• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Game: FireRed (U)
Editor: XSE

Spoiler:

i get error 13 type mismatch no #define on line 6.

can someone help?

You need five parameters for a warp. This is how a warp works with a warp tile in AdvanceMap:

warp 0x(bank#) 0x(map#) 0x(warp#) 0x0 0x0

If you're warping to a specific location, the script is:

warp 0x(bank#) 0x(map#) 0xFF 0x(X Coordinate) 0x(Y Coordinate)

If you need more help with warps, check out this great XSE guide by tajaros (you can find Warps if you scroll)

If I may ask:

How do I make my trainer start somewhere other than in his house?

You need this program (dropbox curtesy of gogojjtech):

It is called Advanced IntroEd and you can get the download by clicking here.

Just insert your rom and where it says bank and map is where you change it to whatever bank and map you want your character to start at.

Last edited:

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
You need five parameters for a warp. This is how a warp works with a warp tile in AdvanceMap:

warp 0x(bank#) 0x(map#) 0x(warp#) 0x0 0x0

If you're warping to a specific location, the script is:

warp 0x(bank#) 0x(map#) 0xFF 0x(X Coordinate) 0x(Y Coordinate)

If you need more help with warps, check out this great XSE guide by tajaros (you can find Warps if you scroll)

Did what u said still error 13

script :
Spoiler:

FIXED i was dumb and used $ for the coordinates -_-

Not fixed :(
When i insert the line

warpmuted 0x4 0x8 0xFF 0x0C 0x1

and compile and save it
it automaticly changes to the line

warpmuted 0x4 0x8 0xFF 0x6C0C 0x2

*sigh*

EDIT: dont know how i did it but FIXED :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Oct 5, 2019
Game: Emerald
Type: Person Script
Editor: XSE 1.1.1
Script: Wildbattle

This is a bizarre one. I have these three wildbattle scripts going in three different maps. They work just fine and the Person IDs match up with the flags I set. However, the game seems to just decide at random whether or not the Pokemon are holding the items that are in the script. I really have no clue what the problem is, because if I delete that item line from the script and then rewrite it, it may or may not work. It seems that, whenever I get one to work, the other two don't. How can I make it so they're holding their items 100% of the time?

Here are the three scripts in question:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years

This is a bizarre one. I have these three wildbattle scripts going in three different maps. They work just fine and the Person IDs match up with the flags I set. However, the game seems to just decide at random whether or not the Pokemon are holding the items that are in the script. I really have no clue what the problem is, because if I delete that item line from the script and then rewrite it, it may or may not work. It seems that, whenever I get one to work, the other two don't. How can I make it so they're holding their items 100% of the time?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I honestly have no idea what the issue could be. Try it on a fresh ROM, see if the error still occurs.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Did you convert the items to HEX?
Thats the only i can think of..

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I just tried your scripts with a fresh coy of Emerald, and your script works fine.
However, methinks that a wild PKMN battle has a 50% chance of carrying items.
I ain't an expert on this but that's just my personal opinion.

Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2014
I've just downloaded XSE (the folder say XSE 1.11 - Copie) but when i open it closes immediately...what i ve to do or what's the right link for download?

Thanks

Ok i've founded the solution. I don't known if every one known it or not, but for safety o post it here.

The problem appears when xse try to automatically download updates.

Resolution: disconnect your pc from internet; open XSE (will not quit) and go to Help->Updates and remove the option Automatically Check (i'm translating from italian, so it will be a little different). Close XSE and reconnect. Now it will work :)

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I've just downloaded XSE (the folder say XSE 1.11 - Copie) but when i open it closes immediately...what i ve to do or what's the right link for download?

Thanks

Ok i've founded the solution. I don't known if every one known it or not, but for safety o post it here.

Resolution: disconnect your pc from internet; open XSE (will not quit) and go to Help->Updates and remove the option Automatically Check (i'm translating from italian, so it will be a little different). Close XSE and reconnect. Now it will work :)
It is known... but it is very common bug so posting solution surely help someone..

