• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~The Bug Hideout~ [a Bug Type Fanclub]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
There's quite a lot of Bug types capable of fighting Fire, a lot of which hit surprisingly hard, so I think if they were given a Focus Sash or two they'd definitely be able to best a Fire team. A huuuge number of Bug types get a Ground attack or two and to a lesser extent Rock/Water attacks, plus there's a decent number of Bugs with a secondary typing to resist Fire (or at least make it neutral), so I'm still thinking Steel but I'm not sure after Honey's post haha.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Hm...yea I agree that bug can hold their own decently well against most types. Buut I still think fire poses the most threat. And maybe water. I say this just cuz of how versatile and deadly rain teams can be.

Years
While fire poses a huge threat, I'm going to go against the grain and say poison. While many bug type can learn ground type moves, they'd be stuck on Weezing and Gengar (unless any bugs have mold breaker which I don't think they do). Weezing can learn Flamethrower and Fire Blast, and Gengar can learn Psychic to deal with Bug/Poison Combo. Also, poison is also typed with water in Tentacruel and Quilfish, with Tentacruel having amazing special attack, special defense and speed (so it could outspeed Crustle, and wall Volcarona with ease probably (I'm not sure, just guessing)). Drapion and Toxicroak (and some other poison types) can learn rock slide too. And bug doesn't have a whole lot in the way to counter poison. Other than Earthquake (which can be negated) and maybe some psychic moves(?) poison could take bug on pretty easily.

CourageHound

Years
@GolurkIsDaBomb Yea I do agree with you and most everything in that poison can handle bug pretty well. However, i've fought a mono bug with my mono poison and I think its sevearly dependent on what pokemon is brought to the match. The biggest issue poison has with bug would be volcanora who can sweep at anty offered opprotunity to quiver dance and chenesect who while not being able to use its bug moves, can still hit hard against even the more defensive poisons with moves like t-bolt, flamethrower, and ice beam which can score alot of super effective hits(not to mention they are boosted by gensect's download abillity). Genesect also often holds choice scarf to let it outspeed alot of stuff. Tentacruel would normally be able to wall volcanora, but volcanora can learn psychic(although most people opt for hurricane). Poison can win, but its all about who makes the better choices and who has the momentum. Looking at those two threats I beleive Muk would do a great job against volcanora and Genesect. Genesect gets an attack boost against Muk from download and we all know genesect is a special attacker(even if it had u-turn it wouldnt do much damage) and muk can sponge a hit and go for the fire punch. As long as volcanora doesnt have psychic, much can take a hit and fire a massive gunk shot at Volcanora's less than desirable defense stat and also possibly poison it. If only bug was still weak to poison...

Last edited:

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Username: Puppeteer Mask
Your Partners: Scrin the Yanmega and Caesar the Galvantula
What made you join?: Bug type pokemon are some of my favourite pokemon, despite my real life fear of bugs. A lot of them are practically like dinosaurs, and really hammer home the fact that if bugs weren't so small they'd be some of the most powerful and terrifying creatures mankind has ever known. Heck, at the size they're at now they're generally wicked impressive. Considering that Beedrill is my favourite pokemon, this club seems like it'd compliment my membership in Toxic well.
Answer the current topic: In a monotype vs mono type battle, which types would bug have the hardest time fighting off?

I'm gonna have to go with Golurk and say that Poison would be a great type to wall out bugs. The only issue I can find is that a great deal of bug types can learn Psychic type moves, even if they don't have the type. And there of course those heavy hitters that can use Earthquake and other powerful ground type moves. I'd say Rock would also be a good type to choose. There are not a whole lot of Bug types with asecondary type that can effectively handle Rock, and even the ones with the moves are generally still weak to Rock type moves anyways. Not to mention there are some genuinely tricky Rock types out there that can work around such pitfalls.

Oh yeah. And there's Stealth Rock. Freaking Stealth Rock...

