• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
Does anyone else watch this anime? I really love it!

I'm bad at explaining stuff, so for anyone curious... here's the wikipedia page on it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magi:_The_Labyrinth_of_Magic

I've been watching it for a while now and it has a great mix of humor, action, adventure, tragedy etc to keep me hooked.

I think my favorite part is that a lot of the characters are in the morally gray area and many events really make you question your own morals, like 'What would I do in this situation? I'd probably be the same!' - the characters are really well-developed and the story is captivating IMO (after the first few episodes or so it gets very interesting)

there are many characters, so many personalities, it's difficult not to love (or hate!) at least one!

so, anyone looking for a good Fantasy/Action/Adventure anime should check this one out, and for any who are already fans of the show, I'd love to be your friend ;w; !!!

so yeah, hope to get some discussion going c:

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Thoughts on it - I love-hated the Balbadd arc. The ending of season one was weird. Opening 1 is great. 2 not so much. Action/Fights are nicely animated. Morgiana is love. Aladdin is a relatively good shounen MC. Characters designs in this anime are amazing. Music fits though doesn't stand out too much. I like Ren Hakuei and Ren Kougyoku. Judar/Judal is a weird antagonist in that I can't exactly pinpoint whether I dislike or like him. :p

Season two is great, though. Magnostadt arc is looking great.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
I've read it up to date and watched most of season 1. I did try to watch the dub and it was horrible, it will be censored to hell I can tell because of the VA for Alibaba sounds like he is 9 and the VA for alladin sounds like ben 10 >.< I love sinbad.

Years
I love this series! Recently got caught up with the manga so that's been keeping me interested a lottt. The characters are super amusing and I adore their silly little interactions, especially Sinbad and Yunan haha.

And I agree with you too - there are a lot of situations throughout the series that make me torn on the decisions. What would I do myself? Such hard choices!

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
Thoughts on it - I love-hated the Balbadd arc. The ending of season one was weird. Opening 1 is great. 2 not so much. Action/Fights are nicely animated. Morgiana is love. Aladdin is a relatively good shounen MC. Characters designs in this anime are amazing. Music fits though doesn't stand out too much. I like Ren Hakuei and Ren Kougyoku. Judar/Judal is a weird antagonist in that I can't exactly pinpoint whether I dislike or like him. :p

Season two is great, though. Magnostadt arc is looking great.

same here with the Balbadd arc, I am dreading the second one lol I just find that country so bleh...

I like all the opening themes! but I think the 2nd one is my favorite (probably biased because Hakuryuu shows up the most in that one xD)

yeah I agree for sure, the action/fights are great!

Morgiana was my favorite character until Hakuryuu came into the show, I was kinda surprised when Hakuryuu wound up liking her, since Morgiana was my fave since she reminded me of myself lol. although I'm pretty jealous of her xDD

I can't stand Aladdin >.< I think it's because he's a little pervert lol. I'm really trying to like him though... well i guess i dont hate him or anything i just dont really like him, he's probably my least favorite good guy

Kougokyu and Hakuei are cool i agree ^^ especially love Kougyoku's djinn equip. water dragon!? aww yeah. I agree about Judar,though right now i can't completely hate him since he is the only "friend" Hakuryuu seems to have right now...

yep cant wait for the next episode! SUNDAY GET HERE SOONER lol.

@Chuckles: oh my gosh lol I tried watching the dub too, it was hilariously bad. I'm waiting until Hakuryuu makes his appearance and then my friend and I are gonna watch it together. we're gonna have a vote every episode who does the best at being the worst xD

@Sheep: ME TOO! <3 yeah the latest chapters have been really great, and im really angry at Kouen because he seems to be plotting against Hakuryuu!? NO, I'll punch you Kouen! stay away from my man DDD:<

yeah hehe, I guess you've been reading the Sinbad manga too? :D I'm really enjoying it so far. because of it, Sinbad has grown on me a lot.

yeah ;~; especially about Hakuryuu. I know I would try to stop him, but if he refused to stay, I'd probably go with him and (hopefully) keep him from doing anything bad... if it came down to it though, I'd never abandon himI believe in him!

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
@Chuckles: oh my gosh lol I tried watching the dub too, it was hilariously bad. I'm waiting until Hakuryuu makes his appearance and then my friend and I are gonna watch it together. we're gonna have a vote every episode who does the best at being the worst xD

Yeah I haven't seen it yet but I reckon the bit in like the first few episodes when alibaba and Alladin speak about the big bountiful breasts and have the naked ladies dancing will be censored and when Alibaba get's hurt in a battle and checks 'down stairs' for damage will be censored. Also when it gets later on in the series when the shippers get their dreams crushed (some of them) will probably be censored to like not being couples to more being really close friends. I think the problem is they started a dub too early, because the series isn't all light hearted there are some really heavy and dark bits and I think who ever is doing the dubbing has made a mistake about that because Alladin is a child.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
lol I wonder... I only checked the latest episode, but I bet you're right about that part being censored (I wouldn't mind if it was tbh, because I personally didn't like it haha)