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Hi again,

my game just freezes with this script its for a script tile,
everytime i step on the tile the game freezes.
but the music keeps playing.

EDITOR : XSE
GAME : FIRE RED

Script :
Spoiler:

can someone help me?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hi again,

my game just freezes with this script its for a script tile,
everytime i step on the tile the game freezes.
but the music keeps playing.

EDITOR : XSE
GAME : FIRE RED

Script :
Spoiler:

can someone help me?
You need to set Unknown bar (in Advanced Map) to 0300.

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hmm,
Okay I tried but still the same..

Put these values in your FireRed ROM.
pn4nt.jpg

(Advance Map v1.92)

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
thats the problem..

the flag is set....

...do you know how checkflags work?
Code:
[COLOR="Blue"]checkflag 0x8BF[/COLOR]
if [COLOR="Red"]0x1[/COLOR] goto 0x8801695

Code in blue tells the ROM that it needs to check whether flag 0x8BF is already set or not.
Code in red tells the ROM that if it's set, then proceeds to the pointed address.
Code in red, 0x1 means yes, while 0x0 means no.

The logic in your script is, if flag 0x8BF is already set, then you are telling the ROM to go to the 0x8801695 address.
However, since the flag is not yet set, the ROM ignores the 'goto' command, resulting to 'nothing is happening'.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
...do you know how checkflags work?
Code:
[COLOR=Blue]checkflag 0x8BF[/COLOR]
if [COLOR=Red]0x1[/COLOR] goto 0x8801695
Code in blue tells the ROM that it needs to check whether flag 0x8BF is already set or not.
Code in red tells the ROM that if it's set, then proceeds to the pointed address.
Code in red, 0x1 means yes, while 0x0 means no.

The logic in your script is, if flag 0x8BF is already set, then you are telling the ROM to go to the 0x8801695 address.
However, since the flag is not yet set, the ROM ignores the 'goto' command, resulting to 'nothing is happening'.

Yes i know how flags work i already made scripts with flags

destinedjagold

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Yes i know how flags work i already made scripts with flags

Then what is stopping you from changing...
Code:
if 0x1 goto 0x8801695
...to this...
Code:
if 0x0 goto 0x8801695
...so it'll work...?

Or do you have an early script wherein you need that flag to be set somewhere?
If so, then I suggest you check your previous scripts with that flag.

=/

Again, your script looks fine, and the vars and unknown values should be as what I posted a few posts ago.

Rezordaxx

Asks many questions!
Years
Then what is stopping you from changing...
Code:
if 0x1 goto 0x8801695
...to this...
Code:
if 0x0 goto 0x8801695
...so it'll work...?

Or do you have an early script wherein you need that flag to be set somewhere?
If so, then I suggest you check your previous scripts with that flag.

=/

Again, your script looks fine, and the vars and unknown values should be as what I posted a few posts ago.

I changed it allready and it was still the same ,

and yeah the flag is set in pewter city then you go to pallet town and the script must be activated then,

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
Years
I just tried your scripts with a fresh coy of Emerald, and your script works fine.
However, methinks that a wild PKMN battle has a 50% chance of carrying items.
I ain't an expert on this but that's just my personal opinion.

Actually, wild pokemon hold items according to this:
item1
Item2

Item1 has a 50 percent chance of appearing.
Item2 has a 5 percent chance of appearing.
If both items are the same, then it's a 100 percent chance. But, in givepokemon, the second item has an 8 percent chance. In setwildbattle, the item you chose WILL appear, unless you messed with the routines that the command uses.

Thanks

Or you could go in the ini and change this line:
Autoupdatecheck = 1
Change that 1 to a zero. But the newest version of XSE is in gamer2020's toolbox.

I changed it allready and it was still the same ,

and yeah the flag is set in pewter city then you go to pallet town and the script must be activated then,

It's probably because you changed var 4050 to something other than 0. If it's 0 the script runs. If it's other than 0, than it releases automatically.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back