• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

DC, Marvel and Dark Horse Fans Assemble! - The Comic Universe Fanclub -

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Welcome Apollo and Sector! Woo two new people that actually prefer DC over Marvel!! haha

Anyways, while I'm in the Christmas spirit (no school today because of snow) I was perusing DC's YouTube account and came across this video:

While I liked the video ad thought it was cute, the show Teen Titans Go! isn't that good in my opinion. I think the producers try too hard to make it a comedy and there's not nearly enough action like the previous Teen Titans on CN. First, when they were announcing bringing the titans back on CN I was excited! Then I saw a trailer for the new show and my jaw dropped. Not in amazement but stupidity.

What are your thoughts on the show "Teen Titans Go!"?

Also, do you think the Powerpuff Girls are considered superheroes? Yeah, random question but it popped into my head as I was typing about Teen Titans.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
PPGs aren't classic comic book superheroes, but sure, yeah, they're superheroes just in a different form. They fight crime and save the day and have powers and stuff. That's all you really need to be a superhero, right?

Actually, I wonder how you do define a superhero.

And I don't know anything about Teen Titans, but that video was cute and funny. Those would make good shorts.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
PPGs aren't classic comic book superheroes, but sure, yeah, they're superheroes just in a different form. They fight crime and save the day and have powers and stuff. That's all you really need to be a superhero, right?

Actually, I wonder how you do define a superhero.

And I don't know anything about Teen Titans, but that video was cute and funny. Those would make good shorts.

Very good question! Here's how I definite a superhero and differentiate a superhero from a normal hero:

A normal hero helps saves peoples lives, and saves "the day". A superhero has some type of special weapon special power. By this logic, I would honestly barely describe Batman as a superhero.

Is Batman as much of a superhero as someone like Superman or Captain Marvel?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Super hero implies there is something supernatural about you, in my opinion. So nah, I wouldn't consider Batman or even Nightwing etc a superhero. In fact my friend who reads the Nightwing comics told me that on his first mission he ends up getting... shall we say sexually used against his will... by a woman. There ain't nothing super about him if he couldn't even stop that one :P

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
What is your favorite Comic Book company: MARVEL!

Who is your favorite character?: Iron Man. But also Wolverine.

What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie?: I really liked X-men Evolution :3 My favorite live action movies in this genre are Batman The Dark Knight and the whole Iron Man trilogy. Batman because Christopher Nolan is god, and Iron Man because Tony Stark (RDJ or not) is love and I loved all three movies.

Why do you want to join the club?: WHY HAVEN'T I JOINED THIS CLUB YET AASKJH GARBLE GARLKLnj hi I just want more superhero comic talk in my life. :3

As for the topic, I don't think you need a supernatural power to be a superhero. The difference between hero and superhero imo is the costume, the defining "powers" or accessories as well as a mission/crusade/goal to be fighting for. Which most often has to do with countering supervillains. A hero could be anyone doing something heroic.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

I definitely have to say this, superheroes doesn't mean you're a hero. Its the symbol, the example it stands for, that matters more. If you haven't watched the Dark Knight trilogy, watch it. It is the perfect example when Batman/Bruce Wayne explained it.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Super hero implies there is something supernatural about you, in my opinion. So nah, I wouldn't consider Batman or even Nightwing etc a superhero. In fact my friend who reads the Nightwing comics told me that on his first mission he ends up getting... shall we say sexually used against his will... by a woman. There ain't nothing super about him if he couldn't even stop that one :P

Haha good point. But every superhero has their slip ups. I'm sure that even Superman has screwed up at one point. Just because they're superheroes does't mean they are perfect. For example, Batman screwed up when he could have prevented Jason Todd from dying. That was super sad. :c

What is your favorite Comic Book company: MARVEL!

Who is your favorite character?: Iron Man. But also Wolverine.

What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie?: I really liked X-men Evolution :3 My favorite live action movies in this genre are Batman The Dark Knight and the whole Iron Man trilogy. Batman because Christopher Nolan is god, and Iron Man because Tony Stark (RDJ or not) is love and I loved all three movies.

Why do you want to join the club?: WHY HAVEN'T I JOINED THIS CLUB YET AASKJH GARBLE GARLKLnj hi I just want more superhero comic talk in my life. :3

As for the topic, I don't think you need a supernatural power to be a superhero. The difference between hero and superhero imo is the costume, the defining "powers" or accessories as well as a mission/crusade/goal to be fighting for. Which most often has to do with countering supervillains. A hero could be anyone doing something heroic.