LOL oh yeah, when Morgiana is scarred for life xDDD

I dunno about the shippers thing since nothing is set in stone yet about who will pair with who, or if anyone will pair at all. there are tons of hints about pairings right now so I'm curious what happens. though pairings aren't really important to me anyways... although I hope that Hakuryuu stays single

I guess we'll have to see what happens. mature stuff, I think, is becoming more and more acceptable in the US (based on what's on TV nowadays) ... but I have no idea. after the release of the DBZ uncensored version on CN though, who knows?

is the Magi dub actually airing on TV? I only have cable so I have no idea.

Aladdin, you little pervert. I was so happy when Yamuraiha didn't let him get away with it xD

I love the subbed version though, the voices are so perfect.

what are you all looking forward to most in the anime/manga?

I want to see how Hakuryuu overcomes his inner demons, as well as how Gyokuen will receive the judgement she deserves

(sorry, I'm putting possible spoilers in white so others who might be new to the series dont get spoiled ... I sure hope the backgrounds of the other layouts are white too lol)

Years
To be honest, I lost interest in the second season \: I finished watching the first season a while back during it's original air date, but didn't feel much motivation in continuing that through to the second. But I do love Alibaba and Aladdin! :D The humour that goes along with their pervertedness was probably what I actually kept me watching XD

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Spoiler:

I wish this second season would have more Judar / Al Thamen. They seem to have been sidelined a lot, often referenced but never seen.

Yukiyo Kayume

Dragon Goddess
Years
@Vanille: once Hakuryuu left, I haven't been enjoying it as much but I still do - I can't wait until he returns! the meat of season 2 focused too much on Aladdin, which i thought was pretty lame since season 1 showed/developed a great deal of characters

@Zorua: yaaay! yeah, I want to see more Hakuryuu too ;w; *sigh*

I guess they are keeping Al Sarmen/Gyokuen/Hakuryuu for some really big event (hopefully season 3?)

I've been reading the manga and still no mention of them lol. I think Hakuryuu hasn't really appeared in the manga for over a year now.... >_> where are you hiding, Hakuryuu?!

derozio

Years
Hakuryuu has taken the Sasuke route. I'm not fond of it, to be honest, but let's see what he does with
Spoiler:
from now on. :p I don't think he'll get much more screen/panel time unless there's an arc revolving around Gyokuren.

Either way, Magnostadt arc IS pretty damn good - gives adrenaline rush even in the manga, so I'm looking forward to watching the rest after episode 14. I've put it on hold for now. :p I think they'll be able to cover till chapter 200 before this season ends. Too bad chapter 200 onwards is when we get some HILARIOUS Alibaba moments. I want those animated asap. ;______;

Years
Magi in the Magnostadt arc is quite a fun watch/read. Seeing Aladdin go through a lot of character development alongside Titus... :D

Anyways yeah the current manga arc is also engaging. A lot of reveals about the other world. :P

Anyone reading the Sinbad Prequel?

derozio

Years
I read the prototype chapter. Was good. :D Haven't read the other series, though.

Also yes, magnostadt arc is lots of fun. Recent manga revelations have been interesting too. Although the best parts of manga came in recent memory in between magnostadt and current arc. Dat alibaba morgiana moment galore.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Episode 24 is now subbed :D

Spoiler:

Years
EeeeEeeeeeeeeEEE.

Spoiler:

Saber of Yellow

King of Knights
Years
Alibaba is one of my favorite characters.

I really really LOVE this series~! Everything about, the characters, battles, story line! Amazing! I really have no complaints for this series, IMO, it's the closest thing to perfect!

Years
Saber, I'm totally in agreement with you there. d(* ̄o ̄) I don't seem to get as into anime series as I used to 3+ years ago but Magi is definitely an exception. I love the characters - they're all so full of depth and interesting, even the villains and side characters.

I rewatched some Magnostadt arc episodes last night. Almost forgotten how good it was and now I'm missing it like crazy, ahaha. Eagerly awaiting chapter 223!

Years
I feel like this thread being present here is a coincidence for me. I just recently finished this anime, it's absolutely amazing. The Magnostadt arc is by far my favourite. This is one of the very few series I'm willing to follow 'til the end; I usually don't get into/lose interest of anime that have 100+ episodes.

That lecture from Matal Mogamett hit me hard mang

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Ah, I totally forgot but I was planning on reading the series now that the anime s2 is over :) I'm excited because the anime was going a little slowly for me.

Years
@Logi: Mogamett's lecture was tough for me too. Geez though, his whole character was absolutely flawless and the they did a great job at making you unsure of his true motives and what kind of person he really was.

@Altairis: Do it! The series is fantastic, though I personally don't think the anime goes by too slow. Where did you leave off on it? :o

Back