• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen ~Shiny Hunters~

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 6, 2018
btw, how lucky you guys are using the masuda method ? i've alread breed over 100 dratinis but no shiny so far

I'm doing a hunt for shiny Zorua in black through Mesuda and have hatched 3 boxes of them so far and have come up with zilch.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
Years
Okay guys, I got at this point where I just had to tell someone.

I have bred for Shiny Eevees in my copy of Pokémon X and got four Eeveelutions now, but I never really encountered one until Monday when I found a Shiny Geodude in a Horde. It gave me kind of a hard time to be caught, but eventually I got it in a Dusk Ball.

On the next day, Tuesday, I found a Shiny Gurdurr in the same spot. I caught it with one Quick Ball.

On Wednesday, I found a Shiny Graveler. In exactly the same spot. I caught it in the first Quick Ball thrown.

Then today, on Thursday, I found a Shiny Murkrow in a Horde on Route 15 while EV training. I caught it eventually in a Repeat Ball.

Four days, on each an accidental Shiny. What is happening to me?! You won't hear me complaining, though...
Also, that means I have both a Shiny Graveler and a Shiny Geodude, so if you need one of those let me know. If you have a Shiny back it would be great!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I got a shiny Ivysuar last night while in a friend safari! I've also gotten a shiny Relecanth through chain fishing a few months back :3

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 8, 2019
And so begins my odyssey for a timid 5-6iv shiny gastly using the masuda method...wish me luck i have a feeling its gonna be a long one

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I just caught a shiny Pikachu and a shiny Electrode within minutes of each other in an Electric Friend Safari. Wasn't even looking for them. That's so weird.....

EDIT: And today I caught a shiny Scraggy while horde EV training.

Last edited:
Years
I got a shiny female lvl 23 Shellos through wonder trade. It also got a hasty nature. So thats my sixth shiny.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
While I was breeding for a 6IV Gible I got a shiny one, but unfortunately only with 4 perfect IV. Since both parents were hatched in my game either, no Masuda Method involved, but considering how much I bred in this game it was bound to happen sooner or later.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
Years
I almost always breed, but I go to safaris occasionally, however I never chain. Eggs are more fun for me because I can build my shiny the way I want, leaving nothing but 1IV up to RNG in optimal cases. I also just find the whole mechanic more fun in general, with all the technical stuff, not just find more pokemon. Granted chaining to 40 takes skill, but I would hate to put in that work for a 2 or 3 IV pokemon.

Years
Got a shiny Corsola with chain fishing, and shiny unown and furfrou through trades ^^

I chain fish most of my shinies, or trade or find them by accident in friend safari's.

fallkitten

I Believe in Sherlock Holmes!
Years
  • Age 29
  • N/A
  • Seen Apr 8, 2024
I like hunting in safaries. Got some pretty nice shibnies, including braixen (but the next day I've got 5 IV Fennekin, so this one can be traded) MM method maybe good, but I still have no shiny pichu=(

Back