Years
Username: ButterfreeDreamer
Your Partners: Butterfree and Butifly
What made you join?: Because Butterfree is the best <3
Answer the current topic: Well, I love butterfree and even have a real-life butterfree tattoo to prove it! Butiful is basically butterfree's cousin, so I'll take that one, too!

CourageHound

Years
Oh yeah. And there's Stealth Rock. Freaking Stealth Rock...

XD!! Yea...

Unfortunately some bug types were screwd over with the advent of stealth rocks. And some rock types in can give bug types a run for their money as well. Bug is a decent defensive type though, being resistant to fighting, ground, and grass(the former two being common attacking types). Only being resistant to fighting and grass correct me if i'm wrong. Howeveeerr they are weak to fire, rock, and flighting which can e quit troublesome. However the bug types weaknesses can become expanseive as with the multitude of secondary types they have.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
*kicks fallen Club in the ribs* I WILL MAKE THIS CLUB LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Nineteen days and no new discussions will not do. No sir. And so I shall offer up my own line of discussion. With the advent of Gen VI, we're going to definitely see some new bug types. They're one of the most common types, after all. Gen V gave us some really awesome bug types and really gave the type a much needed kick in the pants with the advent of some really nifty new bug types for competitive play. They even got their first Legendary in the form of Genesect, and a pseudo-legendary in the form of Volcarona! What kinds of bug types do you think we can expect in Gen VI? Do you think this new trend will continue? Or has the shining moment for Bug types come and gone? The often discussed Pokemon #666 is early in the Gen VI pokedex, do you think it could be our common bug type? I've heard a suggestion that it could be a Bug/Dark type like the common house fly, representing Beelzebub. That'd be pretty cool, right?

Google2.0

Stand Alone Complex
Years
Username: Google 2.0
Your Partners: Venomoth, Ariados
What made you join?: Bug type pokemon are my second favorite type (dark being first)
Answer the current topic: What made you choose your two partners?
Venomoth is one of my favorite pokemon from gen1 it had a weird but kinda cool loking sprite back then (pokemon red / blue games) and Venomoth can also learn Psychic type attacks.

Ariados because i used one when i played silver, crystal and gold for the first time (yes in all 3 games)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Username: synerjee

Your Partners: Joltik and Heracross

What made you join?: I used to generalize Bug-types as weak and useless for teams based on my initial encounters with Caterpie and Weedle, but over the years, I've come to appreciate and love these Pokemon a lot. Within that soft shell shines a strong light.

I chose Joltik as it is the cutest Bug-type ever. x3 Its Bug/Electric typings make it all the more irresistible as I love Electric-types as well. As for Heracross, it's super strong and strikes me as a brilliant fighter.

BugBoyTroy

Professor in-training
Years
Username: trotz59
Your Partners: Ariados and Shedinja
What made you join?: I love bug-types. They are one of my top three favorite types (along with Electric, and ground). I find them highly underrated and have tried my best to prove to people that bug types are actually awesome.

I chose Ariados because it is one of my favorite all time pokemon. I find it to be so much fun to battle with and it is incredibly interesting. As a competetive pokemon player, most people don't expect an Ariados to be their opponent, and it's power can come as a big surprise when used properly.
As for Shedinja, I think it is a fascinating Pokemon. My favorite ability by far, Shedinja is also very eerily cute, and it's way of being evolved into is so cool

Cossolotto32

Pokemon Collector!
Years
I'd love to join:)
Username: Cossolotto32
Your Partners: Beedrill, Ariados
What made you join?: I love pokemon it's my favorite type. I really enjoy all of the designs and concepts of bugs gaining abnormal powers and types. How awesome itd be if they were actually the size the pokemon were? Everyone would be so afraid of them, like they already are!
Answer the current topic: Beedrill is and has always been my favorite bug type pokemon! I love the needles on its arms! And Ariados' design is to die for, and the way it moves around in Pokemon forever really made me like him a lot more.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Closed at request of the owner.

Ar4VX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back