• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
L4D2 is a Valve game. Very likely that only Valve games will ever have "Free to keep forever if you can download it in one day" days like that. It was free on Christmas, too.
I don't think WarPaint is referring to L4D2 this time.

Years
I'm pretty sure he's asking why it being for the PS4 swayed your opinion of the game.

Oh, because the original release date of Watch_Dogs was close to the PS4 launch, and being excited over the console kind of trickled into the games for the platform :P I've always been a huge fan of PlayStation so anything that looks pretty, and is for the console makes me interested :3 Shallow way of thinking, I know ;-;

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
Years
I want to wait for a decent bundle before I trade in my PS3...also I'm trying to hurry to finish a ton of JRPGs ^^;; I'm very close to selling my Vita. I'm upset I even asked for one now with the lack of physical games. I have 2 T.T

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I want to wait for a decent bundle before I trade in my PS3...also I'm trying to hurry to finish a ton of JRPGs ^^;; I'm very close to selling my Vita. I'm upset I even asked for one now with the lack of physical games. I have 2 T.T
You like JRPGs and you are close to selling Vita? o.O
How come?!
Just wait for this year ;) There will be huge amount of JRPGs =)

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
I think the fact that you can get Legend of Mana on your Vita and therefore have that game in a portable form is reason enough to keep the Vita.

Years

Somewhat along the same line as Satoshi, why would you trade in your PS3? D:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 28, 2014
You like JRPGs and you are close to selling Vita? o.O
How come?!
Just wait for this year ;) There will be huge amount of JRPGs =)
No kidding, i'm buying one next month. Probably the Borderlands 2 bundle despite lacking the OLED screen it comes with a memory card so yay.

Doubt i'll run out of JRPG to play, for now i have in mind:
- Atelier Totori/Meruru Plus (maybe rorona plus in 2014 if Gust localize it)
- Demon Gaze
- Conception II
- Tales of Heart R
- YS

Non-JRPG:
- Dangan Ronpa 1&2

I'm probably forgetting some titles.

Shadow Sneak Sableye

Bright Beauty ♥
Years
Trading my PS3 in for a PS4 bundle, is what I meant. As for my Vita, seriously all I have is the Disgaea remake that I have for the PS3, Demon Gaze, and Metal Gear HD, which again I've played. A lot of the JRPGs coming out where already on a console, and I've played them there. It's a bit much to constantly rebuy things

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Trading my PS3 in for a PS4 bundle, is what I meant. As for my Vita, seriously all I have is the Disgaea remake that I have for the PS3, Demon Gaze, and Metal Gear HD, which again I've played. A lot of the JRPGs coming out where already on a console, and I've played them there. It's a bit much to constantly rebuy things
This year? The JRPGs coming out, as far as I know, are mostly original. Conception 2, SAO: Hollow Fragment, Hyperdimension Spin-off, Natural Doctrine, etc. There are remakes, but there are also a bunch of non-JRPG games coming out as well

...Though, for me, my eye is on Disgaea 4. I make it a point to not buy the games since they're rereleased with more content later on handhelds. Personally, I'd at least wait until after E3. Or get into digital downloads (since Vita physicals barely have anything worth buying them for, save for collective purposes. Often times they don't even have books).

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
So, I picked up a copy of Secret of Evermore yesterday at a con for $40. That's way more than I've seen it for on eBay, especially after the con, but... cons, man. It's a really good game anyway, and fully worth it.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
This year? The JRPGs coming out, as far as I know, are mostly original. Conception 2, SAO: Hollow Fragment, Hyperdimension Spin-off, Natural Doctrine, etc. There are remakes, but there are also a bunch of non-JRPG games coming out as well
You mean Neptunia PP or Rebirth?
'cause Rebirth isn't spin-off.

And people still forget Persona-look-alike, Mind 0 in the list of JRPGs.

You don't search enough =D There's lot of Vita-only JRPGs =)
And... I would actually advise against trading PS3 for PS4... at least for now. PS4 has really small library and aside from Child of Light, there's no JRPG...

Ponyta

Diamond Hooves
Years
I don't like digital downloads on a handheld. It takes up so much space to constantly do that, but the VIta really has users between a rock and a hard place at the moment with that

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I don't like digital downloads on a handheld. It takes up so much space to constantly do that, but the VIta really has users between a rock and a hard place at the moment with that
I'd say the Vita's the only system where that's a problem. On my 3DS, I have at least 5 (definitely more) full 3DS games digitally, around 15+ eShop game, and a bunch of DSiware/VC games. I'd say that digital downloads for handhelds are more convenient than any other platform, even PCs. Heck, it's part of what makes me love my 3DS so much.

But the Vita with its crazy storage prices and annoying format, I can see why one would want to go physical. I was lucky enough to get a 16 Gig during a deal.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 24, 2021
The Vita's proprietary storage format is, I'm somehow led to believe, partially for the sake of preventing piracy, but mostly just seems like a cynical attempt to leech money from customers.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I personally prefer physical copies over digital. They may cost less on some occasion, but once you've purchased them, they're all yours; you cannot trade them back in. ): Physical ones do get damaged, but so do digital, if something's wrong with your memory card or hard drive.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I personally prefer physical copies over digital. They may cost less on some occasion, but once you've purchased them, they're all yours; you cannot trade them back in. ): Physical ones do get damaged, but so do digital, if something's wrong with your memory card or hard drive.
See, that's not really a problem for me. I stopped trading in games since, unless you resell the games on something like amazon, you probably won't get much for what you're returning. Generally it's not worth it and, when I was younger, I would often regret my trade-ins.

Not to mention that generally digital can be redownloaded. Nintendo is pretty much the only format that makes it so that if you lose the console, you lose the game (which won't be a problem for too long, I'd hope). Of course, if you lose the storage device, you're fine.

But I'm not trying to make this into a Physical vs. Digital deal, I got a taste of that in the thread dedicated to it where a shocking amount of people (especially in 2014) said that they outright didn't do digital at all or didn't like it. That's one of those "Only on Pokecommunity" things that I'll always keep with me, the type of thing that makes me love this place.

I'm just saying that it's a viable medium, especially for Japanese games that are digital-only because they are taking a risk by even being released outside Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back