. I grabbed the badge and headed back towards Cerulean to grab the bike. With the bike in hand I started East.

dpiconani004.gif
LV25 Modest [M] Mega Punch, Growl, Ember, and Metal Claw
dpiconani012.gif
LV25 Naive [F] Tackle, Sleep Powder, Poisonpowder, and Confusion
dpiconani044.gif
LV26 Impish [M] Absorb, Sleep Powder, Bullet Seed, Poisonpowder
dpiconani064.gif
LV26 Hasty [M] Recover, Confusion, Reflect, Psybeam
dpiconani051.gif
LV29 Relaxed [F] Dig, Fury Swipes, Mud-Slap, Sand Tomb

[6/14/2009]
I blindly traveled through the Rock Tunnel and after a couple hours, finally emerged. I then headed into Lavender Town to heal my travel ridden Pokes. Soon we were on the road again, and ended up in Saffron City. I immediately headed for the guy at the top of the apartment building and grabbed the free Eevee. Then I was on my way to the Department Store to buy Evolution Stones. After a very small debate, I decided to evolve Eevee into a Jolteon. I headed to the counter and payed for a Thunder Stone and a Grass Stone for my Gloom. Currently running around in the Rocket Hideout.
135.gif
LV 29 Naughty [F] Shock Wave, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack
005.gif
LV 30 Modest [M] Mega Punch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw
064.gif
LV 29 Hasty [M] Recover, Confusion, Reflect, Psybeam
045.gif
LV 29 Impish [M] Absorb, Sleep Powder, Bullet Seed, PoisonPowder
012.gif
LV 27 Naive [F] Tackle, Sleep Powder, PoisonPowder, Confusion
051.gif
LV 29 Relaxed [F] Dig, Fury Swipes, Rock Slide, Sand Tomb

[7/10/09]
Determined to beat every trainer my first time through the game, I left no room unsearched and eventually made my way to Giovanni. After quickly dispatching him, and grabbing the Silph Scope, I exited the base and went to the old woman for the tea. I gave it to the guard at the gate so he'd let me past. I continued on to Lavender Town and battled my way to the top of the tower. After rescuing the old man and getting the PokeFlute, I made my way south to grab myself a Snorlax. The huge bulk of the Pokemon was blocking an entire crossroads allowing no one to pass. I whipped out the flute and began playing a lovely tune that I'm not entirely sure it enjoyed. It awoke and attacked. So I whipped out Dugtrio to let loose a couple of Rock Slides on it, which I had to do quite a few times due to Rest. Then I let Vileplume sprinkle some Sleep Powder so I could catch it. With only a little HP and unconscious, it wouldn't stay in a Great Ball. But after it used Rest once again and was at full HP and fast asleep, then it decided to stay in the Ball. I returned to Lavender with Snorlax in hand and made my to the name rater. I had let my friend catch the Dugtrio that I have with me and as a result received a very vulgar nickname and needed to change that. Now, all my Pokemon are outfitted with Japanese names. Heading towards Saffron.

135.gif
Thunders LV 35 Naughty [F] Shock Wave, Sand-Attack, Growl, Quick Attack
005.gif
Hitokage LV 33 Modest [M] Mega Punch, Growl, Ember, Metal Claw
064.gif
Fudin LV 32 Hasty [M] Recover, Confusion, Reflect, Psybeam
045.gif
Rafureissa LV 33 Impish [M] Absorb, Sleep Powder, Bullet Seed, PoisonPowder
051.gif
Suidou LV 32 Relaxed [F] Dig, Fury Swipes, Rock Slide, Sand Tomb
dpiconani143.gif
Kabigon LV 32 Lonely [M] Headbutt, Yawn, Rest, Snore

Last edited:

Superspaztastic13

Spaztastic Trainer
Years
My nephew lost to Watson 14 times in row and couldn't figure out how to defeat him with Grovle, Kirlia, Lombre, and Sableye (His pokemon were all level 20) I laughed so hard at him becuase I told him to train his pokemon and he refused! LOL, he told me to defeat the leader this weekend so I did, but with a diffenret team. Kadabra, Grovyle, Swalot, and Loudred (lvl 24s)

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2010
Oddest surf ever

Surfin and surfin and surfin I hear the cry of a tentacool didn't make sense at all never found a good answer for the question guess it's just a glitch

Years
Hmm... well today was a most eventful day in Hoenn, mostly to do with Rayquaza. I set him free and he settled the dispute between the grouchy Groudon and the cranky Kyogre, and then I decided you know what? I need him on my team: he's one of my fave legendaries, he's a dragon, AND... he's green!! :D

So, I hopped on my gyarados, and surfed my way to the Sky Pillar. It was as I was surfing, however, that I realised I had a severe lack of Pokeballs. So what did I do? I paid a little visit to Team Aqua's (now empty!) base to get myself a Masterball. Ka-ching! So back to the Sky Pillar I went (after buying numerous max repels). It took me a darn long time to actually reach Rayquaza, because I kept slipping into the little cracks that had been left after the earthquake, (despite my mach bike). Finally, I was nose to nose with the green beauty, and popped him in my Masterball before you could say: "Abra... Kadabra!" (LOL, sorry.)

So here ends my tale. I'll be sure to update this page if anything else mind-bogglingly exciting happens to me on my journey. For anyone that cares, my next stop is Ever Grande City. :)

HomicideCrunkMan

You just lost the game.
Years
I am just starting FireRed and so far this is my team and I'm not even in Pewter City and this is my team

Trainer-
Wartortle-lv23-Bite, Tail Whip, Withdraw, Water Gun
Emo-Pidgey-lv14-Tackle, Sand Attack, Gust
So far that is my team :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back