• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 27, 2023
I absolutely refuse to play as the male

All male protagonists are supposed to have their hair enclosed under a hat

he looks like an action anime character

I hope their names are better then *shudder* Hilda/Hilbert

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
The Water Gym Leader anyone? I find his tan line so unusual. Who tans their face/stomach and leave the rest down (including feet!) normal? Otherwise I think he's interesting somehow.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yeah...I have no clue what's going on there. Maybe they were trying to make him appear like he's literally always on the beach? o_O Or maybe Unova got hit by greenhouse gases, affecting the gym leaders!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
The Water Gym Leader anyone? I find his tan line so unusual. Who tans their face/stomach and leave the rest down (including feet!) normal? Otherwise I think he's interesting somehow.

You should see my grandpa
But yeah, that tan line is WEIRD. Like, dang. But he seems like hed be a sweetheart! <3

I can't help but notice that EVERY character revealed so far has RIDICULOUS hair. The shiny glitter in the Water dude's hair is pretty nifty, BUT MY GOSH.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I like the new girl much more than I liked Hilda...something about the new girl reminds me of Blue/Leaf, maybe it's the skirt and hair color...either way she looks awesome. I don't mind that the boy looks like an action anime character, actually it makes him better in my eyes ^_^.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
Yes his tan line is really weird but generic and that's cool. Also I wonder if he reminds anyone else of Finnick Odair?

I like the youthful look of Homika, she's like a rebellious teenager. Having a band in her garage, etc.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...water leader has glitter? omg. But um, on the note of hair, didn't B/W have weird hair too? Or at least iirc it did. B2W2's isn't that weird other than the professor and the poison leader imo. :x

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Oh yeah, they all had weird hair, but not AS weird as what they have shown us so far in the new games. But the professor takes the cake as far as the ODDEST hair of them all.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Two years later, Unova set a trend on the hair. Spiffy!

No but seriously, the hairstyles don't bother me that much. These new characters are lookin' fine!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The hair styles look fine to me too, well except for the prof's...it's even stranger than Iris' and N's...

The water gym leader isn't tan i the feet? I never noticed that before...

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I love the boy the girl would look nice if she got rid of her meatballs

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
Years
  • Age 32
  • USA
  • Seen May 2, 2015
The highlight of the character designs are the gym-leaders!

She is my favorite of the two; presumed to be a poison-type gym leader?
homika.png

I really like the fin-legging-swimsuit; presumed to be the water gym leader?
shizui.png

The hero sprites have mixed reviews. MALE<FEMALE
The male sprite is AWFUL. He is a dweeb with a horrible haircut and leggings. The female sprite is probably one of the most interesting and appealing design for a heroine. I like the frilled mini-skirt, black leggings, and that crazy hair!
PBW2%20F-Trainer.jpg
Black-White-2-Male-Trainer.jpg

Volcoronawing649

New Recruit
Years
(responding to -ty-) this is the first time I have seen the male character for the sequel games and I must say......Its going to take a while for me to get used to that god awful design! But the female character is to die for! The water gym leader is a little weird looking, but the poison type leader looks SOOOOOOOO cool. They did a good job with the female characters but not the male ones? Interesting

637.png

Volcarona FTW! Oh, and Larvesta, he is cool too...

Years
  • Age 25
  • USA
  • Seen May 24, 2014
I LOVE the new female protagonist, but the male ..... meh.
I like the new gym leaders too. Overall good for me, just not WHAZAM! You know what I mean?

The first time I saw the water type gym leader I was like:
Spoiler:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Honestly, I wish the new water gym leader had a shirt. I've never liked the shrtless gym leaders/Elite Four members.
I agree, but it would make sense for a male water type Gym Leader to be shirtless. Guys don't really swim around in their shirts.

I think his character design is great, but if he was that white, (and the tan line is to show what he's about) they could have at least made him a little bit darker than from his previous skin tone. GF just had to go full on dark and leave very obvious tan lines. :[

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022

I agree, but it would make sense for a male water type Gym Leader to be shirtless. Guys don't really swim around in their shirts.

I think his character design is great, but if he was that white, (and the tan line is to show what he's about) they could have at least made him a little bit darker than from his previous skin tone. GF just had to go full on dark and leave very obvious tan lines. :[

I do. ;;

His tanlines (like the hair in the game), is ridiculous, but most certainly not unrealistic. xD
I kind of like that he's shirtless -le blush-, though. It does give that much more...idk, I just feelt hat if he's a swimmer who's also a water type leader, he should be in a swimsuit, which he is.

And dang, he's the first shirtless character who doesn't have a gut the size of the city they live in, you woulda thought people would have appreciated that much, at least. xD

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
I like the chick with the guitar. Other than that, meh. Oh, yes, the male protagonist. He looks like some kind of... SWEET TRANSVESTITE FROM TRANSSEXUAL TRANSYLVANIA!

Ahem, sorry about that, his clothes are just a bit...odd. I'd prefer if the guy with the black jewfro was the protagonist, but whatever. At least Pokemon from previous gens are catchable.

♠Dawn Rayne♠

Best in the world at what I do
Years
  • Age 33
  • PA
  • Seen May 6, 2012
I wonder if these new characters will be integrated into the Manga series as well.. I like the look of the other ones better actually, usually the female character is more appealing to me too but this time the male looks cooler. Nice hair bro! Will name him Jericho. ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
I wonder if these new characters will be integrated into the Manga series as well.. I like the look of the other ones better actually, usually the female character is more appealing to me too but this time the male looks cooler. Nice hair bro! Will name him Jericho. ;)

More like ridiculous hair
But that is an interesting theory, kind of like how they put Homika in the anime!

I'm pretty anxious to see how they incorporate older characters (if any are included in this game at all) into the games and if they have an updated wardrobe. That'd be neat to see, too.

So far though I'm excited to see what type of personality each new character has, especially the Gym Leaders'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back