Woooooooooo! Welcome to the club man. We now have cookies!
Spoiler:

baked them myself. Feel free to take one...IF YOU DARE!! :3

ow we gotta get Sheep and Dero to join. xp

I definitely have to say this, superheroes doesn't mean you're a hero. Its the symbol, the example it stands for, that matters more. If you haven't watched the Dark Knight trilogy, watch it. It is the perfect example when Batman/Bruce Wayne explained it.

Hm, different. I really liked your answer to the question; great example too. That trilogy had some of the best quotes, many of them coming from Alfred. Symbolism plays much in heroes, yes? It also plays a large role in the villains as well.

--------------------------------------------

Besides the delicious cookies, here's some more food for thought:

"I Don't Read Comics As A 49 Year Old Man" – Nicolas Cage

What are your guys' thoughts about older people reading comics. Do you think there should be a certain cut off age where comics can become immature? As he says in the article, there's nothing wrong with it. However, much of society looks down on comic book readers. The stereotype that all comic book readers live in their mother's basement and eat cheetos all day has been prevalent throughout the ages.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
What are your guys' thoughts about older people reading comics. Do you think there should be a certain cut off age where comics can become immature?

I think it's just dumb to judge people by what kind of books they read. Of course there's the stereotype, but whatever, there's always a stereotype for everything, aren't they? :)
Also, just because kids look up to superheroes means that it's for kids only? People that says that just proves that they haven't picked up a comic book and actually took the time to read it. Depending on the storyline, it can be very very dark. Like Spawn for example, so much deaths, blood and guts going around in that comic book. But if it isn't frowned upon by people for it's kid audience, people bash on it for it's sexual characteristics (ie: huge breasts and mover the top muscled men) or it's too violent. It's easier to bash on comic book than novels because you can see how the stuffs are drawn while novels you got to read them to know how the characters looks like.

Years
What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other? Marvel!
Who is your favorite character? Ahh.. I can't chose. I really like Thor and the rest of the Avengers. :)
What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie? I actually don't read the comics but am huge on the movies. That's probably really stupid to the hardcore comic book fans but I really hope I can get into the comics themselves soon! I liked Thor: The Dark World and The Avengers. Oh, and The Dark Knight.
Why do you want to join the club? I've been meaning to get more into superheroes and have loved the recent superhero movies we've gotten. So why not?!

This week's topic is: Thor 2
Hnnn so good. The sequel was remarkable and so funny, I loved all the silly remarks and witty comments Loki made especially. The plot was also great and I liked how they actually gave Jane more of a role. Would definitely watch it again~

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
What are your guys' thoughts about older people reading comics. Do you think there should be a certain cut off age where comics can become immature?

I think it's just dumb to judge people by what kind of books they read. Of course there's the stereotype, but whatever, there's always a stereotype for everything, aren't they? :)
Also, just because kids look up to superheroes means that it's for kids only? People that says that just proves that they haven't picked up a comic book and actually took the time to read it. Depending on the storyline, it can be very very dark. Like Spawn for example, so much deaths, blood and guts going around in that comic book. But if it isn't frowned upon by people for it's kid audience, people bash on it for it's sexual characteristics (ie: huge breasts and mover the top muscled men) or it's too violent. It's easier to bash on comic book than novels because you can see how the stuffs are drawn while novels you got to read them to know how the characters looks like.

Very true! That seems to be the case with everything. Yeah, I think you can like comics at any age. I mean look at Sta Lee, the dude's like 80 years old and he loves them.

What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other? Marvel!
Who is your favorite character? Ahh.. I can't chose. I really like Thor and the rest of the Avengers. :)
What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie? I actually don't read the comics but am huge on the movies. That's probably really stupid to the hardcore comic book fans but I really hope I can get into the comics themselves soon! I liked Thor: The Dark World and The Avengers. Oh, and The Dark Knight.
Why do you want to join the club? I've been meaning to get more into superheroes and have loved the recent superhero movies we've gotten. So why not?!

This week's topic is: Thor 2
Hnnn so good. The sequel was remarkable and so funny, I loved all the silly remarks and witty comments Loki made especially. The plot was also great and I liked how they actually gave Jane more of a role. Would definitely watch it again~

Yeeeeeeeee, my buddy joined. So happy! Welcome to the club. <3
Sorry for the laziness guys, ive been busy with school and work. Dx

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other? DC!
Who is your favorite character? If Nightwing or Robin count, Nightwing and Robin!
What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie? Diehard TV show person here.
Why do you want to join the club? I've always been into DC because my parents loved superheros, so I want to be part of this club to talk about DC, I'll also try to post any information about anything related to Dark Horse if I see it.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
Nobody slap me now, but... What is Dark Horse? I can probably google it, but maybe someone here can give a more adequate and biased answer than Wikipedia would provide :D

Years
Dark Horse is just another publisher as far as I know.

So I read that they've announced that they're going to make a Venom movie and also something called Sinister Six. No idea what that second one is, but they're related to Spider-Man so that's probably why. Never really cared for that superhero.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
What is your favorite Comic Book company: DC, Marvel, Dark Horse or other? DC!
Who is your favorite character? If Nightwing or Robin count, Nightwing and Robin!
What is your favorite comic book TV show or movie? Diehard TV show person here.
Why do you want to join the club? I've always been into DC because my parents loved superheros, so I want to be part of this club to talk about DC, I'll also try to post any information about anything related to Dark Horse if I see it.

Welcome to the club new friend! :D
I'll add you as both since they are both awesome characters. What are some of your favorite shows? :)

^^^
Also yeah guys, Dark Horse is another comic book company like DC and Marvel. A couple of their main comics are Hellboy and Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Here's their website: http://www.darkhorse.com/

On another note, starting a One Piece club today if anyone is interested in joining. :)

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Some of my favorite shows? Um... I like the old Batman from when Adam West was Batman. :3 I also like Teen Titans, but not sure if that counts! I've seen some Young Justice, but not enough to consider it my favorite, though.

Years
Those old Adam West Batman episodes are hilariously fun. I love their Joker, Cesar Romero.

tumblr_lgoak1G3GB1qz8gt5o1_500.jpg

And all the Bat-this and Bat-that gadgets that Batman had.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Merry Christmas to all and Happy Boxing day to some!

Alright, new topic. Of the Dark Knight trilogy, which one is your favorite?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Of the Dark Knight trilogy, which one is your favorite?[/B]

I actually don't know anything about the trilogy D: *shot by everyone else*
So I'll just bump this and ask for someone to illustrate this ignorant mind, pretty please? :3

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
I actually don't know anything about the trilogy D: *shot by everyone else*
So I'll just bump this and ask for someone to illustrate this ignorant mind, pretty please? :3

Well the Dark Knight trilogy is a trilogy (3 movies) released in the past 10 years or so by DC and Warner Bros. There are three different Batman movies that make up the trilogy, in order they are: Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, and the Dark Knight Rises. In each movie Bruce Wayne, played by Christopher Nolan, is faced with a different threat and a different villain. In each movie he has to overcome adversity, and learns a new lesson while saving the day ofc.

Each movie seems to be in chronological order. Batman Begins starts out when Bruce Wayne seems to be a young boy. Then by The Dark Knight Rises Bruce Wayne seems to be considerably older than in The Dark Knight. I have the series, and watch them from time to time. My favorite is The Dark Knight because the Joker is portrayed amazingly by Heath Ledger.

I didn't want to give any spoilers away, so I probably didn't describe the trilogy as well as I should have. If you have any more questions though, I'll be happy to answer. :)

Alright peeps, new topic.

Would you rather see a movie about a hero or a villain?

I honestly would rather see a movie about Lex Luthor over Superman.

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
The next DC Universe animated movie will be titled "The Son of Batman". Here is the trailer:

From the trailer, Batman harbored a son with Talia al 'Ghul. This son is named Damian Wayne. From the comic series he becomes the 5th. Robin which Batman mentors. This Robin is different because he's blood related to Bruce. From the trailer we see that Deathstroke will be the main antagonist, and that Damian will be on the past to avenge his grandfather's best. Hopefully Batman can teach his boy, the way of the Waynes and uphold justice.

What are your thoughts on new movie? It looks really good, I'll definitely be getting it!

Batman also has procreated a child with Lady Shiva called Helena. At one time Bruce tried to mentor her, but it ended up not working and the relationship was short lived. What superhero families are your favorite?

Back